Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Covid Vaccine  (Read 11771 times)

• Liked: 8
Covid Vaccine
« on: August 11, 2021, 08:35:55 AM »
Morning All

Has anyone had a Covid Vaccine in USA?

My  Wife had her first one in UK, but was then in USA for around 4 months so she grabbed her second dose in America (Pfizer)  to ensure she was double jabbed.

Her certificate from America was recorded when she came back at our local GP, which now shows she is fully vaccinated on her medical records.  Unfortunatly this does not transfer to the NHS Digital App, as it was not carried out in England, so this means she can not get an electonic pass for travel in Europe now.  Also if we ask for a paper copy from the vaccine helpline they say it will also only show the UK jab as American one is not recognised !!!!

IT kind of leaves her in a predicament now for travel!, 

Anyone else got similar issue?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
Re: Covid Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
My SIL is spending her days trying to sort out and validate the vaccine data for the NHS Scotland letters.  Lots of manual data entry, leading to errors.  And they're dealing with all the 'sob' stories of people like your wife who are struggling to get theirs recognised.  It's a total utter nightmare from what it sounds like. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 716
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
Morning All

Has anyone had a Covid Vaccine in USA?

My  Wife had her first one in UK, but was then in USA for around 4 months so she grabbed her second dose in America (Pfizer)  to ensure she was double jabbed.

Her certificate from America was recorded when she came back at our local GP, which now shows she is fully vaccinated on her medical records.  Unfortunatly this does not transfer to the NHS Digital App, as it was not carried out in England, so this means she can not get an electonic pass for travel in Europe now.  Also if we ask for a paper copy from the vaccine helpline they say it will also only show the UK jab as American one is not recognised !!!!

IT kind of leaves her in a predicament now for travel!, 

Anyone else got similar issue?

I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.  My wife and I are in a vaccine trial here in England which means that we have had 2 vaccine jabs but don't know if the 2nd jab was Moderna, Novavax or AstraZeneca.  We were assured that the NHS App Covid pass software would be updated to be able to record that 2nd vaccine by the end of July but it has not happened. It shows that an exemption would be for trial participants who should get more details from clinical trial.

Consequently we have an official letter stating that we have received 2 vaccines as part of the trial and that should be used instead of the NHS app. Our NHS app shows in our records that on April 20 we did receive a Covid vaccination, but not which one or the batch number. 

If you have paper documentation of your US vaccine I think that will have to do until the app software is updated to deal with vaccines, including batch numbers, given in a foreign country.  For us the NHS app certificate shows only the vaccine name, batch number and date of our first dose.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
It's definitely a waiting game at this point.  It'll happen, just no one  knows when.  At least we have the vaccines, just hard to prove.   ;D

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
My wife’s sister lives in Scotland and she was told that the NHS app for Scotland does not recognize any vaccines given outside of Scotland including other UK countries. It is the same with the NHS Scotland track and Trace app,  it does not work outside of Scotland. She went on holiday with us in June for 2 weeks in Cornwall. First restaurant we went to she couldn’t use her app to scan the NHS QR code and had to fill in a paper form to log into the restaurant. While eating our meal,she downloaded the English NHS test and Trace app as she didn’t want to spend next 2 weeks manually signing into every place we visited or ate at.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

If you are a permanent resident of Scotland but have received one or two doses of the vaccine in another country (including elsewhere in the UK) you should get proof of your vaccination from the country you were vaccinated in.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 08:45:09 AM »
shes tempted to go and get a "booster" which there starting here in September just so she will have two entries in her electronic passport, weve just checked and it allows her to book a slot.....   however it may be a drastic way of trying to do it...

Issue is with us wanting to travel to Europe and not trusting people to believe her american "paper" is official or acceptable...

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 08:52:22 AM »
shes tempted to go and get a "booster" which there starting here in September just so she will have two entries in her electronic passport, weve just checked and it allows her to book a slot.....   however it may be a drastic way of trying to do it...

Issue is with us wanting to travel to Europe and not trusting people to believe her american "paper" is official or acceptable...

We won’t hesitate to get a booster when we are eligible (over 65 so phase 2 of the rollout). The trial management has already told everyone that getting a booster is okay and to get one if offered

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 09:12:02 AM »
I have no issues on taking a booster and I will get one as recommended, however I personally think that the world needs to get access to first vaccines before the rich countries take up more of the stock!!!!   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 08:11:08 AM »
I have no issues on taking a booster and I will get one as recommended, however I personally think that the world needs to get access to first vaccines before the rich countries take up more of the stock!!!!   
  I just got back from France and all the kids over 14 were getting vaccinated.  No talk of the ethical concerns.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 08:34:27 AM »
So my wife got a "booster" which now means she has a full covid vaccine passport !   hopefully government will start recognising all those poeople who have jabbed outside of UK ie in Europe / USA etc soon on the App...

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 08:40:17 AM »
So my wife got a "booster" which now means she has a full covid vaccine passport !   hopefully government will start recognising all those poeople who have jabbed outside of UK ie in Europe / USA etc soon on the App...

Cool, do let us know if that works. Our NHS app doesn’t show a vaccine certificate because we are in a mixed vaccine trial and don’t know which of 3 vaccines we had as our 2nd shot.

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 08:50:32 AM »
Morning,  yes it worked its now showing in the app she has had 2 Jabs in the UK

Her 1st Uk was Oxford
2nd in America Pfizer - which doesnt show on the App but is in her records
3rd this last weekend in UK was Oxford.

When we went at weekend we did play a little cool and only showed her UK card showing she had 1 vaccine shot (they were offering boosters for people in the queue though).   WE didnt mention she had one in America as not sure if it would have caused them to reject her.    MY wife did ask if her shot could be Pfizer as they were distributing both, but she was told it was not safe to mix!    so we just kept quiet!...

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 09:51:42 AM »
Brilliant

• Liked: 342
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 10:45:45 AM »
Cool, do let us know if that works. Our NHS app doesn’t show a vaccine certificate because we are in a mixed vaccine trial and don’t know which of 3 vaccines we had as our 2nd shot.

It seems one of the requirements to be considered "fully vaccinated" with a two dose vaccine (to avoid 10 days quarantine from amber list countries) is that the second has to be the same vaccine as your first.

What counts as fully vaccinated

For example, if your first does was Moderna your second dose must also be Moderna.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#rules-if-youre-fully-vaccinated

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 04:15:28 PM »
Morning,  yes it worked its now showing in the app she has had 2 Jabs in the UK

Her 1st Uk was Oxford
2nd in America Pfizer - which doesnt show on the App but is in her records
3rd this last weekend in UK was Oxford.

When we went at weekend we did play a little cool and only showed her UK card showing she had 1 vaccine shot (they were offering boosters for people in the queue though).   WE didnt mention she had one in America as not sure if it would have caused them to reject her.    MY wife did ask if her shot could be Pfizer as they were distributing both, but she was told it was not safe to mix!    so we just kept quiet!...

Oh wow, not going to lie, I would not have done that.  I just wouldn't have had a third, non-medically advised vaccination without medical professionals being involved just for paperwork purposes. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab