Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Approved - What now?  (Read 5517 times)

• Liked: 16
Re: FLR(M) Approved - What now?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2023, 07:57:03 AM »

Do we know what the cost of the applications etc?

Unlike other aspects of the visa process, this one is at least clear online:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table/home-office-immigration-and-nationality-fees-13-april-2023#other-applications-made-in-the-uk

FLR(M) will be £1048, plus the £1560 IHS and at least £19.20 for biometrics (the actual appointment may cost on top of that, as do any additions like scanning or document checking)

ILR (the application is SET(M)) is £2404

You can add priority processing to either for an additional £800, if there are slots available

• Liked: 287
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2023, 10:23:44 AM »
Here is the documentation that I have at the moment for both myself and my wife - I need to know which months I need to use and which documentation can/can't be used so I can get this organised;

Spreadsheet Link

Where documentation looks light, I have commented on whether I can use my bank statement to fill the gaps? ???

There are 2 tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

In terms of the mortgage, do I just need to show the welcome letter where it shows when payments will be taken etc? 

@larrabee @ksand24 @mbmoffat @KFdancer
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:21:55 AM by j4v3d »
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2023, 11:07:15 AM »
I'm trying to get my head around this proof of cohabitation - it's always the section that has me stressed the most.

I've compiled a spreadsheet and included a 3rd tab where I am trying to narrow down what I need to include.

Can someone let me know if I need to do anything further here? I've also added a comments column to try and explain so it makes sense for those looking at it.

Spreadsheet link

I may need to include a cover letter just to explain stuff - I remember doing this last time when I submitted the FLR(M) application form and there were no issues or requests for any further documentation.

@larrabee @ksand24 @mbmoffat @KFdancer

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2023, 02:17:14 PM »
Okay, if you are applying in June 2023, you will want 1 document in each name dated every 5 months between November 2020 and May 2023... so you will need to use the following months:

Nov 2020
Apr 2021
Sep 2021
Feb 2022
July 2022
Dec 2022
May 2023

From your spreadsheet, you can use the following documents:

Nov 2020
1. You: ?
1. Your Wife: ?

Apr 2021
2. You: ?
2. Your Wife: ?

Sep 2021
3. Joint: Water Bill (Source 1)

Feb 2022
4. Joint: Water Bill

July 2022
5. You:  Natwest Mortgage letter (Source 2)
5. Your wife: Bank statement (Source 3)

Dec 2022
6. Joint: Water Bill

May 2023
7. Joint: Gas and Electric Bill (Source 4)

So, you have more than enough sources, but you're just missing documents from November 2020 and April 2021.

If you are able to find suitable documents from these months, there will be no need to include a letter of explanation.

If not, you will just need to include a letter explaining why you can't provide documents from those months (and that you are providing documents from different months, if this is the case)

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2023, 06:46:13 PM »
Okay, if you are applying in June 2023, you will want 1 document in each name dated every 5 months between November 2020 and May 2023... so you will need to use the following months:

Nov 2020
Apr 2021
Sep 2021
Feb 2022
July 2022
Dec 2022
May 2023

From your spreadsheet, you can use the following documents:

Nov 2020
1. You: ?
1. Your Wife: ?

Apr 2021
2. You: ?
2. Your Wife: ?

Sep 2021
3. Joint: Water Bill (Source 1)

Feb 2022
4. Joint: Water Bill

July 2022
5. You:  Natwest Mortgage letter (Source 2)
5. Your wife: Bank statement (Source 3)

Dec 2022
6. Joint: Water Bill

May 2023
7. Joint: Gas and Electric Bill (Source 4)

So, you have more than enough sources, but you're just missing documents from November 2020 and April 2021.

If you are able to find suitable documents from these months, there will be no need to include a letter of explanation.

If not, you will just need to include a letter explaining why you can't provide documents from those months (and that you are providing documents from different months, if this is the case)

Thank you as always @ksand24 for assisting. I was unable to find any documentation for November 2020/April 2021 so therefore I have included the months December 2020/July 2021 as I have documentation for this.

December 2020
Wife: Letter from the bank
Me: Statement from a CCTV Installation Company

July 2021
Wife: Bank statement
Me: WPA Healthcare policy letter

Cover Letter
This is what I have put down on the cover letter;

To whom it may concern,
I have been unable to provide proof of cohabitation for the following months due to not having any mail for this time;
  • November 2020
  • April 2021
Therefore I have been able to add documentation for the following months;

• December 2020
  • July 2021
If you require any further documentation, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Questions from the application form
I have compiled some questions that I just want to double-check before I can be 100% satisfied with the given answers. I've put this in a Google Doc to make life easier. DOC LINK

Questions answered so far on the online application
Here are the submitted questions on the online application form, if someone can give this a once over and let me know if that looks fine, that would be massively appreciated. Let me know whether I need to add more to a question or change anything. DOC LINK

Life In The UK Test
The wife has her LITUK test this week, fingers crossed she is able to pass it this time. If not, it'll have to be an FLR(M) extension.

Thank you again to everyone that has commented and assisted - it really is appreciated.
CC @larrabee

Thanks,
j4v3d
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:19:36 PM by j4v3d »

• Liked: 957
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »

Life In The UK Test
The wife has her LITUK test this week, fingers crossed she is able to pass it this time. If not, it'll have to be an FLR(M) extension.

She can retake it up until her visa expires on the 23rd, it's worth trying again if she doesn't pass and getting any financial documents updated to match the timing if needed. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2023, 12:43:53 PM »

She can retake it up until her visa expires on the 23rd, it's worth trying again if she doesn't pass and getting any financial documents updated to match the timing if needed. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Thanks, I hope it doesn't come to that and she passes the test tomorrow. If not, depending on the dates available, I will rebook the test for her.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2023, 01:04:47 PM »

Thanks, I hope it doesn't come to that and she passes the test tomorrow. If not, depending on the dates available, I will rebook the test for her.

Best of luck to your wife Javed.

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2023, 01:09:08 PM »
Best of luck to your wife Javed.

Thank you, when you have moment @larrabee can you check the DOC LINK in my previous post, I need some guidance on some Qs I've raised.

@ksand24 can you please check this too when you are free.

Much appreciated. ❤️

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2023, 01:16:59 PM »
It won't let me in. It would be much easier for us if you could post your questions right here.   :)

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2023, 02:13:29 PM »
It won't let me in. It would be much easier for us if you could post your questions right here.   :)

That's strange @larrabee - Anyone with the link should be able to see it, never mind, thanks for the heads up on this. This should now be resolved, the links should be public and accessible. Here are the questions so far;

Your social, cultural and family ties

Q: Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
How many family members do you need to list here? My wife has a massive family back home, one aunty over here, and two uncles in another town. I don’t think I previously mentioned these 3 people on the application form. Will immediate family do? Do I also list my family members here?

Q: Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Can I answer no to this? Otherwise, if we started listing friends, we could be here all day. 

Q: Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
(Required) - This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries.
I have answered no to this question and then it asks me why not, what can I put down here? If I was to answer yes, what could you put down here?

Time in the UK

Q: How long have you lived in the UK?
XX Years and XX Months - what do I put here? She came to this country in December 2017 (17th I think)

Partner's previous sponsorship

Q: Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
I have answered no to this. That’s correct, isn't it? I’ve never been sponsored as a partner of a settled person.

Your marriage or civil partnership

Q: Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category?
I have answered yes to this. When it mentions “in this category” do they mean ILR? Or does that cover FLR too?

Q: What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership?
I’ve put “Islamic Wedding Ceremony” - will that do?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:22:28 PM by j4v3d »

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2023, 07:21:12 PM »
That's strange @larrabee - Anyone with the link should be able to see it, never mind, thanks for the heads up on this. This should now be resolved, the links should be public and accessible. Here are the questions so far;

Your social, cultural and family ties

Q: Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
How many family members do you need to list here? My wife has a massive family back home, one aunty over here, and two uncles in another town. I don’t think I previously mentioned these 3 people on the application form. Will immediate family do? Do I also list my family members here?

I would start with immediate family and work out. So name and town for parents, siblings, aunts and uncles perhaps then you might just want to say xx number of cousins, too numerous to mention, or something to that effect.
[/color]
Q: Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Can I answer no to this? Otherwise, if we started listing friends, we could be here all day. 

Again I would give name and town for close friends then xx number additionally. You shouldn't say no if the answer is not no.
[/color]
Q: Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
(Required) - This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries.
I have answered no to this question and then it asks me why not, what can I put down here? If I was to answer yes, what could you put down here?

Usually people would include church or religious groups here.

Time in the UK

Q: How long have you lived in the UK?
XX Years and XX Months - what do I put here? She came to this country in December 2017 (17th I think)

I'd put years and whole months, so 5 years 5 months. (Is that right? Did it quickly)

Partner's previous sponsorship

Q: Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?
I have answered no to this. That’s correct, isn't it? I’ve never been sponsored as a partner of a settled person.

Yes

Your marriage or civil partnership

Q: Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category?
I have answered yes to this. When it mentions “in this category” do they mean ILR? Or does that cover FLR too?

Yes. They mean the 5 year family route so FLR and ILR

Q: What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership?
I’ve put “Islamic Wedding Ceremony” - will that do?

Was it the type of ceremony which is legally recognised by the UK?

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2023, 07:56:54 PM »
Was it the type of ceremony which is legally recognised by the UK?

Thank you @larrabee

I think it would be 5 years & 6 months next month she has been in this country (she came in Dec 2017)

As for the wedding ceremony - it was a Nikah which isn't legally recognised in the UK. I have the nikah document which has been translated into English. Is there something additional I need to do here?

We've not had a ceremony in the UK. I know some people go and get their marriage registered under an English ceremony. We've not done that, will this have a negative impact on the application?

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2023, 08:34:09 PM »

Thank you @larrabee

I think it would be 5 years & 6 months next month she has been in this country (she came in Dec 2017)

As for the wedding ceremony - it was a Nikah which isn't legally recognised in the UK. I have the nikah document which has been translated into English. Is there something additional I need to do here?

We've not had a ceremony in the UK. I know some people go and get their marriage registered under an English ceremony. We've not done that, will this have a negative impact on the application?

I think it's coming back to me and someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, as long as the marriage is legal in the country where it occurred, then it's recognised for visa purposes here.
You wouldn't have got this far in any case if it was a problem so yes, Islamic wedding ceremony is fine for that question. Just include what you did for the previous visas.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:36:38 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »
I think it's coming back to me and someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, as long as the marriage is legal in the country where it occurred, then it's recognised for visa purposes here.
You wouldn't have got this far in any case if it was a problem so yes, the Islamic wedding ceremony is fine for that question. Just include what you did for the previous visas.

Phew. I'll include the Urdu and English versions of the marriage certificate. That should be fine as I've done that previously. Thank you for all that, I can go away now and get those questions revised and added to. Then that'll be first part of the application complete and on to the finance section.

Sponsored Links