Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sobe  (Read 3442 times)

• Liked: 4985
Sobe
« on: July 24, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
He was nearly 21 years old and the best boy anyone could ask for.

In his early years, he enjoyed travelling with his Mommy between Orlando and Clearwater.   He was never good at catching lizards but was great at stealing them from Copper.

While he didn’t love air travel, he travelled between Florida and Colorado and eventually obtained a passport and flew across the pond to Berkshire England where he enjoyed a fulfilling life.

At one point Mommy met a boy that stuck around, then they had one kid and then another.  Sobe enjoyed being a full member of the family and went with us on our most recent summer holiday where we visited numerous national parks in both England and Wales.

Favourite foods included most things American. Broccoli cheddar soup, queso, and blueberry muffins were amongst his favourites.

He had a seizure this morning and while it passed relatively quickly, I did what was best and let him reunite with Copper. They are together dancing in the rainbows now. I will be okay. My family will be okay. But we are heartbroken.

There will be more animals.  But there will only ever be one Sobe and one Copper. I am comforted that they are together.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Sobe
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 01:52:28 PM »
He was nearly 21 years old and the best boy anyone could ask for.

In his early years, he enjoyed travelling with his Mommy between Orlando and Clearwater.   He was never good at catching lizards but was great at stealing them from Copper.

While he didn’t love air travel, he travelled between Florida and Colorado and eventually obtained a passport and flew across the pond to Berkshire England where he enjoyed a fulfilling life.

At one point Mommy met a boy that stuck around, then they had one kid and then another.  Sobe enjoyed being a full member of the family and went with us on our most recent summer holiday where we visited numerous national parks in both England and Wales.

Favourite foods included most things American. Broccoli cheddar soup, queso, and blueberry muffins were amongst his favourites.

He had a seizure this morning and while it passed relatively quickly, I did what was best and let him reunite with Copper. They are together dancing in the rainbows now. I will be okay. My family will be okay. But we are heartbroken.

There will be more animals.  But there will only ever be one Sobe and one Copper. I am comforted that they are together.

I've been dreading this coming. It's the absolute worst thing about loving something so much. I'm so, so sorry. RIP Sobe boy.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 03:05:11 PM »
Oh man. I’m so sorry. I’m still upset about my fur baby Milo, and he died 16 years ago!!

When they get ya, they got ya good. Its never easy…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 03:30:45 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this news.  My warmest and gentlest thoughts to you and your family.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »
So sorry to hear that, KFDancer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 04:16:31 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words. 

I could have “kept him going” but chose to let him rest.  I didn’t plan to spend the weekend crying but one never does! 

Lord knows he was LOVED. And he loved back hard.

I posted here before anywhere else. You guys get it.

I can’t believe I’m a cat lady without a cat….   :\\\'(

• Liked: 424
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 05:32:17 PM »
Oh kf, I’m so very sorry. I’ve lost family like you, I’m sitting here tearing up……it never goes away but eventually it gets a bit easier. My very sincere condolences for your families loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words. 

I could have “kept him going” but chose to let him rest.  I didn’t plan to spend the weekend crying but one never does! 

Lord knows he was LOVED. And he loved back hard.

I posted here before anywhere else. You guys get it.

I can’t believe I’m a cat lady without a cat….   :\\\'(

I've read all about Sobe over the years and I don't think there ever was a cat so well loved and cared for. I told my husband that when I gave him the news.
You are a cat lady to look up to and you had the strength to make the most difficult decision of all when you had to.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 11:24:54 AM »
So sorry to hear this news.  Did I get to meet Sobe? 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 01:16:37 PM »
What a lovely tribute to your boy.  Lots of love 💕
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »
So sorry to hear this news.  Did I get to meet Sobe? 

I believe I had "him" open the door because I know you LOVE CATS.  ;D  So yes, if you saw a cat, it would have been him. 

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 02:48:10 PM »
Thank you all.  I took a sleeping pill last night and had good sleep and feel better for it today.  I could (and I'm sure will) cry at any minute, but haven't started yet today. 

I hate that I won't be able to do a rescue when the time is right.  Two big strikes against me, I will only have housecats and I have children.  At least it's unlikely I will be able to do a rescue.  Will explore when we get to that point.  That point is not now.  ;D

• Liked: 387
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 03:17:12 PM »
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear!  Parting ways with your fur baby is so traumatic.   :\\\'(  :( 

Let yourself cry, and mourn, and be kind to yourself - and take all the time you need.  Lots of love to you and your family!  [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 03:46:21 PM »
Thank you all.  I took a sleeping pill last night and had good sleep and feel better for it today.  I could (and I'm sure will) cry at any minute, but haven't started yet today. 

I hate that I won't be able to do a rescue when the time is right.  Two big strikes against me, I will only have housecats and I have children.  At least it's unlikely I will be able to do a rescue.  Will explore when we get to that point.  That point is not now.  ;D

When you're ready, don't give up on the rescue idea if that's what you would like. I had to look hard but I eventually found two small, independent shelters which will deal with me as an indoor only owner.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 07:20:43 PM »
I believe I had "him" open the door because I know you LOVE CATS.  ;D  So yes, if you saw a cat, it would have been him. 
Definitely was him then!   I was meeting so many new people that it was hard to keep track. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab