Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR visa renewal + power prices!  (Read 1767 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: FLR visa renewal + power prices!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
Amazing, thanks ksand24

"Application Documents
- Tre's current US passport
- Signed Sponsor's Declaration (part of online application)
- Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by the applicant (part of online application)
- Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by the sponsor (part of online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- your current UK passport
- Tre's BRP"

This seems straightforward enough.

"Finances
Mandatory
- Letter from employer dated no more than 28 days before submitting online application
- 7 whole months of bank statements - does he also need the part month up until we send of the application? I assume these need stamping in branch? - the most recent bank statement must be dated no more than 28 days before the date of submitting the online application and needs to show the most recent payslip deposit on it. If the bank statements have been issued in the mail, or printed by the bank in-branch they do not need to be stamped. If they have been printed by you at home, they must be stamped by the bank on every page
- Same 7 months payslips - if the payslips are issued electronically, each one must be verified in the employer letter
Optional
- 2021 P60
- Job contract - does this need to be signed etc? - just whatever format it was issued in when he started the job"

His employer should be fine to do this, might need to fine-tune wording nearer the time but I don't see this being a problem. Noted, re bank statements and the payslips.

"Residence in the UK
Accommodation
Proof of homeownership
- Land Registry document... this is the most important document for the accommodation requirement as it proves you own the house you live in. They will only expect your name to be on it, as it's unlikely Tre would be able to buy a house on a temporary visa
Proof of monthly housing costs
- Most recent mortgage statement  - note only I am on the mortgage but I'm guessing this is just to prove where we live? No, it's to prove how much you pay for housing each month
- Most recent council tax statement will be sent as part of proof of cohabitation - is this ok?you should upload it twice in this section (you can name one file 'accommodation' and one 'cohabitation)
Cohabitation
- your 6 (or 7) items of mail in each name showing you have lived together for the last 2 years"

I've found the land reg doc :) so that's a relief.

I haven't uncovered the latest mortgage statement, but these are usually issued in June iirc - so either I can request one be sent out if that would be ok?...or actually our term ends at the end of March 2022, so I presume we will receive a statement around that time.

"Other
- Marriage certificate - is a copy ok? You need the official document you were given when you got married
- Tre's divorce certificate - is a copy ok?  You need the official document you he was issued when he got divorced"
I think I have both these - the divorce one is more of a document than a certificate (11 pages) but that's all we've ever had as far as I can recall...

I might download tapatalk a little nearer the time if I need a pair of eyes to check our documents are gonna be ok :)
Thanks again!
G&T
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 09:46:33 PM »
Hi peeps, hope you're all looking forward to Chrsitmas :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how long FLR visa renewals are taking? We're trying to plan trips around Tre being missing his passport for a while in the Spring...
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 65
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 09:52:15 PM »
Hi peeps, hope you're all looking forward to Chrsitmas :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how long FLR visa renewals are taking? We're trying to plan trips around Tre being missing his passport for a while in the Spring...
I applied on 1/10, had my biometric appointment on 9/10 and got the approval email on 30/10 - so about 4 weeks all in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 09:42:16 AM »
Hi all

So it's the business end of our first 2.5 years :) Tre entered the UK on 4 October 2019, and we plan to submit next weekend so 12/13 March, which by my calcs should be fine (let me know if not!)

We hope to use the coming weekend 5/6 March to get bank statements sorted - either printed in branch or stamped (I already printed them at home...the latest one is dated 14 Feb which is a bit tight for our submission date - is this a problem? it won't have his latest payslip on as we're planning to use the 7 from aug-feb inclusive. Should I get a partial payslip printed in branch? or does this kinda force us to wait until the following weekend 19/20 March to include the 14 March bank statement?)

Re the employer letter, does anyone have template wording for this that we can give to HR so that we can be confident that the letter they produce will be sufficient for our needs?

Is the system these days that all docs need to be scanned and uploaded electronically?  I'm guessing passports and BRP need to be mailed, but is anything else mailed?

Thanks everyone!
Greg

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2022, 12:19:40 PM »
Further to the above, is this true (seen in another thread)?

"You just want to ensure you don’t apply too early so that your second visa takes you to the full five years (minus 28 days) from when you first arrived on your spouse visa.

For example: if you applied now and say your next visa was granted in Jan 2022, it would expire 2.5 years (30 months) later. So it would expire around July 2024, which is before you are eligible for indefinite leave to remain. This would mean you’d have to apply for another flr(m) and all the expense that entails because you applied too early."

If we apply this month, are we at risk of the visa being granted too soon and having to apply for another one?  :o
Thanks
Greg

• Liked: 107
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 02:14:01 PM »
This is a letter I provided at ILR that was accepted. I've blanked out most parts which you'll have to adopt yourself.

"XX/XX/2022

To UK Visas and Immigration,

I am writing this letter at the request of John Smith to provide employment information needed for his wife’s visa extension.

John is a permanent employee at [company] as a [role]. He has held this position since [date since having role], which means he has been employed for [duration of employment, eg 2 years 4 months] up to the date of this letter.

John’s starting gross salary was [salary] per annum. Since then he has had two salary raises. The breakdown of these raises are as listed below:

•   [salary] per annum held for [length] from [start date] to [end date].
•   [salary] per annum held for [length] from [start date] to [end date].
•   [salary] per annum held for [length] (to the date of this letter) from [start date].

The payslips which will be provided to prove this are authentic and are originals. John is paid from [company] on [date].

I can confirm that the statements above are true and accurate and I hope that they meet your information requirements.

If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

[sign]

[name]
[Position]

[email] [telephone]"

Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 04:39:56 PM »
Thanks for this Ben1989, much appreciated :)

Can anyone help with the other queries raised in my two posts above?
Best wishes
Greg

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2022, 06:33:11 AM »
Further to the above, is this true (seen in another thread)?

"You just want to ensure you don’t apply too early so that your second visa takes you to the full five years (minus 28 days) from when you first arrived on your spouse visa.

For example: if you applied now and say your next visa was granted in Jan 2022, it would expire 2.5 years (30 months) later. So it would expire around July 2024, which is before you are eligible for indefinite leave to remain. This would mean you’d have to apply for another flr(m) and all the expense that entails because you applied too early."

If we apply this month, are we at risk of the visa being granted too soon and having to apply for another one?  :o
Thanks
Greg

If you were to use the priority service, you could be cutting it tight and might only have a very narrow window in which to apply. I waited until a bit closer to the expiration of the first spouse visa so I had several months to spare and no pressure on when to apply for ILR .. although did apply right on at 5 years minus 28 days as desperate to be done with it all!
I'd leave it a bit just to give yourself a bit more breathing room as it makes no difference to the overall time to leave it a bit longer now.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »
Thanks Larrabee

I think the 19 March weekend is better - this will mean we can include his 14 March bank statement which will show his February pay.  We won't be paying priority so assuming approx one month from there for approval is 19 April...fast forward another 2.5 years to October 2024, and his 5-year anniversary will be 4 October 2024, so we'll have the 28 days prior to that and approx two weeks after as our ILR window - am I understanding this correctly?

In other news, I have tweaked Ben's letter thus:

XX/XX/2022

To UK Visas and Immigration,

I am writing this letter at the request of xxx xxx to provide employment information needed for his FLR visa extension.

John is a permanent employee at xxx as a [role]. He has held this position since [date since having role – 15 February 2021?], which means he has been employed for [duration of employment, eg 1 year and 3 weeks] up to the date of this letter.

John’s starting gross salary was [salary - £xx,xxx?] per annum. Since then he has had one salary raises. The breakdown of these raises are as listed below:

•   [salary - £xx,xxx?] per annum held for [length] from [start date] to [end date].
•   [salary] per annum held for [length] (to the date of this letter) from [start date].

The payslips which will be provided to prove this are authentic and are originals. John was paid from ‘xxx’ on 31 August 2021 and 30 September 2021, and from ‘xxx Business S’ on 28 October 2021, 30 November 2021, 23 December 2021, 31 January 2022, and 28 February 2022.

I can confirm that the statements above are true and accurate and I hope that they meet your information requirements.

Sincerely,

[sign]

[name]
[Position]
[email]
[telephone]

Is that looking ok? For some reason they changed payment systems so the exact wording on the bank statements changes from Sept 2021 to Oct 2021 onwards.
Thanks all :)
Greg

• Liked: 107
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2022, 08:43:02 AM »
If I may be pedantic, the letter needs changing to singular not plural when talking about raises, eg. "Since then he has had one salary raises. The breakdown of these raises are as listed below". There has only been one raise.

I had something similar in my letter regarding payment systems. I even had a payslip that said I was paid on a particular date but I was paid two days letter. All I did, and I suggest you do, is a little explanation. If you are actually paid by the same company you might not even need an explanation but for comfort you can include a little explanation for the visual change. Many people are going electronic now etc.

I also recommend getting it on a headed letter if possible.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 31
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2022, 10:33:12 AM »

I think the 19 March weekend is better - this will mean we can include his 14 March bank statement which will show his February pay.  We won't be paying priority so assuming approx one month from there for approval is 19 April...fast forward another 2.5 years to October 2024, and his 5-year anniversary will be 4 October 2024, so we'll have the 28 days prior to that and approx two weeks after as our ILR window - am I understanding this correctly?

I renewed my visa in January 2022.  My new residence permit is valid for 30 months + 28 days, so almost 31 months.  If that's standard, then your ILR window is a bit longer.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2022, 10:49:10 AM »
I think a month from submission to approval is pretty optimistic, too - the processing window only starts when you've done your biometrics, and lots of people have found they have to wait several weeks to even get the appointment.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 07:05:57 PM »
Thanks everyone

Had a letter back from Tre's HR today (see image). It's a headed pdf and has the direct email of the HR person who wrote it, and it covers most of the essentials in the template we sent (see above).

However, she has changed the wording to the last working day of the month which isn't true in some cases eg 23rd December.

She also removed 'currently' ie 'currently employed' but maybe that's sufficiently implied?

Finally she removed the details about the different pay sources that show up on the bank statements due to the change in software by the company from November onwards.

So we just need to know what Tre needs to go back to her on, and what will be ok to let slide?

Greg

Sent from my RMX2063 using Tapatalk

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 07:11:24 PM »
I'll try another image:

Sent from my RMX2063 using Tapatalk

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2022, 04:25:35 PM »
Transcript:

07 March 2022

To whom this may concern,

Re. xxx xxx

I am writing this letter at the request of xxx xxx to provide employment information needed for his FLR visa extension.

I can confirm that xxx is employed by xxx as an xxx. He started his employment with us on 15 February 2021.

xxx’s starting basic salary with effect from 15 February 2021 was £xxx.00 per annum, which increased to £xxx.00 with effect from 01 October 2021. xxx also receives a discretionary bonus of x% per annum which is paid out half-yearly.

The payslips which will be provided to prove this are authentic and are originals. xxx xxx is paid on the last working day of each month.

The above information is given in confidence and good faith. No responsibility however can be accepted for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information we have provided.

---

As mentioned before it's on a headed pdf and has the direct email of the HR person who wrote it, and it covers most of the essentials in the template we sent (see earlier post).

However, she has changed the wording to the last working day of the month which isn't true in some cases eg 23rd December.

She also removed 'currently' ie 'currently employed' but maybe that's sufficiently implied?

Finally she removed the details about the different pay sources that show up on the bank statements due to the change in software by the company from November onwards.

So we just need to know what Tre needs to go back to her on, and what will be ok to let slide?
Thanks
Greg :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab