Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Time between online application and biometrics?  (Read 658 times)

• Liked: 0
Time between online application and biometrics?
« on: July 25, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »
I’m submitting the online application for ILR today and was wondering if I need to book the biometrics appointment immediately or if we are allowed a delay to scan and upload documents (we want to do this ourselves). I can’t find rules about how soon you must book the biometrics appointment and also how soon after applying you must attend a biometrics appointment.

Additionally, if we are able to book super priority, could we still book a later biometrics appointment? Or would we have to book one in the next few days/week if that’s what the availability showed?

Ideally I would like to attend a biometrics appointment a few weeks (or longer) from now but have a fast decision afterwards, if that makes any sense.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »
I’m submitting the online application for ILR today and was wondering if I need to book the biometrics appointment immediately or if we are allowed a delay to scan and upload documents (we want to do this ourselves). I can’t find rules about how soon you must book the biometrics appointment and also how soon after applying you must attend a biometrics appointment.

I believe you have about 2 months or so to attend biometrics after you apply online.

So, you can book biometrics whenever you are ready to... but you may find there is a wait for available appointments, so it’s probably best to book as soon as you can, and you can always take an appointment for a few weeks out if you need a bit more time to upload your documents... which just need to be uploaded at any time before your appointment.

Additionally, if we are able to book super priority, could we still book a later biometrics appointment? Or would we have to book one in the next few days/week if that’s what the availability showed?

Super Priority and biometrics are separate purchases... you purchase Super Priority at the time of submitting the online application, and then you book biometrics on the UKVCAS site after that, for a date that is convenient for you, and then Super Priority does not kick in until your biometrics date... so if you want to wait a few weeks before attending biometrics you can and you will still get a 24-hour decision on your visa after biometrics.

Ideally I would like to attend a biometrics appointment a few weeks (or longer) from now but have a fast decision afterwards, if that makes any sense.

The date you submit the online application has no bearing on the Super Priority processing time as they do not start processing your visa until after your biometrics appointment... so if you purchase Super Priority, you will get a decision within 24 hours of your biometrics appointment, whenever that is.

An example timeline:
July 26th: submit application and purchase Super Priority
July 26th: book biometrics for August 15th
- Upload documents before August 15th -
August 15th: attend biometrics
August 16th: receive visa approval by email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
Re: Time between online application and biometrics?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »
Super Priority and biometrics are separate purchases... you purchase Super Priority at the time of submitting the online application, and then you book biometrics on the UKVCAS site after that, for a date that is convenient for you, and then Super Priority does not kick in until your biometrics date... so if you want to wait a few weeks before attending biometrics you can and you will still get a 24-hour decision on your visa after biometrics.

Ah thank you so much! So is Super Priority *only* about processing time and not about biometric slots? I had read here that there is a difference between free biometric appointments and then ones that you have to pay for, but that sounds like a separate thing. I think that's what had me confused, that we'd book Super Priority and it might only show us appointments that were sooner.

Basically I've been pretty unwell which is why we've gotten so uncharacteristically down to the wire with the application date. Having several more weeks to review documents and improve my health before traveling would really help, so something like your sample timeline would be perfect if we can achieve that.

Thanks again for your assistance.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 02:22:30 PM »
Ah thank you so much! So is Super Priority *only* about processing time and not about biometric slots?

As far as I know, yes. Super Priority is purchased through the UKVI website when you apply, and is currently only being offered to a limited number of applicants per day, due to Covid restrictions.

Biometrics appointments are then booked through the UKVCAS website after you have applied, and you search for available appointments at the UKVCAS centre of your choice.

In fact, Super Priority was completely unavailable to all applicants between March 2020 and March 2021 due to Covid, but all the biometrics appointments have been available since September 2020.

I had read here that there is a difference between free biometric appointments and then ones that you have to pay for, but that sounds like a separate thing. I think that's what had me confused, that we'd book Super Priority and it might only show us appointments that were sooner.

Free biometrics appointments are basically non-existent at the moment... I don’t know anyone who has been able to book a free appointment since before Covid, since none have been showing on the UVKCAS website.

The only appointments that people have been able to get are paid appointments, regardless of whether they are using Super Priority or not.

The paid appointments are usually £112, which are classed as same-day/next-day/out of hours appointments... though there may be a wait of a couple of weeks or more for them. You can also add document checking to the appointment for about £45 and document scanning for about £50.

There are also enhanced appointments at the enhanced centres for about £72 which include document checking and scanning.

So you book the appointment type and date that is convenient for you and then Super Priority will be applied to that appointment.

Basically I've been pretty unwell which is why we've gotten so uncharacteristically down to the wire with the application date. Having several more weeks to review documents and improve my health before traveling would really help, so something like your sample timeline would be perfect if we can achieve that.

Well, all your documents must be ready and in order before you apply online as they all need to be dated BEFORE your online application date (as that is your official application date).. so you still need to make sure you have everything ready to go before you apply and therefore before you book biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab