Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Covid Vaccine  (Read 12081 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
Re: Covid Vaccine
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 04:17:01 PM »
Oh wow, not going to lie, I would not have done that.  I just wouldn't have had a third, non-medically advised vaccination without medical professionals being involved just for paperwork purposes.

Same!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 722
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
It seems one of the requirements to be considered "fully vaccinated" with a two dose vaccine (to avoid 10 days quarantine from amber list countries) is that the second has to be the same vaccine as your first.

What counts as fully vaccinated

For example, if your first does was Moderna your second dose must also be Moderna.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#rules-if-youre-fully-vaccinated

Correct. Current regime is 2 doses of the same vaccine but a booster may well be a different one. That is the purpose of the trial my wife and I are in.  Results won't be published until next year and then they expect to be able to say that mixing of Pfizer or AZ with Moderna or Novavax is safe and effective.  Although other countries are mixing vaccines the UK won't be doing so until they have studies to prove they work well together.  The trial before the one we are in concluded that mixing AZ and Pfizer worked well so a booster dose could be either of them. (ie AZ-AZ-PF or PF-PF-AZ)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57636356

The Com-Cov trial looked at the efficacy of either two doses of Pfizer, two of AstraZeneca, or one of them followed by the other.

All combinations worked well, priming the immune system.

This knowledge could offer flexibility for vaccine rollout, say experts.

The trial results also hint that people who have already received two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine could have a stronger immune response if they were given a different jab as a booster if recommended in the autumn.

The UK's deputy chief medical officer, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, said there was no reason to change the current successful same dose vaccine schedules in the UK, however, given vaccines were in good supply and saving lives.

But he says it might be something to look at in the future: "Mixing doses could provide us with even greater flexibility for a booster programme, while also supporting countries who have further to go with their vaccine rollouts, and who may be experiencing supply difficulties."
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 08:27:39 PM »
So my wife got a "booster" which now means she has a full covid vaccine passport !   hopefully government will start recognising all those poeople who have jabbed outside of UK ie in Europe / USA etc soon on the App...

Just checked my NHS app and now have a full domestic Covid passport- Yay! 

For international travel we would still need to carry our certification letter to show we have had 2 doses of a vaccine.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
Just checked my NHS app and now have a full domestic Covid passport- Yay! 

For international travel we would still need to carry our certification letter to show we have had 2 doses of a vaccine.

Great news, I hated that you didn't have it after volunteering to help!  How is your son doing?  Was he "lucky" with no long term effects?

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 02:10:06 PM »
Great news, I hated that you didn't have it after volunteering to help!  How is your son doing?  Was he "lucky" with no long term effects?

Thanks for asking.  Our son is doing incredibly well.  Not only does he not have any long term after effects but he is really pushing on with a load of big  projects on his house that have needed doing since he moved in 4 years ago. Replaced a picture window where the seal had failed and it was fogging up, bought a new flame effect gas fire to replace the ancient one that lacked basic safety features, and he is now having the old boiler and ancient piping and radiators replaced.  This project means having the asbestos contaminated artex removed from all the walls in the downstairs room and staircase which was completed this week. He is now having an electrician do a bunch of work now that the artex is off.  The plumbing is scheduled for 4 weeks time which will include new radiators and sinking the new pipes into the walls after which he will have a plasterer to re-do all the walls and a decorator to complete the job.

His new job that he started in February is also going really well and he loves the job and the guys he works with.  We pinch ourselves most days to check that we are not dreaming.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 03:12:53 PM »
Thanks for asking.  Our son is doing incredibly well.  Not only does he not have any long term after effects but he is really pushing on with a load of big  projects on his house that have needed doing since he moved in 4 years ago. Replaced a picture window where the seal had failed and it was fogging up, bought a new flame effect gas fire to replace the ancient one that lacked basic safety features, and he is now having the old boiler and ancient piping and radiators replaced.  This project means having the asbestos contaminated artex removed from all the walls in the downstairs room and staircase which was completed this week. He is now having an electrician do a bunch of work now that the artex is off.  The plumbing is scheduled for 4 weeks time which will include new radiators and sinking the new pipes into the walls after which he will have a plasterer to re-do all the walls and a decorator to complete the job.

His new job that he started in February is also going really well and he loves the job and the guys he works with.  We pinch ourselves most days to check that we are not dreaming.

Wow! That is a LOT of work. Good for him!

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 01:38:25 PM »
We each got word yesterday that the mixed vaccine trial we are in is going to be unblinded for all participants next week so we will soon know what our 2nd dose was.  The letter said they were ending the trial a few months early to allow everyone to have a booster when offered it.  They asked us one last favour, to book a blood test with them before we have our booster so that our data will be included in the trial data analysis which will now be over 7 months instead of the original 10 months target for the study.  We are happy to do so and have booked our final blood test for November 9th.  We could not have a booster before end of October anyway so no big deal (boosters are offered at least 6 months after 2nd jab).

We are excited to hear which vaccine we had. If it was Moderna or Novavax then a Pfizer booster would mean us having 3 different vaccines this year as our first jab was AstraZeneca. One thing that is already clear from this trial is that there are no bad side effects in mixing AstraZeneca, Novavax, Moderna and Pfizer. The other main aim of the trial is to discover if the levels of immunity last longer over time, and I don't know if 7 months is going to be long enough for the results to be statistically significant

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 02:08:36 PM »
We each got word yesterday that the mixed vaccine trial we are in is going to be unblinded for all participants next week so we will soon know what our 2nd dose was.  The letter said they were ending the trial a few months early to allow everyone to have a booster when offered it.  They asked us one last favour, to book a blood test with them before we have our booster so that our data will be included in the trial data analysis which will now be over 7 months instead of the original 10 months target for the study.  We are happy to do so and have booked our final blood test for November 9th.  We could not have a booster before end of October anyway so no big deal (boosters are offered at least 6 months after 2nd jab).

We are excited to hear which vaccine we had. If it was Moderna or Novavax then a Pfizer booster would mean us having 3 different vaccines this year as our first jab was AstraZeneca. One thing that is already clear from this trial is that there are no bad side effects in mixing AstraZeneca, Novavax, Moderna and Pfizer. The other main aim of the trial is to discover if the levels of immunity last longer over time, and I don't know if 7 months is going to be long enough for the results to be statistically significant

Excellent!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 02:38:32 PM »
That's pretty awesome. Thanks for doing your bit for science!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 08:28:53 PM »
Love the update Durhamlad.  I can’t wait to find out what your mix is!

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2021, 03:25:45 PM »
We each received an email today informing us of what we had for our 2nd dose.  We both received Novavax and are eligible to receive a booster. We have been asked to talk to the trial team and have booked a call for Monday afternoon  (18th October) since we will need to sign to give consent for a booster after receiving an as yet unapproved vaccine (Novavax) and also to book a slot in a vaccine centre so the booster is administered under a doctor's supervision.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
Supercool!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2021, 06:59:58 PM »
We each received an email today informing us of what we had for our 2nd dose.  We both received Novavax and are eligible to receive a booster. We have been asked to talk to the trial team and have booked a call for Monday afternoon  (18th October) since we will need to sign to give consent for a booster after receiving an as yet unapproved vaccine (Novavax) and also to book a slot in a vaccine centre so the booster is administered under a doctor's supervision.

Nice, you'll be in the 3-vaccine club!  Let us know how you get on!

My 1st and 2nd were AZ, and my booster will be either Pfizer or Moderna (but most likely Pfizer).

I got my flu jab this week, and while my colleagues got double jabbed at the same time (flu and booster), I chickened out and decided to space mine apart.  Due to the timing, my colleagues are Pfizer/Pfizer/Pfizer, and are jealous that I'll be AZ/AZ/Pfizer.  I'm jealous that you got even better!  ;)

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2021, 07:12:28 PM »

I'm glad that they are still taking good care of you!

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 11:48:40 AM »
Supercool durhamlad and Aquila!

Sponsored Links