Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advance Child Tax Credit  (Read 539 times)

• My Girl
  • Liked: 0
Advance Child Tax Credit
« on: July 12, 2021, 02:58:09 PM »
Hi All

Does anyone know whether or not expats are eligible for the advanced child tax credits, assuming they meet all of the other eligibility requirements? 

Thanks
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Liked: 4985
Re: Advance Child Tax Credit
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
Hi All

Does anyone know whether or not expats are eligible for the advanced child tax credits, assuming they meet all of the other eligibility requirements? 

Thanks

You are NOT eligible if:

1.  NOT on a military assignment abroad
2.  Do NOT live at least 6 months and 1 day in the USA in 2021

It's virtually impossible to opt out of the advance payments, so if they start arriving on the 15th - DONT SPEND!!!!!

Unless you are on a military assignment or the US is your primary home for tax purposes.

• My Girl
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 03:56:23 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply!  Not the news I had hoped for but at least now it is clear...
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 04:08:59 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply!  Not the news I had hoped for but at least now it is clear...

For a proper link:

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-eligibility-assistant

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab