Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Extension Checklist Help  (Read 244 times)

• Liked: 34
Spouse Visa Extension Checklist Help
« on: October 13, 2021, 01:13:43 PM »
Good Afternoon!

We are getting ready to apply for my husband's VISA application, he entered the country in March 2019, and his Visa expires in December 2021. We are hoping to apply this week before I get paid on the 25th.

Please could you check the below list and let me know if anything is unnecessary or anything missing? We applied using exemption from Financial Req last time as I receive DLA for my 9-Year-old Son. We Meet Option A (usually, but not currently as I'm on Maternity Leave) should we still go down that route? and will my calculations differ now we are a family of 5 (2 Adults, 11 YO, 6 YO and 6-Month-old Children)

Also, we are renting, we have a tenancy agreement with my husband on there, do we still need a landlord letter?

Applicant Info      
      Will Passport
      Will BRP
      Will Application
Partner (Jen) Info      
be a British or Irish citizen      
      Jen Passport
      Sponsor Suppport Letter

Essential Relationship Evidence:      

Marriage certificate
      Divorce Certificate Will
      Divorce Certificate Jen

Tenancy Agreement
      Landlord Support Letter
      Utility Bills (water)
      Council Tax Bill
      Joint Bank Statement (Monzo)
Proof of Cohabitation. 6 Letter over 2.5 Years      
      May 2019 - Water Bill
      June 2019 - DWP
      November 2019 - Bank account
      March 2020 - Council Tax
      June 2020 Monzo Joint Bank
      August 2020 - NHS
      January 2021 - Water Bill
      March 2021 - Council Tax
      June 2021 - Council Tax

Other Relationship Evidence:      
      Photographs (2014- 2021)
      Whatsapp Messages (add last 3 years onto last app)
      Boarding Passes (add mar 2019 to others)
      Skype (from last time)
      Email (add more to last times)
      Letters (last time)

Income:      
Excempt (Childs DLA)      
      Adeuate Maintanance Letter

Jen 6 Months Payslips (April - September) Paid monthly on 25th
      Employers Letter
      Contract
      Jen 6 Months Bank Statements (April 20th - September 30th)
      Jen 6 Months Saving Account Statement (April 20th - September 30th)
      Benefits - Child Benefit Letter
      Benefits - Housing Benefit Letter
      Benefits - DLA Letter

Will 7 Payslips (April 23rd - October 8th) - Paid 4 Weekly
      Employers Letter
      Contract
      Will 6 Months Bank Statements (April 10th - October 8thth)
      Will 6 Months Saving Account Statement (April 10th - October 8th)
Met my Love: June 2015
Engaged: 27 May 2018
Married: 31 December 2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 3 January 2019
Biometrics appointment: 8 January 2019
Docs sent to NY: 8 January 2019
Doc received in NY: 9 January 2019

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spouse Visa Extension Checklist Help
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
Afternoon :).

We are getting ready to apply for my husband's VISA application, he entered the country in March 2019, and his Visa expires in December 2021. We are hoping to apply this week before I get paid on the 25th.

Sounds good - you've been eligible to apply since August, but as long as the online application is submitted before his visa expires, you're all good :).

Please could you check the below list and let me know if anything is unnecessary or anything missing? We applied using exemption from Financial Req last time as I receive DLA for my 9-Year-old Son. We Meet Option A (usually, but not currently as I'm on Maternity Leave) should we still go down that route?

If you are currently on maternity leave, but you met the Category A income requirement before you started your maternity leave, then you can still use your pre-maternity leave income to meet the requirements, as long as you were earning it for at least 6 months before going on leave. In that case, you would just provide payslips and bank statements from the 6 months BEFORE you started your maternity leave, along with a letter from your employer.

and will my calculations differ now we are a family of 5 (2 Adults, 11 YO, 6 YO and 6-Month-old Children)

In regards to your children affecting the requirements, if you are using Category A and they are all UK citizens, then they do not count towards the Category A income calculation, so you will only need to show pre-maternity leave income of £18,600.

If however, you are using Adequate Maintenance, then each child has to be included in the income calculation, so you would need to show that you have at least as much left over each week after paying rent and council tax as a family of 5 would receive in income support from the government each week... this amount per week is £117.40 for the couple plus £68.60 per child, which would be £323.20 per week for your family.

(weekly income) - (weekly rent + weekly council tax) = £323.20

So, you would need to show £16,806.40 annual income to meet the Adequate Maintenance requirement.

I'll add another reply in a second regarding your document list.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 01:48:38 PM »
I forgot to add, if you are using Category A for the financial requirement:

If either your pre-maternity income OR Will's income is at least £18,600 on their own, you can just use one person's income to meet the Category A requirement and you fill out the form as if the other person does not work at all.

So, if your income before maternity leave was £18,600 or more, then you ONLY provide YOUR financial evidence and you don't mention Will's employment at all.

OR

If Will's income is £18,600 or more, then you ONLY provide HIS financial evidence and you don't mention your employment at all.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »
Regarding your documents, I'm just going to rearrange them into the different upload sections for the UKVCAS website. Missing documents are in red, my comments are in blue:

Application Documents   
-  Will's Passport
- Sponsor's Declaration signed by Jen (part of online application)
- Part 1 Consent to Checks form signed by Will (part of online application)
- Part 2 Consent to Checks form signed by Jen (part of online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Jen's UK passport
-  Will's BRP

Residence in the UK
Accommodation 
- Tenancy Agreement
- Landlord Support Letter  ...only required if Will is NOT named on the tenancy agreement
- Latest Council Tax Bill
Cohabitation  - only needs to cover the last 2 years, so Oct 2019 to Oct 2021, dated every 4 months, from at least 3 sources
So, you need 1 letter in each name (either 1 joint or 2 separate) from each of the following months:

Oct 2019 - ?
February 2020 - ?
June 2020  - Monzo Joint Bank
Oct 2020 - ?
February 2021 - ?
June 2021 - Council Tax
Oct 2021 - ?
If you cannot provide evenly-spaced documents from the exact months above, or you do not have 3 sources, or you do not have enough documents, you will need to write a letter of explanation for why not.

Finances
Either:
Category A

Your income ONLY (if more than £18,600 before maternity leave):
- your payslips and bank statements from the 6 months before maternity leave
- letter from your employer
- your P60
- your job contract
OR
Will's income ONLY (if more than £18,600):
- his payslips and bank statements from the last 6 months
- letter from his employer
- his P60
- his job contract
OR
- if you have to combine incomes to meet the £18,600 requirement, you provide ALL of the above

OR
Adequate Maintenance

- Adequate Maintenace Letter
- Benefits - Child Benefit Letter
- Benefits - Housing Benefit Letter
- Benefits - DLA Letter
- Jen 6 Months Payslips (April - September) Paid monthly on 25th
- Employers Letter
- Contract
- Jen 6 Months Bank Statements (April 20th - September 30th)
- Jen 6 Months Saving Account Statement (April 20th - September 30th)
- Will 7 Payslips (April 23rd - October 8th) - Paid 4 Weekly
-  Employers Letter
- Contract
- Will 6 Months Bank Statements (April 10th - October 8thth)
- Will 6 Months Saving Account Statement (April 10th - October 8th)

Other
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce Certificate Will
- Divorce Certificate Jen
- Child 1 passport
- Child 2 passport
- Child 3 passport
- Child 1 birth certificate
- Child 2 birth certificate
- Child 3 birth certificate
- Child 1 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)
- Child 2 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)
- Child 3 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)

_________________________________________________ ____________________________________

You do NOT need ANY of the following so you can take them all out:
      Will Application (all online now)
      Sponsor Support Letter
      Photographs (2014- 2021)
      Whatsapp Messages (add last 3 years onto last app)
      Boarding Passes (add mar 2019 to others)
      Skype (from last time)
      Email (add more to last times)
      Letters (last time)
While the above relationship evidence was required for the first visa, it is not required for any other visa after that... since it was showing communication during a long-distance relationship... which you are no longer in. Instead, your relationship evidence is now your cohabitation evidence.

• Liked: 34
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »
Thank you so much for your quick reply! :)

Other
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce Certificate Will
- Divorce Certificate Jen
- Child 1 passport
- Child 2 passport
- Child 3 passport
- Child 1 birth certificate
- Child 2 birth certificate
- Child 3 birth certificate
- Child 1 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)
- Child 2 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)
- Child 3 letter dated in last 3 months confirming their address (i.e. from school or GP)

All children were born in the UK, do I still need this? I don't remember doing this last time.

Finances
Either:
Category A
Your income ONLY (if more than £18,600 before maternity leave):
- your payslips and bank statements from the 6 months before maternity leave
- letter from your employer
- your P60
- your job contract
OR
Will's income ONLY (if more than £18,600):
- his payslips and bank statements from the last 6 months
- letter from his employer
- his P60
- his job contract
OR
- if you have to combine incomes to meet the £18,600 requirement, you provide ALL of the above

Pre-Maternity, we both earn just below 18,600 so will have to use both.

If I use my pre-maternity payslips, the first affected payslip would be 25.05.2021, so I would provide November 20 - April 21,  would my husband need the same date range, or would he used April 21-October 21?
Met my Love: June 2015
Engaged: 27 May 2018
Married: 31 December 2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 3 January 2019
Biometrics appointment: 8 January 2019
Docs sent to NY: 8 January 2019
Doc received in NY: 9 January 2019

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »
Thank you so much for your quick reply! :)

All children were born in the UK, do I still need this? I don't remember doing this last time.

Yes, it's a requirement for all in-country applications (FLR(M) and ILR). In the case of UK citizen children who live with their other parent, you would also have to provide evidence of where that parent lives as well.

You didn't need to do it for the first visa because it's not required for that one.

Pre-Maternity, we both earn just below 18,600 so will have to use both.

Okay, cool - I wasn't sure, so I put all options in :P.

If I use my pre-maternity payslips, the first affected payslip would be 25.05.2021, so I would provide November 20 - April 21

You would actually need to provide October 2020 to April 2021, as usually 7 months of payslips and bank statements are needed in order to cover every single day of the 6 months.

For example, if the last full payslip is dated 25th April 2021, then the 6 months you have to cover is October 25th 2020 to April 25th 2021... so you also need to include the October 25th payslip in order to explicitly cover that day.

would my husband need the same date range, or would he used April 21-October 21?

That's what I wasn't sure on, so I didn't mention it in my previous reply. I'll see if I can find out.

To clarify though, if your husband can use his most recent pay, he will need the March to October payslips and bank statements in order to cover every day of the 6 months.

Just out of interest, can you meet the £18,600 requirement using your maternity pay + his income, or do you need to use your full pre-maternity income in order to make it up to £18,600?

If it's the former, you could use your March to October payslips and bank statements along with his March to October payslips and bank statements and not worry about the 6 months before maternity leave.

If it's the latter and you need to use your pre-maternity income, I can't currently see any mention of what you have to do if you are using your pre-maternity income and his current income - that situation doesn't seem to be covered in the guidance... I wonder if providing a full 12 (well, 13) months of payslips and bank statements would work, so you're covering the entire period (his last 6 months plus your 6 months before maternity leave)?

Sponsored Links