Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Failed to report speeding tickets on previous visa app now applying for ILR  (Read 485 times)

• Liked: 4
I am looking at our last Tier 2 General work visa application, as I am sitting down to do our ILR applications.  I can see that for the visa application, they DID ask about criminal offenses, penalties, warnings, and I said there were none, not realising that a simple speeding ticket counted.  In fact, my husband and I have both received several speeding tickets in our lives, and I have gathered all the info about them, ready to report them on this ILR application.  What should I do about the fact that we didn't report them before?? Perhaps add a note or additional page saying I didn't realise I needed to report them, but I am telling them now?

• Liked: 4985
Okay, this is not *normal* kfdancer-style response. But I’d just pretend you didn’t read that and hit submit. 

I also am not in a good headspace, so let Larabee and Ksand chime in.

The thing is, your visa would NOT have been refused if you declared it earlier. You didn’t use deception to try to circumvent the request for disclosure, you just didn’t know. So a letter would be fine. Not including a letter would be fine. Basically, just do whatever makes you sleep at night. 

• Liked: 6110
If you're sure the wording of the question on the previous visa application required you to declare speeding tickets, I would include the letter. It was an honest mistake and you're coming clean now.  The officers deal with deception day in and day out, they will be able to spot a genuine applicant from a chancer a mile off.

• Liked: 4
Thanks for the answers.  I have reported everything and I will also include a letter explaining the situation. 

Sponsored Links