Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) - Questions / Checklist  (Read 740 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) - Questions / Checklist
« on: October 15, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »
Hey all!

So I got my fiance visa back in July  [smiley=balloon.gif], and since then we've gotten married a few weeks ago and had our honeymoon in Scotland (Isle of Skye/Western Highlands mainly). It's been wonderful, but now I have to tackle the daunting aspect of the visa homework again haha.

Seeing as I'm going from a Fiance to FLR(M) visa, I don't have any correspondence/etc, so I'm assuming I just put in our cover letter that I'm swapping from a fiance visa to FLR(M), and is the reason I have a lack of evidence for this?

Anyway, here is my checklist:

Accommodation
- Tenant Agreement
- Landlord Letter

Financial Evidence
- 6 Full Months Payslips
- 6 Full Months Bank Statements

Additional Documents
- Applicants Full Passport
- Applicants Cover Letter (Is this needed?)
- Appendix 2 (Is this needed?)

Relationship Evidence
- Marriage Certificate
- Photo at the Wedding
- 2 Documents we need to sign? (I think these are on the application that you print off?)

Employment Evidence
- Employment Contract
- Employment Letter

Sponsor Evidence
-Sponsor Cover Letter
-Sponsor Full Passport

Does this look alright?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:43:30 PM by Morlu22 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M) - Questions / Checklist
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 06:03:56 PM »
Hey all!

So I got my fiance visa back in July  [smiley=balloon.gif], and since then we've gotten married a few weeks ago and had our honeymoon in Scotland (Isle of Skye/Western Highlands mainly). It's been wonderful, but now I have to tackle the daunting aspect of the visa homework again haha.

Seeing as I'm going from a Fiance to FLR(M) visa, I don't have any correspondence/etc, so I'm assuming I just put in our cover letter that I'm swapping from a fiance visa to FLR(M), and is the reason I have a lack of evidence for this?

Anyway, here is my checklist:

Accommodation
- Tenant Agreement
- Landlord Letter

Financial Evidence
- 6 Full Months Payslips
- 6 Full Months Bank Statements

Additional Documents
- Applicants Full Passport
- Applicants Cover Letter (Is this needed?)
- Appendix 2 (Is this needed?)

Relationship Evidence
- Marriage Certificate
- Photo at the Wedding
- 2 Documents we need to sign? (I think these are on the application that you print off?)

Employment Evidence
- Employment Contract
- Employment Letter

Sponsor Evidence
-Sponsor Cover Letter
-Sponsor Full Passport

Does this look alright?

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Although you won't be necessarily have all the correspondence, it's extremely unusual to have none at all, usually that would only happen if the couple have not lived together before the wedding and then applied for FLR straight afterwards. So go ahead and get your name on as much as you can so you have something to send. Then yes, you will need an explanation in writing.

You don't need the other letters though or the photo of the wedding. Send 7 month's worth of statements/payslips to make sure you get the same 6 months covered by both.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:42:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

The only thing I have currently is my own bank that's sent me a few letters since then, with my name/address on it, but we have nothing with the both of our names just yet. Will that suffice?

Wonderful, thank you!

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 02:57:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

The only thing I have currently is my own bank that's sent me a few letters since then, with my name/address on it, but we have nothing with the both of our names just yet. Will that suffice?

Wonderful, thank you!

Those are fine. Nothing actually needs to be in both names, you can have all individual pieces of mail.

They ask for 6 joint pieces OR 12 individual pieces or a combination of both.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 04:23:10 PM »
Those are fine. Nothing actually needs to be in both names, you can have all individual pieces of mail.

They ask for 6 joint pieces OR 12 individual pieces or a combination of both.

Thank you! Would this sponsor letter suffice then? Adding a letter simply because of two discrepancies with her payslip that will be explained via her employer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5th November 2021

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Re: Switching from Fiance to FLR (M) Visa for APPLICANT

I am writing in regards to my husband's application for an FLR (M) visa, converting from the Fiance Visa that he is currently on. APPLICANT entered the UK on the 5th of August, 2021 on a Fiance Visa, and we got married on the 25th of September, 2021 at the LOCATION Registry Office. We have lived together since his arrival, and intend to keep living together for the future now that we are married.

We only have 3 items of cohabitation/correspondence because of APPLICANT being in the UK for only 3 months, and unable to sign up for bills until his residence visa is issued. We will have them added to the bills jointly once we receive the FLR (M) visa.

I am employed by COMPANY on a full-time, salaried, permanent contract. I have been with the company since 02/11/2020 and have been earning a salary of £18,600 per annum since 02/11/2020. Therefore I meet the financial requirement under Category A. I will be supplying my employment contract, and employment letter, with additional information detailing a discrepancy with May and June’s payslips, addressed by my employer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you require any confirmation or further information.

Yours faithfully,

SPONSOR

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 04:43:58 PM »
Thank you! Would this sponsor letter suffice then? Adding a letter simply because of two discrepancies with her payslip that will be explained via her employer.

You don't need to write a sponsor letter for FLR(M), so most of the letter is unnecessary.

If you are going to write a cover letter, it needs to be from the applicant, and should simply explain anything unusual about the documents included.

Also, it should not be addressed to the 'Entry Clearance Officer' because you are not applying for entry clearance (that is applied for outside the UK)... so instead it should be addressed 'To Whom It May Concern'.

So, you just want the letter to say something like:

To Whom It May Concern

Please find attached my application documents for FLR(M).

Regarding the cohabitation evidence, I am only able to provide have 3 items of mail as I arrived in the UK on a fiance visa 3 months ago and have not had the chance to collect more than 3 items yet.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, should you require any confirmation or further information.

Yours faithfully,

APPLICANT

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
You don't need to write a sponsor letter for FLR(M), so most of the letter is unnecessary.

If you are going to write a cover letter, it needs to be from the applicant, and should simply explain anything unusual about the documents included.

Also, it should not be addressed to the 'Entry Clearance Officer' because you are not applying for entry clearance (that is applied for outside the UK)... so instead it should be addressed 'To Whom It May Concern'.

So, you just want the letter to say something like:

To Whom It May Concern

Please find attached my application documents for FLR(M).

Regarding the cohabitation evidence, I am only able to provide have 3 items of mail as I arrived in the UK on a fiance visa 3 months ago and have not had the chance to collect more than 3 items yet.

Yours faithfully,

APPLICANT

Fantastic, thanks for the clarification. Appreciate the help!

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
Sorry, one more question!

Swapping from Fiance to FLR(M) Visa, and near the end of the application, and had a few questions.

Question 1 --

" Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

Is this a no? I'm sort of confused by the question.

Question 2 --

" Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation related to another person who is to provide you financial support? "

I assumed this was relating to a third party? So is this a no too?

For the last question, I printed out 3 forms of paper. Part 1, to verify app info. Part 2, verify third-party info, and Part 3, verify info from the third-party sponsor. Do we need to both sign all of these then rescan them? Or just Part 1 and 2?

Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 09:38:53 PM »
Sorry, one more question!

Swapping from Fiance to FLR(M) Visa, and near the end of the application, and had a few questions.

Question 1 --

" Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

Is this a no? I'm sort of confused by the question.

This is usually a Yes.

They are asking if you and your spouse are jointly-named on any of the bank statements or bills that you are providing.

Question 2 --

" Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation related to another person who is to provide you financial support? "

I assumed this was relating to a third party? So is this a no too?

This one is a No because you are not allowed to use third party financial support for the visa.

For the last question, I printed out 3 forms of paper. Part 1, to verify app info. Part 2, verify third-party info, and Part 3, verify info from the third-party sponsor. Do we need to both sign all of these then rescan them? Or just Part 1 and 2?

The applicant signs Part 1

The U.K. sponsor signs Part 2

No one signs Part 3 because you are not allowed a third-party sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 10:55:33 AM »
Grand, thank you!

We may have a bit of a hiccup though, will this be a problem? Paid for our FLR(M) last night and got the biometrics booked and everything.

The only thing is, by the time I submitted the app, it was 11 minutes past midnight, so 11/12/21.
She went to the bank that day to get the latest update to her bank statements, but it runs to 11/11/21.

Just noticed this in the morning as I'm beginning to scan in documents to the website, so naturally I'm beginning to stress.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 10:58:12 AM »
Grand, thank you!

We may have a bit of a hiccup though, will this be a problem? Paid for our FLR(M) last night and got the biometrics booked and everything.

The only thing is, by the time I submitted the app, it was 11 minutes past midnight, so 11/12/21.
She went to the bank that day to get the latest update to her bank statements, but it runs to 11/11/21.

Just noticed this in the morning as I'm beginning to scan in documents to the website, so naturally I'm beginning to stress.

The bank statements only have to be within 28 days of the online application, not the very same day.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 11:06:20 AM »
Ah, for some reason I was thinking it had to line up on the same date of the application, then 28 days from there.

No idea where my head was at with that line of thinking, I'll let you know when I find it haha.

Thanks!

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 11:11:48 AM »
Ah, for some reason I was thinking it had to line up on the same date of the application, then 28 days from there.

Now that would be tricky!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab