Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travel to Massachusetts end of Sept  (Read 1388 times)

• Liked: 14
Travel to Massachusetts end of Sept
« on: August 19, 2021, 09:40:18 PM »
I know there are many posts regarding travel..
Just want to make sure I've got things clear.. I'm traveling from Edinburgh via Dublin to Massachusetts.. If I am correct I need a antigen or pcr fit to fly test within 3 days prior to travel.. Coming back I need one within 3 days prior to leaving Massachusetts to come back via Dublin to Edinburgh and then a day 2 test after arrival in Edinburgh.. Already have a copy of my double vacc record.
I do realise things can change prior.. but do I have the current guidelines right?

• Liked: 107
Re: Travel to Massachusetts end of Sept
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »
I can only answer for US requirements and UK requirements.

Yes, you can have a rapid antigen test to satisfy US entry requirements. As you say, three days before. Class the three days from your flight from Dublin to be safe which I'm sure will be on the same day anyway. You need an attestation form to claim your test results are true. You can fill this in at the airport if you have no access to a printer so it's not a problem.

Yes. The UK is basically the same requirements as the US but you need to book your Day 2 test before travelling back as the order reference needs inputting into your Passenger Locator Form. Some companies let you take tests with you which are more convenient as you can take them at your place of stay.

When it comes to travelling through Dublin I have absolutely no idea. I have no clue about Irish transit requirements regarding tests, passenger locator forms etc.

This is all with the presumption it's for USC travel. Obviously, I'm sure you know there is more involved if you're a UKC.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »
I just realized I'm on a connecting flight through Amsterdam on my flight from LDN to MSP. I was wondering if anyone knows about requirements on connecting through an EU country?
First Met-March 22 2013
Started dating-March 25 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014
Application submitted-January 30 2015
Biometrics-February 5 2015
Documents sent-February 9 2015
Documents recieved at Sheffield- February 11 2015
Visa decision email-February 24 2015
Visa received-February 26 2015
Flights booked-March 4 2015

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 02:46:56 AM »
As well as taking a test 3 days before flying, looking st the latest advice there is no certainty that they recogise our vaccine status ad request a test in USA and self isolation?   unless I misundrstand. >

From UK Government >
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

Quarantine requirements
For international arrivals, the CDC requires that unvaccinated passengers are tested within 3 to 5 days after travel and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel. Passengers fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO-approved vaccine do not have to quarantine but need to take a viral test within 3 to 5 days of arrival. If you are travelling domestically within the US, individual states and territories may have their own quarantine requirements. A full list of local quarantine requirements is available on the CDC website. You should check the list frequently as it is likely to change, sometimes daily, as rates of COVID-19 transmission increase or decrease.

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status
The USA has not yet confirmed that it will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record. You should follow the entry rules for unvaccinated people. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
The USA is fine because they don't give sh*t if we are or aren't vaccinated.  Just have to have the test and that's done. 

Ireland requires PCR. 

Not sure about The Netherlands, so you'll want to look at their government travel website to ensure you the right tests in advance.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 09:30:35 AM »
The USA is fine because they don't give sh*t if we are or aren't vaccinated.  Just have to have the test and that's done. 

I handnt noticed :-)    im just booking my flight to SFO this morning for Thanksgiving, hoping nothing changes (for the worse) but one last bit of confusion from me, my wife and myself are both double jabbed, do you read it thats its best to still do a test 3 days prior to travel? or risk them accepting the UK Vaccine pass....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 11:56:32 AM »
I handnt noticed :-)    im just booking my flight to SFO this morning for Thanksgiving, hoping nothing changes (for the worse) but one last bit of confusion from me, my wife and myself are both double jabbed, do you read it thats its best to still do a test 3 days prior to travel? or risk them accepting the UK Vaccine pass....

Unless something has changed, everyone has to test before travelling.  It’s just they don’t require quarantine regardless of vaccination status.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »
Thanks  just booked my flight to SFO for Thanksgiving, whilst the prices were at near rock bottom...  Ill sort Tests out later, as only jsut purchased a box full for this weekends flight to Barcelona!  [smiley=end.gif]

Sponsored Links