Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR visa renewal + power prices!  (Read 1765 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: FLR visa renewal + power prices!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »
Hi Forum Peeps

Just wondered if anyone is able to give some guidance on the above? We're hoping to get the letter sorted this week so we can apply one week today.
Greg
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 70
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2022, 06:51:17 PM »
It should all be fine. When we applied for ILR back in summer 2020, we had a similar discrepancy with the late-mid December (20th) It's fairly common and should be OK - I believe we had payroll provide a covering note, which clarified it for that month. I doubt it was necessary, as there's a legal requirement the payslips show one date even if the pay goes in on another. In our case, because the deposit date didn't match the payslip, we got the letter to clarify from payroll.

Any discrepancy is best covered by the source, but the next best thing is to mention it in a short cover letter.

(The ILR application was successful :) )

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 07:11:53 PM »
Hi Biscuits

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, the pay dates on the bank statements match the payslips, it's the letter from HR which would potentially be incorrect. We've requested amends but not heard back despite chasing :/

I was also wondering which documents we will need scanned/electronic copies of and which will go as hard copies in the post (if any)? We hope to get bank statements stamped first thing on Saturday morning, then head to the library for a scanfest, then get stuck into the application :)
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 07:59:37 PM »
I was also wondering which documents we will need scanned/electronic copies of and which will go as hard copies in the post (if any)? We hope to get bank statements stamped first thing on Saturday morning, then head to the library for a scanfest, then get stuck into the application :)

Nothing goes in the post - everything is scanned and uploaded, including passports and BRP card.

Either you scan and upload everything at home before biometrics, or you purchase the document scanning service and they will scan everything for you at the biometrics appointment.

Even if you upload at home though, it's a good idea to take all the documents with you to your biometrics appointment, just in case something didn't upload correctly and they need to redo it.

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2022, 07:18:34 PM »
Thanks as ever, ksand24

Ok so we finally have an amended HR letter:

17 March 2022

To whom this may concern,

Re. xxx

I am writing this letter at the request of xxx to provide employment information needed for his FLR visa extension.

I can confirm that xxx is employed by xxx plc as an xxx Administrator. He started his employment with us on 15 February 2021.

xxx’s starting basic salary with effect from 15 February 2021 was £xxx.00 per annum, which increased to £xxx.00 with effect from 01 October 2021. xxx also receives a discretionary bonus of x% per annum which is paid out half-yearly.

The payslips which will be provided to prove this are authentic and are originals. xxx is paid by xxx plc on the last working day of each month, specifically: 31 August 2021, 30 September 2021, 28 October 2021, 30 November 2021, 23 December 2021, 31 January 2022, and 28 February 2022.

The above information is given in confidence and good faith. No responsibility however can be accepted for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information we have provided.

If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

---

Should this be ok? The exact wording on his bank statements changes from October 2021 onwards but the company name is still there. He has an email from HR saying:
Hi xxx,

Your pay has always been paid from xxx plc (since floating), it was just never specified on the previous payslips. If they look at our service number and company name they can see that we are xxx plc and its subsidiaries.

Thanks
 ---

Should we try to upload the email too, or is the HR letter sufficient now that we have dates that match his statements? (I don't know why they insist on saying the last working day of the month when it isn't the case for december and october!) Should also say that HR sign off with a phone number and a direct email for the woman who wrote the letter so that's a plus.

Thanks peeps :)

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2022, 10:25:26 PM »
Hi all

Ok, so this is what I think we need – checking so I know what to take to the library for the scanathon :D

-Tre’s current US passport (will scan every page)
-Signed sponsor’s declaration (online doc I believe – is ‘signing’ it tricky?)
-Applicant consent to checks form (online)
-Sponsor consent to checks form (online)
-My UK passport (will scan every page)
-Tre’s BRP (will scan both sides)

-Letter from employer – see above (dated 17 March), already pdf so no scanning required
-Payslips for August- December 2021 and Jan & Feb 2022 (7 in total) – pdfs so no scanning required – does the above letter verify them sufficiently?
-Bank statements dates 14 September, 14 Oct, 14 Nov, 14 Dec, 14 Jan, 14 Feb, 14 Mar (7 in total) – these are already printed and to be stamped in branch on every page on Saturday morning and then scanned at the library. Earliest entries are ‘balance from statement dated 14/8/22…’ and ‘contactless payment £xx 16/8/22’, latest entry ‘amazon prime 14/3/22’, this isn’t quite 7 months but does cover the 7 pay dates on the payslips – should that be ok, or should I upload the 14 august statement too?

-I’m confident we have the job contract he was issued on starting his job in electronic form, although I can’t locate his 2021 P60 …but that won’t really reflect his current salary as he was only in his current job for 6 weeks or so before tax year end 2021

-I have the land reg document, will get it scanned during the Scanathon
-Our most recent mortgage statement is dated 2nd May 2021 and has our balance at 30 April 2021, showing amounts due and amounts paid from Dec 2020 up to April 2021… I’m guessing as long as it’s in the last year it’s ok? will scan  PS I do have a letter dated ‘March 2022’ from our mortgage provider saying our fixed rate is coming to an end and stating what our monthly payment is changing from and to…is it worth uploading this?
-most recent council tax statement will be march 2021 – was hoping to have march 2022 but not looking likely now – this will be scanned & uploaded for both cohabitation and accommodation
cohabitation (all to be scanned):
-March 2020 council tax
-July 2020 zebra power
-Nov 2020 santander
-march 2021 council tax (also for accommodation)
-July 2021 zebra power
-October 2021 santander
-March 2022 metro bank or Santander

-marriage cert – will scan the original
-divorce cert…it’s an 11-page document rather than a certificate, but sure it’s what we used last time – will scan all of it

Am I missing anything? 
Also, I assume it’s possible to save and return to an application once started, and the application date will be from when we press submit rather than when we started the forms?
And…I saw it on another thread but can’t find it…at what point can we leave the UK to travel? I know we can’t leave despite still having our passports, so is it once the new BRP comes through (does it arrive by post or need to be collected?)?

Thanks all
Greg

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2022, 07:37:24 PM »
Just to update, Tre got his approval email on Friday, 9 working days after biometrics :)

The email says that his new BRP will come by courier and will require id and to be signed for...this is potentially a bit of a headache with both working full time. Does anyone know which courier they use and what they will do if noone's home?

Email also says he's been granted permission to stay in the UK until 29 October 2024. He arrived on 4 October 2019, so is 4-29 October 2024 our window for submitting the ILR application? Does it still work such that as long as he applies in that window, he can do biometrics later, and remain in the UK pending the outcome?

Finally, apart from hoarding documents proving cohabitation as we did for FLR, is there anything else we should be doing to be ready for ILR when it comes around?

Thanks forum peeps
Greg

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »
Just to update, Tre got his approval email on Friday, 9 working days after biometrics :)

The email says that his new BRP will come by courier and will require id and to be signed for...this is potentially a bit of a headache with both working full time. Does anyone know which courier they use and what they will do if noone's home?

Email also says he's been granted permission to stay in the UK until 29 October 2024. He arrived on 4 October 2019, so is 4-29 October 2024 our window for submitting the ILR application? Does it still work such that as long as he applies in that window, he can do biometrics later, and remain in the UK pending the outcome?

Finally, apart from hoarding documents proving cohabitation as we did for FLR, is there anything else we should be doing to be ready for ILR when it comes around?

Thanks forum peeps
Greg

Congratulations!!!  ;D

The life in the UK test pass is a requirement for ILR. You have from 28 days before the anniversary of the 5 years, up until the new expiration date. Yes, as long as you've hit submit and paid then you can do the rest after if necessary.
No IHS next time!  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »

Congratulations :D!

Not sure what the up-to-date info is on this, so hopefully someone else can help.

Email also says he's been granted permission to stay in the UK until 29 October 2024. He arrived on 4 October 2019, so is 4-29 October 2024 our window for submitting the ILR application?

He can apply up to 28 days before 4th Oct 2024, so the window to apply will be 6th Sept to 29th Oct 2024.

Does it still work such that as long as he applies in that window, he can do biometrics later, and remain in the UK pending the outcome?

Yes, it’s the same for all visa applications… the only thing that has to be done by 29th Oct 2024 is submitting the online application.

He will also need to have passed the Life in the UK test before applying for ILR.

If he hasn’t already taken it, I would advise doing so sooner rather than later so that he’s not in a rush to get it done just before ILR. The test can be taken at any time in the 5 years before applying for ILR, so he can start the process for taking it now if he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2022, 08:26:28 PM »
Thanks Larrabee and Ksand24

The courier came with his BRP today when he'd already gone to work. I was working from home so could sign for it. I wasn't asked for ID. I expect others' experiences will differ but thought I'd share :)

Sponsored Links