Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Documentation & Questions  (Read 3179 times)

• Liked: 10
Re: FLR(M) Documentation & Questions
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 07:40:18 PM »
It's been quicker than that lately. Good luck!

It can vary, but generally processing times recently have been much faster than 8 weeks... mostly within about 1-4 weeks of biometrics.

Yesterday someone even posted that they got their FLR(M) approval email just 5 working days after attending biometrics :).

Awesome, thanks both! Our biometrics appointment sadly isn't until 4th November, so still a couple of weeks or so to go until that point. Is it right that we have until 48 hours before the appointment to get everything uploaded?

And in terms of my previous question - we chose the date my wife entered the UK as the visa start date. Was that the right thing to do and, if not, will it matter?
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1st Dec 2018 (Bio 11th Dec 2018)
Spouse Visa Decision Email: 28th Feb 2019
FLR(M) Online App Submitted: 18th Oct 2021 (Bio 4th Nov 2021)
FLR(M) Visa Decision Email: 4th Dec 2021
ILR (Super Priority) Online App Submitted: 23rd Feb 2024 (Bio 12th Mar 2024)
ILR Visa Decision Email: 12th Mar 2024

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 07:47:47 PM »
Is it right that we have until 48 hours before the appointment to get everything uploaded?

Yes, I believe that’s correct.

And in terms of my previous question - we chose the date my wife entered the UK as the visa start date. Was that the right thing to do and, if not, will it matter?

I’m not sure which date is the correct one to use, but I don’t think it will matter that you put the date she entered, as that is the date her UK residency and 5-year count to ILR starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 07:50:40 PM »
Yes, I believe that’s correct.

I’m not sure which date is the correct one to use, but I don’t think it will matter that you put the date she entered, as that is the date her UK residency and 5-year count to ILR starts.

That was my thinking - we had three different dates to choose from, none of which where explicitly "start date". Still, they will be able to see her vignette and BRP so, as you say, hopefully it won't matter. Thanks ksand24  :)

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 10:16:55 AM »
Two of our pieces of correspondence (with a telecoms company) from Feb 2020 and June 2020 are jointly-addressed. However, the telecoms company have since insisted that the account be changed to just my name. The pieces of correspondence provided are genuine and original, but just wanted to check if this would be a problem if the case worker were to check the correspondence with the company in question? Completely happy to write a cover letter explaining this too if necessary!

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2021, 11:35:50 AM »
Two of our pieces of correspondence (with a telecoms company) from Feb 2020 and June 2020 are jointly-addressed. However, the telecoms company have since insisted that the account be changed to just my name. The pieces of correspondence provided are genuine and original, but just wanted to check if this would be a problem if the case worker were to check the correspondence with the company in question? Completely happy to write a cover letter explaining this too if necessary!

Nope, not a problem and no cover letter needed.

All they need to see is that in Feb 2020 and June 2020, you received that piece of mail that had both your names on it. It doesn't matter whose name is on the account NOW, it matters that you were both on the account THEN.

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2021, 11:39:05 AM »
Nope, not a problem and no cover letter needed.

All they need to see is that in Feb 2020 and June 2020, you received that piece of mail that had both your names on it. It doesn't matter whose name is on the account NOW, it matters that you were both on the account THEN.

Perfect, thank you!  :)

As we are using a joint bank account (and most of our utility accounts are in joint names), my wife has signed part 1 of the consent forms, I have signed part 2, and we have both signed part 3 - is that correct?

Really sorry for all the questions, but I do genuinely think this is the last one!

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:33 AM »
As we are using a joint bank account (and most of our utility accounts are in joint names), my wife has signed part 1 of the consent forms, I have signed part 2, and we have both signed part 3 - is that correct?

No, not quite.

The applicant signs Part 1, giving permission for checks to be done on them.

The UK sponsor signs Part 2, giving permission for checks to be done on them.

NO ONE signs Part 3... you leave it blank and do not include it with your documents.

Part 3 does not apply to your application... it is only for people who are providing Third Party financial support for the visa (i.e. friends or family). However, you are not allowed to use Third Party financial support for your visa because only the sponsor and/or applicant's finances can be considered, so there is no third party who can sign it.

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2021, 11:52:57 AM »
No, not quite.

The applicant signs Part 1, giving permission for checks to be done on them.

The UK sponsor signs Part 2, giving permission for checks to be done on them.

NO ONE signs Part 3... you leave it blank and do not include it with your documents.

Part 3 does not apply to your application... it is only for people who are providing Third Party financial support for the visa (i.e. friends or family). However, you are not allowed to use Third Party financial support for your visa because only the sponsor and/or applicant's finances can be considered, so there is no third party who can sign it.

Ah, glad I asked then!

We answered yes to both of the following questions in the application:
"Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"
"I understand that by ticking this check box I am giving consent to verification checks. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support"

Was that the right thing to do?

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2021, 12:01:51 PM »
Ah, glad I asked then!

We answered yes to both of the following questions in the application:
"Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"
"I understand that by ticking this check box I am giving consent to verification checks. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support"

Was that the right thing to do?

No, you tick 'No' to that question.

By 'another person' they mean someone OTHER than the applicant or the sponsor who is providing financial support to meet the requirements... except that third party support is not allowed for your application, so it is not applicable to you.

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »
No, you tick 'No' to that question.

By 'another person' they mean someone OTHER than the applicant or the sponsor who is providing financial support to meet the requirements... except that third party support is not allowed for your application, so it is not applicable to you.

Right, that's concerning - would a cover letter explaining our confusion suffice to correct that, or will the application be automatically rejected?

FLR(M) Documentation & Questions
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2021, 12:20:32 PM »
Right, that's concerning - would a cover letter explaining our confusion suffice to correct that, or will the application be automatically rejected?

Ah, I’d forgotten you had already submitted the application. It won’t be refused for something as minor as that though.

In that case, I would just include the signed Part 3 and leave it at that - they’ll see that it has the same signatures as Parts 1 and 2.

I’m sure you’re not the only people to do it.

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »
Ah, I’d forgotten you had already submitted the application. It won’t be refused for something as minor as that though.

In that case, I would just include the signed Part 3 and leave it at that - they’ll see that it has the same signatures as Parts 1 and 2.

I’m sure you’re not the only people to do it.

Thank you. That's what we had done originally as we interpreted "another person" to be the spouse. Do you think that a cover letter would be useful, or would it be overkill?

• Liked: 2
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
Welcome back :).

No, you do not need to send anything at all anymore, not even your passport or BRP card.

You either:
- upload everything to the UKVCAS website before biometrics
or
- add the document scanning service to your biometrics appointment (or book an appointment that has it included) and they will scan/upload everything for you at the appointment

That's correct - you can apply any time between 13th August and 1st December 2021

You can just upload the PDF document from the Land Registry directly.

There's a guide for how to scan and upload your documents on the UKVCAS website here:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq [nofollow]

Nothing gets sent in anymore? Attending my biometrics appointment tomorrow and I assumed they would take the passports and brp then. Nothing gets physically sent at all? And should the scans on the pasports include every page with something on it for my wife and I ( im the applicant) like our previous travel and my entry vignette?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:03:00 AM by Gaxcir »

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2021, 09:22:38 AM »
Nothing gets sent in anymore? Attending my biometrics appointment tomorrow and I assumed they would take the passports and brp then. Nothing gets physically sent at all? And should the scans on the pasports include every page with something on it for my wife and I ( im the applicant) like our previous travel and my entry vignette?

No, you don't physically send anything in any more - everything is to be scanned (either by yourselves, or at your biometrics if you have paid for the enhanced scanning service). Regarding the passports, we scanned every single page just to be on the safe side.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2021, 09:50:30 AM »
It's a good idea to take in your documents too, just in case they have a problem with the legibility of any of the scans and need to re-do.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab