Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US In-law's visiting this weekend, need some advice re COVID tests  (Read 823 times)

• Liked: 4
US In-law's visiting this weekend, need some advice re COVID tests
« on: September 10, 2021, 03:10:21 PM »
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all safe and well.

My in-laws are travelling to stay with us from the US on Sunday, arriving at London Heathrow and staying with us in Wales.

They have arranged for their Covid tests for entry to the UK, and I have arranged for them to have their day two test here with CTM (they are both double vaccinated).  Peculiarly, Welsh Government stipulate that you HAVE to use CTM if you are staying in Wales.

I am however not sure what the requirement is for testing for them to return to the States in two weeks time.  Do we need to book further tests for them to  take here and what are the requirements? If so and anyone has any recommendations on cost-effective options, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: US In-law's visiting this weekend, need some advice re COVID tests
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
On here, everyone has been happy with QRED rapid antigen tests.  I believe they are cheap, easy, and you can do them at home.

• Liked: 239
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 07:57:39 PM »
Qured rapid antigen. Its around £33. You queue for a video call, they watch you do the test and email your results usually within an hour. Highly recommended them.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 08:45:34 PM »
Thats amazing, thank you guys!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 09:11:04 AM »
I've recommended Qured on this site.  Our friends recently ordered from them and didn't receive their testing kits, even after calling and being reassured they would get them the next day.  So after 6 days they cancelled and had to scramble to find another alternative.  If you do order from them, be sure to order well in advance.

Use the discount code AATRAVEL15 or BATRAVEL15 to get a 15% discount which brings to price to £33.

Someone on this site recently successfully used C19testing.co.uk for a £29 antigen test.  You take the test at home and email the result.  There's no video call.

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel

US requires the test to be taken within 3 days of the flight to the US.  So if the flight is on a Thursday, the test could be taken starting on Monday.  I would do the test 2 days before the flight.  If the flight is delayed by a day the test is still valid, and if there's a problem with taking the test or getting the result, you have another day to sort it out.

I hope you enjoy your visit with your in-laws.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab