Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR Own/Rent home question  (Read 435 times)

• Neil Fortin
  • Liked: 25
FLR Own/Rent home question
« on: July 22, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »
Hi!

We are working out way through the application and are stuck on the Home ownership question. My British husband owns the home we live in without a mortgage. When it asks " Do you own or rent your home" does this mean me, the one applying for the FLR,  or him? The home is not in my name only his, but both our names are on the council tax.   

My guess is we stay yes, and then put 0 in the box because we don't have a mortgage.

Thanks!

Neil
Met 11/2016
Applied 4 fiancé visa 1/1/2018
fiancé visa refusal 2/2018
Married in USA 11/2018
 Application submitted 11/2018
Biometrics 11/2018
Sent documents 11/2018
Application received email December 17th 2018
Email requesting proof of priority purchase Feb 1st 2019
Email requesting additional docs Feb 4th 2019
Decision Made Email 2/19/2019
Passport received 2/21/19
Applied for FLR(M) Priority  6/08/2
Biometrics 9/8/21 (9am)
Decision Made 9/8/21 (1pm)

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR Own/Rent home question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »
Hi!

We are working out way through the application and are stuck on the Home ownership question. My British husband owns the home we live in without a mortgage. When it asks " Do you own or rent your home" does this mean me, the one applying for the FLR,  or him? The home is not in my name only his, but both our names are on the council tax.   

My guess is we stay yes, and then put 0 in the box because we don't have a mortgage.

Thanks!

Neil

Correct. The "you" is plural.  :)

• Neil Fortin
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 11:52:33 AM »
Thanks, I thought so. One more question we are on the "Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support" question. What does this mean? Is my husband and his finances (what we are using to prove financial support) a 3rd party or do they mean a 3rd party outside of the marriage?

The two questions are below.

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Do they refer to the accommodation proof or something else?

Thank you!!

Met 11/2016
Applied 4 fiancé visa 1/1/2018
fiancé visa refusal 2/2018
Married in USA 11/2018
 Application submitted 11/2018
Biometrics 11/2018
Sent documents 11/2018
Application received email December 17th 2018
Email requesting proof of priority purchase Feb 1st 2019
Email requesting additional docs Feb 4th 2019
Decision Made Email 2/19/2019
Passport received 2/21/19
Applied for FLR(M) Priority  6/08/2
Biometrics 9/8/21 (9am)
Decision Made 9/8/21 (1pm)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
Thanks, I thought so. One more question we are on the "Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support" question. What does this mean? Is my husband and his finances (what we are using to prove financial support) a 3rd party or do they mean a 3rd party outside of the marriage?

The two questions are below.

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Do they refer to the accommodation proof or something else?

Thank you!!

The page for third party support does not apply so you can leave it blank. The other two must be signed.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 12:33:32 PM »

They mean a third party that is not the applicant or the sponsor, for example, a relative or friend.

You are not allowed to use third party financial support for your visa, so you MUST tick No to the question about a third party.

For this one, you tick Yes, assuming you and your husband are both named on some of the documents you are providing, such as utility bills and bank statements.

For this you answer No, because no one else other than your husband is allowed to provide you with financial support.

After these questions there will be 3 consent to checks forms for signing:

Part 1 is signed by you, as the applicant.

Part 2 is signed by your husband, as the UK sponsor.

Part 3 is not signed by anyone as you are not allowed third party support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab