Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Minor incorrect info on letter from employer  (Read 338 times)

• Liked: 0
Minor incorrect info on letter from employer
« on: July 24, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
I am applying for ILR and my husband is my sponsor. He has obtained a letter from his employer with all the correct financial info. However at the top of the letter it references FLR(M) incorrectly rather than SET(M). This is because his employer had written a letter previously and reused the header.

All of the info in the body of the letter is correct and it references current salary and employment info so is obviously not just a copy and paste from the last letter. Can I still use this letter and maybe note the correction in a cover letter of my own? Obtaining a new letter would be extremely difficult with some current time restraints.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Minor incorrect info on letter from employer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
I am applying for ILR and my husband is my sponsor. He has obtained a letter from his employer with all the correct financial info. However at the top of the letter it references FLR(M) incorrectly rather than SET(M). This is because his employer had written a letter previously and reused the header.

All of the info in the body of the letter is correct and it references current salary and employment info so is obviously not just a copy and paste from the last letter. Can I still use this letter and maybe note the correction in a cover letter of my own? Obtaining a new letter would be extremely difficult with some current time restraints.

I'd try to obtain the new letter but if you can't get it in time then submit with an explanation.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 04:24:36 PM »
If someone notices, they won’t care as it isn’t required (the application type in the letter).  BUT, I would try to see if they can correct it just so you can rest easily.  The employer doesn’t need to reference the application type at all of easier.  :D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »
Thank you both! I think we may have to chance a correction in a cover letter. We could possibly get a corrected letter but not before the next paycheck is due, and then we'd have to get new bank statements and this whole chain of events would be triggered that would make it really difficult to reach our deadline. I am uneasy having an error but I don't want to risk my visa running out.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab