Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) Questions  (Read 599 times)

• Liked: 2
Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) Questions
« on: July 07, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »
Hi! I'm back again and so happy to be applying for my FLR(M) visa!

I have a few questions about the application and documents:

1) I filled out the application and progressed through all the tabs to assess what all was needed, but once I entered the  NHS section it locked the rest of the application. I noticed some errors in the application that I need to fix and so I think I need to start a new application to answer everything correctly. I never paid for the NHS surcharge and never submitted the first application, so is there a way to delete an application in progress or will it eventually just expire?

2) For bank statements, I believe I remember hearing that downloaded statements are now accepted. Are the downloaded statements on their own fine to upload or do they need to printed and signed by the bank?

3) For the question that asks, "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?" in reference to my home country, am I supposed to say "yes" and explain how I've established a shared life in the UK with my husband, family, and friends?

4) For the question that asks, "Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?" should I respond "no" and explain that he would have to get a visa or "yes" because he would be able to get a visa.

5) For the declarations section, it asks "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?" I answered "yes" because all of our utility bills are in both of our names. The next question is "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?" confuses me a bit. My husband does not provide me financial support but he is providing all of the financial evidence for the visa. So do I select no because neither he nor anyone else provides me financial support?

6) We are planning to use our water bill as a proof of cohabitation. Each bill is addressed to my husband but both of our names are listed on the account on the bill. Will having both of our names on the bill suffice or does it have to be addressed to both of us?

Thank you so much!

Date of fiancée visa application (priority): October 24, 2020
Date of biometrics: December 28, 2020 (2 month wait for Boston ASC due to COVID)
Date documents sent to NY Hub: December 28, 2020
Application forwarded to UKVI: December 29, 2020
Application received by UK Decision Making Centre: January 21, 2021
Approved: January 28, 2021

Date of FLR(M) application (super priority): July 7, 2021
Date of biometrics: July 30, 2021
Approved: July 30, 2021

• Liked: 3589
Re: Fiancé Visa to FLR(M) Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 02:24:10 PM »
1) I filled out the application and progressed through all the tabs to assess what all was needed, but once I entered the  NHS section it locked the rest of the application. I noticed some errors in the application that I need to fix and so I think I need to start a new application to answer everything correctly. I never paid for the NHS surcharge and never submitted the first application, so is there a way to delete an application in progress or will it eventually just expire?

I believe you just need to start a new application. The old one will eventually be deleted off the system.

Also, I would advise NOT completing the online application until you have gathered all your documents and are completely ready to submit them for processing.

2) For bank statements, I believe I remember hearing that downloaded statements are now accepted. Are the downloaded statements on their own fine to upload or do they need to printed and signed by the bank?

No, downloaded statements on their own are not acceptable.

The statements must either be:
- printed on official bank stationery (either mailed to you or printed in-branch by the bank)
Or
-online statements that have been either stamped by the bank on every page, or are accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity

3) For the question that asks, "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?" in reference to my home country, am I supposed to say "yes" and explain how I've established a shared life in the UK with my husband, family, and friends?

Your answer to this is NO, because you could return to the US to live if you wanted and you have the option for your UK partner to apply for a visa to move there to be with you.

Suitable reasons for being able to say Yes to this are:
- your life would be in danger in the US due to war, terrorism, famine, natural disasters, domestic violence etc, and you HAVE to move to the UK in order to be able to survive and be safe
- your U.K. partner is banned from entering the US and will never qualify for a visa to move there

4) For the question that asks, "Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?" should I respond "no" and explain that he would have to get a visa or "yes" because he would be able to get a visa.

Your answer is Yes, for the same reasons as above.

There’s nothing legally stopping you from living together (safely) in the US or in any other country. It might not be easy, and it would involve applying for visas, but it is possible.

5) For the declarations section, it asks "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?" I answered "yes" because all of our utility bills are in both of our names. The next question is "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?" confuses me a bit. My husband does not provide me financial support but he is providing all of the financial evidence for the visa. So do I select no because neither he nor anyone else provides me financial support?

The answer to this one is NO, because you are not allowed to use third party support (someone other than you or your spouse) for you visa.

For the consent to checks forms:
- the applicant signs part 1
- the sponsor signs part 2
- no one signs part 3 as you are not allowed third party support

6) We are planning to use our water bill as a proof of cohabitation. Each bill is addressed to my husband but both of our names are listed on the account on the bill. Will having both of our names on the bill suffice or does it have to be addressed to both of us?

Having both names on it should be fine.

What other documents are you planning to use for cohabitation?

You need:
- 1 document in each name dated every 4 months covering the last 2 years
- they must be evenly spaced
- they must be from at least 3 official sources (water bill is 1 source)
- they must have been received in the mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »
Hi @ksand24 ! Thank you so much for quick reply and for helping me with all of my questions.

Thanks for shedding some light on the questions, the wording can be so confusing.

My husband ran to the bank with printed bank statements and got them signed and stamped on each page.

Below is the list of documents that we have read to submit. How does it all look?

Applicant Documents
1. Current US passport with every page scanned
2. Signed sponsor declaration
3. Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by applicant
4. Part 2 Consent to Checks form signed by sponsor
6. Driving Record (for speeding tickets I disclosed in application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
1. Husband’s UK passport with every page scanned

Finances
Option 1 - Cat(A) - Salary over £18600
1. Payslips covering December-June stamped and signed by finance manager
2. Bank statements covering December-June stamped and signed by bank on every page
3. Letter from employer stating annual salary, start date, promotions and salaries during his time, authenticity of payslips and contract, confirmation that payslips and contract are signed by finance manager
4. 2021 P60 signed by finance manager

Residence in the UK
1. Initial lease agreement in husband’s name
2. Signed addendum to contract authorizing me as an occupant at our shared address (signed by landlord, me, and husband)
3. Council Tax statement April 2021

Cohabitation
Cover letter explaining switching from a fiancé visa and do not have enough mail having only lived here for 3 months
Electric bill - April 1 (addressed to both names)
Council tax bill - April 6 (addressed to both names)
Water bill - April 22 (addressed to husband but my name is listed as an account holder)
Meter reading notice from electric company - June 4   (addressed to both names)

Proof of Marriage
Marriage certificate
Date of biometrics: December 28, 2020 (2 month wait for Boston ASC due to COVID)

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »
My FLR(M) application was approved on Friday! Yay! So happy to be on the other side of visas for a while.

I have a quick question about receiving the BRP card. I just received the email from UKVI saying that courier will get in contact with me to schedule delivery of my BRP card and it said "you will need to ensure an adult is home to accept and sign for delivery and has appropriate identification." Does that mean any adult with ID can accept it aka my husband? Or do I have to be the one to accept it?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 05:55:54 PM »
My FLR(M) application was approved on Friday! Yay! So happy to be on the other side of visas for a while.

I have a quick question about receiving the BRP card. I just received the email from UKVI saying that courier will get in contact with me to schedule delivery of my BRP card and it said "you will need to ensure an adult is home to accept and sign for delivery and has appropriate identification." Does that mean any adult with ID can accept it aka my husband? Or do I have to be the one to accept it?

Congratulations!!!

I know I accepted my husbands BRP but I can't remember whether I needed my ID or his.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab