Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - super priority appointment availability  (Read 405 times)

• Liked: 15
ILR - super priority appointment availability
« on: October 13, 2021, 06:35:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up for anyone about to submit their ILR application!

I had previously seen posts about how super priority appointments for ILR (this may also be true for FLR) were in short supply, and that you needed to wait to submit your application until early in the morning because they release a new tranche of appointments each day.

This turned out to be true for me. I had completed my application a few days ago, but it was only giving me the option to book a regular appointment, so I saved my application to return later and then logged in again just now (6am). Lo and behold, super priority was available!

HOWEVER - many of you will have experienced this, I'm sure, and it's unfortunately still true - only after you pay an eye-watering £3,208 for a super priority application are you taken to the UKVCAS website, where you find out that there are no free biometrics appointments left! So that's another £138 (at least), and you may have to go pretty far afield to find available appointments.

Now off to CamScan 100s of pages of bank statements etc.!  :D

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR - super priority appointment availability
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 06:47:10 AM »
This turned out to be true for me. I had completed my application a few days ago, but it was only giving me the option to book a regular appointment, so I saved my application to return later and then logged in again just now (6am). Lo and behold, super priority was available!

Glad you managed to get Super Priority in the end :).

HOWEVER - many of you will have experienced this, I'm sure, and it's unfortunately still true - only after you pay an eye-watering £3,208 for a super priority application are you taken to the UKVCAS website, where you find out that there are no free biometrics appointments left! So that's another £138 (at least), and you may have to go pretty far afield to find available appointments.

Unfortunately, everyone is having to pay for biometrics appointments at the moment... I don't think a single person here on the forum has been able to find an available free appointment in over a year.

When the biometrics centres reopened in September 2020 (after being closed since March 2020), UKVCAS claimed that free appointments were being offered (albeit with about a 3-month wait to get one), but I don't recall anyone actually being able to find one on the website... which meant the only way to book one was to pay for it.

• Liked: 1
Re: ILR - super priority appointment availability
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
My experience - no super priority available during "normal" hours - 7:00 am onward. I began to check late - just after midnight - nothing at about 12:30 am but SP was available at about 1:50 am the day I got it. Advantage night owls....

Sponsored Links