Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best structure for working with a US company without a UK entity?  (Read 796 times)

• Liked: 1
Best structure for working with a US company without a UK entity?
« on: September 04, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »
Hello! I have a question about setting up a UK 1-person business in order to work for a US company as an expat.

The company does not have a UK entity but I am a UK resident (and US citizen expat). I would work under a consultant services agreement and be paid gross/pre-tax to any account I choose - whether in the US or UK.

I seek advice on the best way to set this up:
1) What is the best set up here? Should I make a UK Limited Company? (I assume this is better than a sole trader. The job is knowledge based so not focused on buying/selling goods, but I am considering renting a second bedroom in my flat to use as my office as the role is fully remote. I also want to contribute to a UK pension.

2) Can I be paid into a US bank account or do I need to be paid in a UK account in GBP?
Does that need to be a business account (in whichever country)?

3) How do I manage taxes for the UK as a resident and the US as an expat citizen? Pensions?

4) Are there any recommended ways to go about all of this? (E.g., I've heard of small business products such as Tide.)

Many thanks for any advice! I need to set this up ASAP for a start date in a weeks' time.

• Liked: 0
Re: Best structure for working with a US company without a UK entity?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
Hi - I'm looking into this as well. Have you gotten any information on the best solution?

• Liked: 11
Re: Best structure for working with a US company without a UK entity?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 09:37:21 AM »
The question posed is like saying:

What is the best way to pound a nail without using a hammer?

Sponsored Links