Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Approved - What now?  (Read 5644 times)

• Liked: 287
Re: FLR(M) Approved - What now?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »
My wife wasn't able to pass her LITUK test, we went twice, so it's going down the FLR(M) route this time around. She'll just have to study even more and then hopefully can pass it soon.

I'm hoping to get the application done & dusted over this weekend as her BRP expires on 23/06/2022 - gutted that it's not the ILR application, but hey-ho it is what it is.

Time to knuckle down and get this submitted so it's a load off my head.

Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2023, 03:21:57 PM »
I'm taking a look at the FLR(M) guidance notes here and it mentions the following;

9. Photographs For your application to be valid, it is mandatory to provide the following photographs:

• Two identical passport-size photographs of yourself with your full name written on the back of each one.
  • One passport-size photograph of your partner with his or her full name written on the back of it.
  • Two identical passport-size photographs of any children under 18 applying with you with their full name written on the back of each one.
The photographs you provide must also comply with the mandatory format requirements specified in the separate UK Visas and Immigration photograph guidance.

The application will be invalid if they do not. Please ensure that you place the photographs in a small sealed envelope and attach it to section 1 of the form as instructed there - and without any staples, clips, pins or anything else which could mark or damage the photographs.

The photographs will be checked against the images taken when your biometric features and those of any children applying with you are enrolled.

So do I need to do this? I can't remember If I had to do this on the last FLR(M) extension application.

@larrabee @ksand24

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2023, 03:43:32 PM »
I'm taking a look at the FLR(M) guidance notes here and it mentions the following;

9. Photographs For your application to be valid, it is mandatory to provide the following photographs:

• Two identical passport-size photographs of yourself with your full name written on the back of each one.
  • One passport-size photograph of your partner with his or her full name written on the back of it.
  • Two identical passport-size photographs of any children under 18 applying with you with their full name written on the back of each one.
The photographs you provide must also comply with the mandatory format requirements specified in the separate UK Visas and Immigration photograph guidance.

The application will be invalid if they do not. Please ensure that you place the photographs in a small sealed envelope and attach it to section 1 of the form as instructed there - and without any staples, clips, pins or anything else which could mark or damage the photographs.

The photographs will be checked against the images taken when your biometric features and those of any children applying with you are enrolled.

So do I need to do this? I can't remember If I had to do this on the last FLR(M) extension application.

@larrabee @ksand24

I don't think so. That guidance is very old (2014) and for the old paper form, so well out of date.  :)

I'm sorry about the test. Was it a narrow miss or is there a long way to go?

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2023, 03:47:29 PM »
I don't think so. That guidance is very old (2014) and for the old paper form, so well out of date.  :)

I'm sorry about the test. Was it a narrow miss or is there a long way to go?

On one of the tests she got 9 incorrect, so if she had answered 3 questions correctly, she would have passed. The latest test she took, that was a disaster. She isn't far off, I reckon a couple of months' revision and she'll be there.

If you have already paid the IHS fee the first time around when extending the visa, do you have to pay it again?

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2023, 07:14:46 PM »
@larrabee @ksand24

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

I've answered yes and added the following;

My children are settled here and the eldest child is currently in school, the second eldest will soon be starting nursery/pre-school - we also have family here which my kids and myself are settled with. Moving abroad will make life difficult for the kids as it would affect their education/development. We are all settled within the community too.  My husband has a settled job and for him to start a private life outside the UK would be difficult.

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK - is this like a letter from the GP/School?

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »
@larrabee @ksand24

Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for me to establish a private life outside the UK

For this, what would you provide? I can't remember if I supplied anything specific for this on the last application.

A letter dated in the last 3 months confirming each child's address (i.e. from GP or school)

The only recent letter I can find confirming the address for the children are from Feb 2023 - I've not seen it in the application form where it mentions that this is a requirement.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 08:14:00 PM by j4v3d »

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2023, 08:23:15 PM »
I've now completed the FLR(M) application due to my wife not passing the LITUK test in time, paid for it and also paid the IHS fee.

All the documentation is uploaded to Sopra Steria (not yet submitted) - I am looking for appointments and the price ranges from £139 and £224 - how can I make sure that I can book a FREE appointment?

Do I need to just log in around midnight and check for free appointments that are available?

On the Sopra Steria dashboard, it says "Book your appointment up to 28 days in advance." - the BRP expires tomorrow (23/06/2023) - how soon does the appointment need to be booked?

@ksand24 @larrabee 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:34:48 PM by j4v3d »

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2023, 09:03:57 PM »
I've now completed the FLR(M) application due to my wife not passing the LITUK test in time, paid for it and also paid the IHS fee.

All the documentation is uploaded to Sopra Steria (not yet submitted) - I am looking for appointments and the price ranges from £139 and £224 - how can I make sure that I can book a FREE appointment?

Do I need to just log in around midnight and check for free appointments that are available?

On the Sopra Steria dashboard, it says "Book your appointment up to 28 days in advance." - the BRP expires tomorrow (23/06/2023) - how soon does the appointment need to be booked?

@ksand24 @larrabee

It was all different when we applied so I'm really not sure about the process now.
I do know that the free appointments are few and far between. Have you looked at venues further away too?
As the BRP expires tomorrow, you must have applied by today;  submitted and paid for the application.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »
It was all different when we applied so I'm really not sure about the process now.
I do know that the free appointments are few and far between. Have you looked at venues further away too?
As the BRP expires tomorrow, you must have applied by today;  submitted and paid for the application.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Liverpool has free appointments available and they're 30 miles away.

I've paid for the application & submitted it. The IHS has been paid for. All that has been done today.

All that's left is to get the appointment booked, I've uploaded the documentation to Sopra Steria. @larrabee

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »
Free appointments are released at 9 am, chargeable appointments are released at midnight.

From the UKVCAS FAQ:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2023, 10:12:28 AM »
Free appointments are released at 9 am, chargeable appointments are released at midnight.

From the UKVCAS FAQ:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant, I've just had a look now and no free appointments for Manchester. I'll keep looking over the weekend and Monday before deciding on booking one for £85.00

Thank you.

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2023, 04:31:07 PM »
My wife has her UKVCAS appointment tomorrow - in the appointment confirmation email it states the following;

You must bring the following to your UKVCAS appointment:

• All your supporting documents. You do not need to bring these if you have already uploaded copies online. (‘Offline Applicants’ see information below).
I've already uploaded all the documents required as part of the FLR(M) application, which has been submitted before the appointment date. So what exactly do I need to take with me? I've printed off everything I can to make sure I leave nothing to chance as this is the first time I am attending one of these appointments with my wife, the last extension was done online due to COVID.

We need to take our passports and BRP card for identification purposes, that I know.  ;D

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I'm slightly nervous as I don't know what to expect.

@larrabee @ksand24 @KFdancer

Thanks,
Javed

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2023, 04:46:03 PM »
My wife has her UKVCAS appointment tomorrow - in the appointment confirmation email it states the following;

You must bring the following to your UKVCAS appointment:

• All your supporting documents. You do not need to bring these if you have already uploaded copies online. (‘Offline Applicants’ see information below).
I've already uploaded all the documents required as part of the FLR(M) application, which has been submitted before the appointment date. So what exactly do I need to take with me? I've printed off everything I can to make sure I leave nothing to chance as this is the first time I am attending one of these appointments with my wife, the last extension was done online due to COVID.

We need to take our passports and BRP card for identification purposes, that I know.  ;D

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I'm slightly nervous as I don't know what to expect.

@larrabee @ksand24 @KFdancer

Thanks,
Javed

We recommend bring all your documents with you even though you've uploaded yourself, just in case there has been any technical problem and they need to re-do any of them.
Good luck!

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2023, 05:47:32 PM »
We recommend bring all your documents with you even though you've uploaded yourself, just in case there has been any technical problem and they need to re-do any of them.
Good luck!

Thank you. I've noticed that I don't have a barcode for myself, my wife does, will they let me in? I'm sure they will, I didn't know how to add myself to the appointment, but I am guessing it'll be okay.

Does anyone know how long the appointment will take?

• Liked: 958
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2023, 10:01:36 PM »
Thank you. I've noticed that I don't have a barcode for myself, my wife does, will they let me in? I'm sure they will, I didn't know how to add myself to the appointment, but I am guessing it'll be okay.

Does anyone know how long the appointment will take?
It probably varies by location. Mine was at a library so while they told people not to bring anyone with them, there was plenty of space for my partner and they were nearly exactly on time. The appointment is pretty short if you don't need them uploading anything. They accommodated my wheelchair by moving a screen behind me for the photo so I think it may have been a bit slower than if I'd used their kiosk. 

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab