Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Confusing emails from Sheffield Decision Making Centre  (Read 785 times)

• Liked: 0
Confusing emails from Sheffield Decision Making Centre
« on: September 03, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »
Good afternoon,

I applied for my spousal visa from the US 4 weeks ago, and have had some confusing emails from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre. We believe we qualify via financial Category B and stated that clearly on the application, as my husband (UK citizen) has been working in his current job for less than 6 months (currently earning over the threshold and earned over the threshold in the last 12 months). The emails from Sheffield were as follows:

1) Received 10 days ago - requesting 6 months of payslips and bank statements covering the same period. We replied saying we were applying under Category B, explained the situation again and resent current contract/letter with my husbands current salary, and payslips/bank statements for income for past 12 months (both above the threshold).

2) Received today - an email stating they understood that we are applying under Category B, and requesting payslips between April and June 2020. We thought this was strange as they are from greater than 12 months prior to application date, but we sent the requested documents anyway.

3) Very soon after sending the above today - another email came in saying my sponsor is listed as a Director under a Limited company and therefore couldn't be processed under category A. Then went on to outline the requirements under Category F! I replied saying that my husband is not a Director under a Ltd company, and that we were applying under Category B.

Any thoughts from anyone, and is there any way of getting hold of someone at Sheffield to talk to about this.

Thank you!

Elise

• Liked: 6111
Re: Confusing emails from Sheffield Decision Making Centre
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 05:34:47 PM »
Good afternoon,

I applied for my spousal visa from the US 4 weeks ago, and have had some confusing emails from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre. We believe we qualify via financial Category B and stated that clearly on the application, as my husband (UK citizen) has been working in his current job for less than 6 months (currently earning over the threshold and earned over the threshold in the last 12 months). The emails from Sheffield were as follows:

1) Received 10 days ago - requesting 6 months of payslips and bank statements covering the same period. We replied saying we were applying under Category B, explained the situation again and resent current contract/letter with my husbands current salary, and payslips/bank statements for income for past 12 months (both above the threshold).

2) Received today - an email stating they understood that we are applying under Category B, and requesting payslips between April and June 2020. We thought this was strange as they are from greater than 12 months prior to application date, but we sent the requested documents anyway.

3) Very soon after sending the above today - another email came in saying my sponsor is listed as a Director under a Limited company and therefore couldn't be processed under category A. Then went on to outline the requirements under Category F! I replied saying that my husband is not a Director under a Ltd company, and that we were applying under Category B.

Any thoughts from anyone, and is there any way of getting hold of someone at Sheffield to talk to about this.

Thank you!

Elise

Does any of this apply to his situation, was he employed by his families business?

.Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK – requirements
A limited company is owned by its shareholders. Where such a shareholder is also a director or other employee of the company, they may be paid a salary and receive dividends, which can generally be counted, as appropriate, as employment or nonemployment income under Category A, Category B or Category C. However, if the company is of the type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE, the person’s income must instead be considered under Category F or Category G. This is because in a company in sole or limited family ownership there is scope for doubt as to the effective control of the company, as the person is either a director or employee (or both) and a shareholder or the other shareholders are family members of that person. In that case, instead of the employment evidence in Category A or Category B or the dividend evidence in Category C, we need the evidence about the operation of the company required under Category F or Category G.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/996814/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v7.0-ext.pdf

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »
Hi larrabee,

Thanks for your quick reply. My husband is an employee of a Ltd company, but he is one of +150 employees earning a regular salary. Certainly not a family business, not a Director and he does not own shares in the business.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi larrabee,

Thanks for your quick reply. My husband is an employee of a Ltd company, but he is one of +150 employees earning a regular salary. Certainly not a family business, not a Director and he does not own shares in the business.

The only other thing I can think of is that they might have mixed your documents with those of another couple?  I'd email them, asking if that's what has happened. Word it very clearly and unambiguously.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 10:06:36 AM »
Thank you larrabee, we've sent them an email, and hope they will come back quickly. Appreciate all your help!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 06:45:51 PM »
Good evening,

I just wanted to say that my spousal settlement visa was approved and I have returned to be with my husband in Chester! I received the visa on the 13th September, exactly 6 weeks after submitting my biometrics in Dallas. It appears as though any confusion was cleared up, although we didn't ever receive an explanation.

Thank you once again for the help and advice that this forum has provided. We are blessed!

Elise

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 07:14:36 PM »
Good evening,

I just wanted to say that my spousal settlement visa was approved and I have returned to be with my husband in Chester! I received the visa on the 13th September, exactly 6 weeks after submitting my biometrics in Dallas. It appears as though any confusion was cleared up, although we didn't ever receive an explanation.

Thank you once again for the help and advice that this forum has provided. We are blessed!

Elise

Congratulations!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif]  Let's hope the rest of the visa applications are uneventful!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab