Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A serious problem…..with SERIOUS options  (Read 4934 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: A serious problem…..with SERIOUS options
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 04:00:23 PM »
He had just walked into the room before the attack. He has access to the lounge, the hallway and the kitchen and dining room. He is never locked into a small area. Has several windows with wide sills to lay on and see outside. He has loads of toys and we play with him often. The vet has not checked his vision yet, although he appears to have no issues with seeing bugs, birds, spiders…..

We have contacted the other vet here in town and he has an appointment Thursday morning……hopefully trimming out a few mats and blood work as well.
I would have them check his vision. He could have problems that you don't notice which aren't related to being able to see wee beasties. I'm sure you already know that vision problems can be complicated, being able to see well in good lighting, visual disturbances in the periphery, etc.

Check his mouth and teeth for abscesses that can cause pain.

Check his feet for hair impaction in his toenail shafts. This can be quite painful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 387
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »
I'm not familiar with kitties in regards to personal experience (my mom is unfortunately severely allergic), so don't have much practical advice, but sending much love to you guys and George of course!  I hope you're able to get to bottom of what's going on.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 03:39:57 PM »
Update…..

So although George had an appointment at the vet for Yesterday morning, I was supposed to get him into a squeeze cage before taking him. Ummm…..he went ballistic and that just wasn’t going to happen. So we returned the cage and after chatting with the vet we are going to try to slip him a sedative in his food and take him in his kennel which he likes. If he doesn’t eat the food with the groovy drugs in it and still gets in the kennel….the vet said to bring him Monday morning and he would figure it out! I like this guy, at least he is trying for an easier option and if it doesn’t work…..he’s got the guts to deal with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 06:52:40 PM »
So, update on the update. George didn’t go for the sedatives but….just before it was too late he went into his kennel and went to the vet. They checked teeth, eyes, ears, blood work and shaved the poor guy to eliminate the matting. Everything came out good, he is home and wobbling around (good drugs!). Hopefully this will help, as it’s truly his last best chance. We have tried all that we can. He looks so funny shaved!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:48 PM »
I can't stop thinking about poor George. Did they prescribe any pills to chill him out?

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 07:42:07 PM »
I can't stop thinking about poor George. Did they prescribe any pills to chill him out?
They gave us some gavapentin to try to help. Hopefully we won’t have to

• Liked: 957
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 10:10:55 PM »
I really hope George is OK. One of my friends has a cat with brain cancer and he's still kicking a couple years later with gabapentin and CBD to help him manage the pain. CBD massively helps my anxiety, so maybe it could help? You just have to be sure it's THC free for cats. https://www.ulu.com/cbd-pets/

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2021, 04:21:02 PM »
I’ll try to get a photo, he looks so funny without hair!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
How's the wee guy doing?
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2021, 05:19:06 PM »
Pretty good so far, seems a bit needy since he came back. Not wobbling around anymore!

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2021, 06:37:41 PM »
Sooooo since George is running around nekked he seems to be so lovey and friendly. Even letting us pet his whole body! Hopefully, it stays that way.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2021, 07:09:40 PM »
Sooooo since George is running around nekked he seems to be so lovey and friendly. Even letting us pet his whole body! Hopefully, it stays that way.

Oh wow, that's awesome... I was scared to open this post. Maybe that's been the problem all along?

• Liked: 768
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2021, 07:37:12 PM »
Oh wow, that's awesome... I was scared to open this post. Maybe that's been the problem all along?
Definitely. The matting can be quite painful and he could have been lashing out from the pain or discomfort.

So glad he seems to be doing well!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2021, 07:46:46 PM »
He might just stick around, can’t seem to fit him in the pass the parcel box! ;)

• Liked: 387
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2021, 09:47:54 PM »

Fingers crossed!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab