Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: U.K. Fiancé Visa - Cost of living? Fast responses please.  (Read 366 times)

• Liked: 1
Hi!

We’re completing the fiancé visa and we’re doing it under adequate maintenance as my fiancée gets PIP. It’s asking how much she spends on living costs. We’re confused. What do we include in this, please? It’s the last question we have on the application so any quick responses will be greatly appreciated. What are the living costs that we have to take into account? Does her pet costs count? TIA.

• Liked: 6110
Re: U.K. Fiancé Visa - Cost of living? Fast responses please.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 01:32:45 PM »
Hi!

We’re completing the fiancé visa and we’re doing it under adequate maintenance as my fiancée gets PIP. It’s asking how much she spends on living costs. We’re confused. What do we include in this, please? It’s the last question we have on the application so any quick responses will be greatly appreciated. What are the living costs that we have to take into account? Does her pet costs count? TIA.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

I think you need to slow down just a little. You are going to have to provide evidence of this and the other claims you are making in the application and it's not something you want to get wrong as it's a really expensive application!.

Adequate maintenance considers your housing costs. So rent/mortgage and council tax. There is a specific formula they use,  it's all explained here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/996024/adequate-maintenance-and-accommodation-appendix-fm-annex-1.7a-v8.0-ext.pdf

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:59:44 PM »
Hi, I apologise and thank you! :)

I’ve been researching this for almost 2 years and preparing in every careful way, but the way this question has been worded while doing the application has thrown me.

The question says, ‘How much does (SPONSER) spend on living costs each month in GBP?’ It then says, ‘living costs should be their average monthly outgoings and can cover, accommodation, food, travel expenses, mobile phone...’

I’ve read articles, I’ve done my homework and I was prepared for the calculations I’ve learnt but this doesn’t seem like it’s the same for some reason. I’m a little stressed, again, I’m sorry. I just don’t want to get anything wrong and I’ve tried for days to get some clarification but there’s been nothing. Do I just go with what I’ve learnt and put housing costs or do I put all the outgoings including pet insurance, etc?

No need to apologise! I was just worried that you were diving in without fully understanding the requirements but obviously your situation is the opposite of that. Good for you for doing your research.  :)

So you've got to the last question which asks for all the living expenses but you've not yet had a question about the housing expenses vs the income? Are you in the right place?

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 02:18:25 PM »
Thank you for making sure. I’d hate anyone to go through this without thoroughly knowing what’s what. Like you said, it’s an expensive application and should be done correctly! :)

Yeah... there should be more I assume but it is the last question and I’m at a loss. Nothing has even mentioned adequate maintenance yet either or anything you’ve mentioned, just that question and I don’t know what I’m suppose to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I’ve done 2 years of preparing to just stumble hugely on this.

It was so much easier when the applications were on paper and we could see all the questions!
If you put a figure in that box, does it generate another set of questions? And to answer your original query, I would include pet insurance as it's one of your fiancé's outgoings which seems to be what they are asking for.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab