Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9274 times)

• Liked: 5
UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:28:18 PM »
Hello everyone!

I came across this forum and have been trying to get started as I want to plan ahead. For some reason, my yahoo email would not receive an email to register even with checking spam/bulk folder. Nonetheless, I tried my google account and it worked!  I wanted to ensure everything is right before applying for a UK fiance visa application and after coming across this forum I have been reading so many informative and stress-relieving posts which I am very thankful for as this process is intimidating to me ???.  My name is Lizzy (27) and my fiance is Matty(31), he is a UK Citizen and I am a US citizen and we have decided to apply for the UK fiance visa in FEB 2022. We started talking online in Feb 05 2019, met in person in Aug 04 2019 for the first time, started a relationship officially boyfriend/girlfriend in Feb 06 2020, and got engaged in Sep 27 2020.

I have created what I think may be a somewhat correct checklist for the fiance visa application and inserted questions my fiance and I have that we hope those with experience can clarify. I apologize in advance as I have a lot of questions but I placed each under the relevant topic.

Fiance Visa Checklist

Applicant (me)
Passports (new and old)
Biometrics page stamped
first page of online application
return shipping label and return envelope

Is it okay I did not receive an entry stamp on my last visit to the UK?
Is it suitable to scan and save only the pages with stamps and photo pages in the new and old passport or does it have to be every page?
(my old passport has stamps only from the year 2010 for a 2-week trip and my new passport has 3 entry  stamps to the UK)

Sponsor
his UK passport- he is applying for one now
Letter of support signed with wet signature-scanned, saved as pdf

Is it correct I just need a photocopy of his Photo page?
Is it expected to send the original letter with his wet signature or can this be scanned & uploaded as a pdf? As in he types the letter, prints it, signs, then scan and sends it to me to upload.

Financial
6 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying
6 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying
letter from employer signed with wet signature dated within 28 days of applying
Employment contract scanned saved as pdf
p60

For the payslips does it require an email or letter for it to be official if he does not have the original copies?
For the bank statements he has electronic bank statements would he need a letter or to go into the bank to get them stamped or signed?
He did experience a recent pay raise but I assume they base the eligibility on the amount he was making before the raise, correct? (even before the raise he meets the requirements of 18600GBP)

Accomodation
Landlord letter with wet signature
Tenancy agreement scanned copy

He rents and the other room in the home is occupied/rented so he does have a roommate. Would he need information regarding the roommate? I know the Appendix II form is now incorporated in the online form but I noticed it asked for other occupants' name, age, relationship, nationality, and passport number.

Proof of Relationship
2 Photos of us together
Facebook Chat log Feb 2019-present
Boarding Passes to and from  US to UK (four trips)
Letters hand-written to him

Do I include the photos by just copying and pasting them onto a word doc.  and saving as pdf or do I need to order a printout of the 2 photos?
Is it okay the screenshots from FB chat has the nickname matty with emojis or would I need to remove nickname to take screenshots so it has his right name?
Am I including just chat logs from Feb 2019-now? Is it okay for it to be facebook, snapchat, WhatsApp screenshotted and in order by date in 2-3 pages or does each have to be separate?
Does the 2-3pages have to be screenshots of texts or is it okay if I just made a chat log with FB audio chats from 2019-now?
When I wrote him letters, I just send him photos of the letters but they are dated by month and year, is that still okay since they weren't mailed? Also the letters were written in a small notebook, would I just black out the contents and include the month/year, the letters say to matty, and I signed all love Lizzy?
Do I need to submit more than boarding passes like PLFs, hotel booking, receipts shopping with him in UK as proof of relationship?

Proof Intent to Marry
Email chain with registration in UK-he is working on this now
Engagement ring receipt

I was not sure what months to ask about so I told him to ask about dates in June/July 2022 since we plan to apply in Feb 2022 does that sound right?
He is worried about the engagement ring receipt he is providing since it is not expensive, but I think that does not matter, does price matter?
Do I include the ring I bought for him as well?

Other Questions:
For the 3 letters that require a wet signature, is it okay to scan and upload them, or do I need to be sending the original signed letters?
(employer letter, landlord letter, letter of support)
Do all the scanned documents have to be in black and white because I scanned my boarding passes and noticed the ones from JFK to DUB, DUB to LCY are green tickets?
Do I need to include a new passport photo in the package I send to NY?
I am only sending my current passport to NY, right?
Would I have to fold the envelope packaging that I am sending inside the package I am sending to NY or would it not be accepted for being folded in half?
So everything submitted as supporting evidence are photocopies and scans of documents like the signed letters, notarized bank statements, passport photo pages, and all of the relationship evidence can be saved as pdf documents?
Also, I saw the online application asks relationship status and the only applicable ones I see are unmarried or single since engaged is not an option, I am unmarried would be correct for my situation as I have never been married. (I saw this in a video of someone filling in online app)
Are you only given one chance to upload the documents on the VFS website, or would I be able to sign in multiple days and upload? I hear this website is tricky and I would not want to accidentally submit when I have not finished uploading all of my supporting documents as I have slow internet connection and I know it will take some time.
Do the documents have to be uploaded in a certain format or order? Like does the relationship category also include the intent to marry supporting documents?

From my understanding the steps are
1-gather all of your evidence and supporting documents beforehand (that is what we are doing right now)
2-complete the online application on UK website for a fiance visa and pay for the application
3- then prompted to make an account on VFS global, book a biometrics appointment my nearest is an ASC with services I am interested in round trip service for the labels to send and return $75 UPS I think I have seen it for according to some of the posts on here
4-from the time of submitting to the time of the biometrics appointment, all supporting documents can be uploaded online on VFS global
5-attend appointment with confirmation email printed of biometrics appointment and my US passport where I scan fingerprint and get photo taken, appointment paper gets stamped
6-I have 5 days to ship my current US passport only (old passport not needed), stamped biometrics page from appointment, first page of online application, return label inside, and return packaging envelope inside
7- The waiting begins!

• Liked: 3595
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 08:29:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

Fiance Visa Checklist

Applicant (me)
Passports (new and old)
Biometrics page stamped

Is it okay I did not receive an entry stamp on my last visit to the UK?

Yes, that's fine. They do not issue entry stamps to US travellers anymore because you can use the egates now.

Is it suitable to scan and save only the pages with stamps and photo pages in the new and old passport or does it have to be every page?
(my old passport has stamps only from the year 2010 for a 2-week trip and my new passport has 3 entry  stamps to the UK)

You should scan every page of each passport, even the blank pages.

You will mail your current passport off to New York so they can issue the visa sticker into it, but you don't need to mail the old passport.

Sponsor
Letter of support signed with wet signature-scanned, saved as pdf

Is it correct I just need a photocopy of his Photo page?
Is it expected to send the original letter with his wet signature or can this be scanned & uploaded as a pdf? As in he types the letter, prints it, signs, then scan and sends it to me to upload.

You don't mail anything other than your current US passport. So, all the documents you include must be scanned and uploaded.

So, you can just scan both the photo page of his passport and his signed letter of support.

Financial
6 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying
6 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying
Employment contract scanned saved as pdf
p60

For the payslips does it require an email or letter for it to be official if he does not have the original copies?
For the bank statements he has electronic bank statements would he need a letter or to go into the bank to get them stamped or signed?
He did experience a recent pay raise but I assume they base the eligibility on the amount he was making before the raise, correct? (even before the raise he meets the requirements of 18600GBP)

If the payslips are electronically issued, each one must be verified as authentic in the letter from his employer.

If the bank statements are electronic, they must either be:
- stamped/signed by the bank on EVERY page
or
- accompanied by a letter from the bank on official bank stationery confirming their authenticity.

Alternatively, he can order official paper statements in the mail, or ask the bank to print all the statements in-branch.

In regards to his pay rise... if it happened within the last 6 months ago, they will only consider his old salary.

A tip:
- he should turn off paperless billing for his bank statements and all utility bills ASAP, as you will need to save all your paper mail for the next 5 years as evidence of cohabitation for future visas. Also, once you have arrived in the UK, you'll want to get your name on as many bills/other items of mail as possible, for the same reason.

Accomodation
Tenancy agreement scanned copy

He rents and the other room in the home is occupied/rented so he does have a roommate. Would he need information regarding the roommate? I know the Appendix II form is now incorporated in the online form but I noticed it asked for other occupants' name, age, relationship, nationality, and passport number.

Yes, his roommate should write a letter confirming they are happy for you to move into the property as well, and you should include his passport details (you may need a scan of his passport photo page as well).

Proof of Relationship
2 Photos of us together
Letters hand-written to him

Do I include the photos by just copying and pasting them onto a word doc.  and saving as pdf or do I need to order a printout of the 2 photos?

You can just upload them as JPEG or PDF files. No printouts are needed as everything is uploaded.

Is it okay the screenshots from FB chat has the nickname matty with emojis or would I need to remove nickname to take screenshots so it has his right name?

Ideally you'll want to have screenshots showing his real name so that they can see that it's him sending the messages and not anyone else.

Am I including just chat logs from Feb 2019-now? Is it okay for it to be facebook, snapchat, WhatsApp screenshotted and in order by date in 2-3 pages or does each have to be separate?

You should include chat logs covering the entire length of your relationship - but no chat content should be included, just screenshots of names/dates/times... like an old itemised phone bill.

We normally recommend separating out the different sources and sending 2-3 pages of each.

So, you would have
- 2-3 pages of Facebook
- 2-3 pages of Snapchat
- 2-3 pages of WhatsApp

Does the 2-3pages have to be screenshots of texts or is it okay if I just made a chat log with FB audio chats from 2019-now?

You show screenshots of the actual logs from each application/website... as I said, no actual message content, but just a cropped screenshot showing the date/time of each message or chat.

When I wrote him letters, I just send him photos of the letters but they are dated by month and year, is that still okay since they weren't mailed? Also the letters were written in a small notebook, would I just black out the contents and include the month/year, the letters say to matty, and I signed all love Lizzy?

To be honest, if they weren't mailed, I'm not sure I would include them in your application at all... since the point of including mailed letters is to show that you mailed things to each other. If the letters are in a notebook, you can't prove you actually sent them to him to read.

Do I need to submit more than boarding passes like PLFs, hotel booking, receipts shopping with him in UK as proof of relationship?

You don't need to send most of that.

All you need to send is the boarding passes to show you got on the plane to visit him. Nothing else needs to be included.

Proof Intent to Marry
Engagement ring receipt

I was not sure what months to ask about so I told him to ask about dates in June/July 2022 since we plan to apply in Feb 2022 does that sound right?
He is worried about the engagement ring receipt he is providing since it is not expensive, but I think that does not matter, does price matter? Do I include the ring I bought for him as well?

1. Sounds good - you just need to show that you are making plans to marry within the 6 months you hope the fiance visa will be valid for

2.  The price of the ring is irrelevant, they just want to see that you are making plans for a wedding. You can include the ring you bought as well if you like, but to be honest, you don't actually need to include ring receipts at all if you don't want to.

Other Questions:
For the 3 letters that require a wet signature, is it okay to scan and upload them, or do I need to be sending the original signed letters?
(employer letter, landlord letter, letter of support)

As mentioned, you don't send anything - they must all be scanned and uploaded.

Do all the scanned documents have to be in black and white because I scanned my boarding passes and noticed the ones from JFK to DUB, DUB to LCY are green tickets?

I don't think it matters. Sometimes they prefer black and white to keep file sizes smaller, but that's all I'm aware of.

Do I need to include a new passport photo in the package I send to NY?

No, passport photos are no longer required because they use your biometrics photo on the visa.

I am only sending my current passport to NY, right?
Would I have to fold the envelope packaging that I am sending inside the package I am sending to NY or would it not be accepted for being folded in half?

Yes, your current passport.

You can include the return packaging in any way you like, as long as you do include it, along with a return shipping label.

So everything submitted as supporting evidence are photocopies and scans of documents like the signed letters, notarized bank statements, passport photo pages, and all of the relationship evidence can be saved as pdf documents?

Nothing should be a photocopy - you should be scanning all the original documents.

You'll have to check if there are any specific upload requirements when you apply, but I think PDF or JPEG is fine. Usually the files need to be 6MB or less in size.

Also, I saw the online application asks relationship status and the only applicable ones I see are unmarried or single since engaged is not an option, I am unmarried would be correct for my situation as I have never been married. (I saw this in a video of someone filling in online app)

I'm not sure if it's been changed recently, but this is a known bug in the application - they don't give you an option for 'fiancee'.

If there is an 'Other' option, I would tick that and write in 'Fiancee'. If not, then I guess you tick 'unmarried'.

Are you only given one chance to upload the documents on the VFS website, or would I be able to sign in multiple days and upload? I hear this website is tricky and I would not want to accidentally submit when I have not finished uploading all of my supporting documents as I have slow internet connection and I know it will take some time.

I'm not sure - I feel like you used to only have one chance, but I don't know if this is still the case. Hopefully someone who has applied recently will be able to help.

Do the documents have to be uploaded in a certain format or order? Like does the relationship category also include the intent to marry supporting documents?

You just upload the documents to the section you think they belong in. I would put the intent to marry documents in the 'Proof of Relationship' section, personally.

You won't need to use every section. For example, you do not use the Employment, Educational, orTuberculosis sections because they do not apply to your visa.

You just use (I think these are the sections):
- Applicant's Documents
- Financial
- Accommodation
- Additional Documents (passport copy/remaining pages of the application form/any other documents)
- Sponsor’s details (passport/Government issued identification/bank accounts/employment letters/payslips/accommodation/sponsor’s declaration/support letter etc.)
- Proof of relationship (marriage certificate/birth certificate/proof of contact/travel history, proof of communication or contact)

From my understanding the steps are
1-gather all of your evidence and supporting documents beforehand (that is what we are doing right now)
2-complete the online application on UK website for a fiance visa and pay for the application
3- then prompted to make an account on VFS global, book a biometrics appointment my nearest is an ASC with services I am interested in round trip service for the labels to send and return $75 UPS I think I have seen it for according to some of the posts on here
4-from the time of submitting to the time of the biometrics appointment, all supporting documents can be uploaded online on VFS global
5-attend appointment with confirmation email printed of biometrics appointment and my US passport where I scan fingerprint and get photo taken, appointment paper gets stamped
6-I have 5 days to ship my current US passport only (old passport not needed), stamped biometrics page from appointment, first page of online application, return label inside, and return packaging envelope inside
7- The waiting begins!

Looks pretty good.

Tip for number 3:
Make sure you select "USA - Application Support Centers" and NOT one of the Premium Centres... if you select Premium, your only appointment options will be paying for the £1200 or £2000 Premium services, instead of booking biometrics for free at an ASC.

If you are interested in using the "Priority Visa for settlement or migration" service (about $800), to get a faster decision on the visa (approx 6 weeks/30 working days), you'll need to purchase it at the same time as the shipping label on the VFS website. If you don't use the Priority Visa service, it could take 3-6 months for the visa to be processed.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 09:18:33 PM »
Thank you for the welcome message and for responding so quickly! I was just going over your response with my fiance. I know I asked a lot of questions and you clarified so much! I was unaware every page needed to be scanned from my passport so I am very thankful to know that.

My fiance was curious as to why his roommate needed to give permission but I assume it is because he lives in the home compared to being a neighbor. I assume that letter has to be printed and signed with a wet signature as well.

A chat log with both text and audio from our entire relationship from Feb 2019-present is on Facebook messenger. Could I just use Facebook Messenger texts/calls and create a chat log since Snapchat messages are mainly saved photos and WhatsApp we use occasionally only in 2021?

Also since we are applying FEB 2022 likely before his next payslip would the 6 statements/payslips be
Aug 2021 Sept 2021 Oct 2021 Nov 2021 Dec 2021 and Jan 2022?

In regard to the landlord letter, there is someone who acts on behalf of the landlord for the property he is renting, is he qualified to write the letter?

I updated the checklist to the following:

Applicant (me)
Passports (new and old)
Biometrics page stamped

Sponsor
Letter of support signed with wet signature

Financial
6 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying (with a letter from employer verifying authentic with signature?)
6 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying (print in branch or letter from bank official with signature?)
Employment contract
p60

Accommodation
Tenancy agreement
Roommate letter  with wet signature

Proof of Relationship
2 Photos of us together

Proof Intent to Marry

« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:50:45 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
Thank you for the welcome message and for responding so quickly! I was just going over your response with my fiance. I know I asked a lot of questions and you clarified so much! I was unaware every page needed to be scanned from my passport so I am very thankful to know that.

No worries :).

My fiance was curious as to why his roommate needed to give permission but I assume it is because he lives in the home compared to being a neighbor. I assume that letter has to be printed and signed with a wet signature as well.

It’s to confirm that anyone else who lives in the property is okay with someone new moving in… to show UKVI that you won’t end up out on the street after you arrive because they didn’t want you there.

A chat log with both text and audio from our entire relationship from Feb 2019-present is on Facebook messenger. Could I just use Facebook Messenger texts/calls and create a chat log since Snapchat messages are mainly saved photos and WhatsApp we use occasionally only in 2021?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘create a chat log’.

What you want to do is screenshot one Facebook Messenger text/call every 2 weeks or so from February 2019 to present and paste them all in to a Word doc (cropping out any message content).

Then do the same with Snapchat and WhatsApp, in two other Word documents.

You want about 40-60 messages/calls from each source, spread about evenly over the time you have been communicating.

Also since we are applying FEB 2022 likely before his next payslip would the 6 statements/payslips be
Aug 2021 Sept 2021 Oct 2021 Nov 2021 Dec 2021 and Jan 2022?

I forgot to mention that you must cover every single day of the 6-month period, which usually means including 7 months’ worth of payslips and bank statements:

So, if his latest payslip is dated, say, 31st January, the 6 months you must cover will be 31st July to 31st January. So you would include the following payslips and bank statements:
31 July 2021
31 Aug 2021
30 Sept 2021
31 Oct 2021
30 Nov 2021
31 Dec 2021
31 Jan 2022

In regard to the landlord letter, there is someone who acts on behalf of the landlord for the property he is renting, is he qualified to write the letter?

Yes, I think so, as long as the landlord has given him permission to do so on his behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 01:31:10 PM »
It’s to confirm that anyone else who lives in the property is okay with someone new moving in… to show UKVI that you won’t end up out on the street after you arrive because they didn’t want you there.

Oh, okay. That makes sense. We all get along well and he has said he would be happy to help so that will not be a problem :). I noticed the form may ask relationship to regarding the roommate, do you know if that is true ?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘create a chat log’.

Sorry for the confusion, allow me to clarify. I was referring to the 2-3pages of screenshots as a chat log, I apologize if that's not what it is considered. I was trying to say that we have always used Facebook Messenger to chat every day aside from gaps from when I visited. I was asking if it is okay to just use Facebook to demonstrate the contact since the other applications are rarely used. I wanted to know if one source of chat is sufficient enough or if it's expected to have multiple sources. The messages from WhatsApp and Snapchat are nowhere near 40-60. I understand the rest of what you described regarding the format and cropping message content to just display names, times, dates. Thanks Again!

I forgot to mention that you must cover every single day of the 6-month period, which usually means including 7 months’ worth of payslips and bank statements:

So, if his latest payslip is dated, say, 31st January, the 6 months you must cover will be 31st July to 31st January. So you would include the following payslips and bank statements:
31 July 2021
31 Aug 2021
30 Sept 2021
31 Oct 2021
30 Nov 2021
31 Dec 2021
31 Jan 2022

Good to know! I will let him know. Much appreciated!

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 01:44:18 PM »
Oh, okay. That makes sense. We all get along well and he has said he would be happy to help so that will not be a problem :). I noticed the form may ask relationship to regarding the roommate, do you know if that is true ?

Not sure - I can't see the application form myself.

Sorry for the confusion, allow me to clarify. I was referring to the 2-3pages of screenshots as a chat log, I apologize if that's not what it is considered.

Ah, okay - yeah, we just usually say 'screenshots'

I was trying to say that we have always used Facebook Messenger to chat every day aside from gaps from when I visited. I was asking if it is okay to just use Facebook to demonstrate the contact since the other applications are rarely used. I wanted to know if one source of chat is sufficient enough or if it's expected to have multiple sources. The messages from WhatsApp and Snapchat are nowhere near 40-60. I understand the rest of what you described regarding the format and cropping message content to just display names, times, dates. Thanks Again!

Ah, I get you now - ideally you want to show as much evidence of different communication types as possible... the more sources you show, the stronger your relationship evidence.

So, what I would do is use:

- up to 60 Facebook screenshots
- all of your WhatsApp messages
- all of your Snapchat messages

The 40-60 messages advice was to make sure you don't send too much... if you have hundreds, you don't want to send every message, just a small selection spread evenly over the relationship. If you have less than 40-60, then just send what you do have.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 04:45:00 PM »
Ah, I get you now - ideally you want to show as much evidence of different communication types as possible... the more sources you show, the stronger your relationship evidence.

So, what I would do is use:

- up to 60 Facebook screenshots
- all of your WhatsApp messages
- all of your Snapchat messages

The 40-60 messages advice was to make sure you don't send too much... if you have hundreds, you don't want to send every message, just a small selection spread evenly over the relationship. If you have less than 40-60, then just send what you do have.

Oh, okay! I get it now. In that case, I will also include Instagram messages sorted into a file. No actual content like what we said or the photos sent just the name, date, and times.

I also edited the pdf files I have saved where I scanned my boarding passes because I originally included other documents like hotel confirmation. Now each files just contains boarding passes, each pdf. file is saved by trip with the month, dates and year into 4 separate files, or should that be merged?
For example Aug21-Jun17 2021 pdf.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 05:06:59 PM »
Now each files just contains boarding passes, each pdf. file is saved by trip with the month, dates and year into 4 separate files, or should that be merged?
For example Aug21-Jun17 2021 pdf.

No, I'd keep them as separate files for each trip, so that it's easy for the entry clearance officer to work out which is which.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 10:14:48 PM »
No, I'd keep them as separate files for each trip, so that it's easy for the entry clearance officer to work out which is which.

Okay, got it!

You just use (I think these are the sections):
- Applicant's Documents
- Financial
- Accommodation
- Additional Documents (passport copy/remaining pages of the application form/any other documents)
- Sponsor’s details (passport/Government-issued identification/bank accounts/employment letters/payslips/accommodation/sponsor’s declaration/support letter etc.)
- Proof of relationship (marriage certificate/birth certificate/proof of contact/travel history, proof of communication or contact)

I just noticed this where you said sponsor's declaration. Do I need that?

UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 11:23:38 PM »
Okay, got it!

I just noticed this where you said sponsor's declaration. Do I need that?

I didn’t write that, I just copied and pasted it directly from this page:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/gbr/supporting-documents

There may be a declaration for the sponsor to sign as part of the online application, though I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 08:09:39 PM »
I know this might be a silly question but when submitting the documents online for supporting evidence, do we need to upload any part of the online application or the downloadable copy of the visa application since the package going to NY already contains the first page of the application?

or is the visa application automatically sent where it is needed electronically/virtually to NY then to the UK once I submit the online visa application?

I am also assuming that all of the pages of my new and old passport will go in the uploaded documents under Applicant.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 10:20:55 PM »
I know this might be a silly question but when submitting the documents online for supporting evidence, do we need to upload any part of the online application or the downloadable copy of the visa application since the package going to NY already contains the first page of the application?

I don't believe so, but I'd see if it tells you to upload any of it when you get to that part.

or is the visa application automatically sent where it is needed electronically/virtually to NY then to the UK once I submit the online visa application?

It should be electronically transmitted.

I am also assuming that all of the pages of my new and old passport will go in the uploaded documents under Applicant.

Again, see if it gives any instructions when you go to upload everything. Ultimately though, as long as everything is uploaded, it doesn't really matter which sections the documents go in.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:31 PM »
Okay, thank you so much for the clarification! I appreciate the prompt responses.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
I think you have answered all of our questions for now.  I have our updated checklist and I feel a lot more confident  :) in applying.
My fiance is also grateful and feels better thanks to this forum.
We are currently working on collecting all of our supporting documents and will update again when we apply  :)
unless something comes up before then :-X

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2021, 02:07:48 PM »
  :) Hello again,

We are currently gathering supporting evidence and making sure everything is ready for when we apply in February. I had a few other questions about what needs to be submitted.

I was thinking since there is a roommate and we need a letter, copy of his passport photo page should I be including a cover letter explaining that aspect of the living arrangement?

Also, right now he will be off work for the winter break which is 2 weeks, would that have to be explained as well since the pay would be different for the month of December?

I was looking at the UK gov website and came across a form entitled Home Office Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partners. It states the fiance visa is not considered a settlement visa, just wanted to be sure in case it is a question on the application. Also, it states one of the requirements is to prove the intention to live together permanently. Do I need to prove that in some way?

Does this category lead to settlement (indefinite leave to remain)? No

This page tells you about the requirement for fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partners to
intend to live together permanently with their future spouse or civil partner.
Paragraph 290 (iii) of the Immigration Rules requires that each of the parties must intend to
live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner after the marriage or
civil partnership.
Interpretation of ‘intention to live together’
For information on the interpretation of ‘intention to live together’, see related link: 1.0 -
Spouses.

Last question, are the only letters for my application the landlord letter, the letter of support, the employment letter, and the roommate letter? or Do I need to write a letter as well?

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 01:14:28 PM »
I was thinking since there is a roommate and we need a letter, copy of his passport photo page should I be including a cover letter explaining that aspect of the living arrangement?

It's up to you - you can include a note in a cover letter if you want to.

Also, right now he will be off work for the winter break which is 2 weeks, would that have to be explained as well since the pay would be different for the month of December?

It may be worth him just mentioning it in his letter of support, just so they are aware of why the payslip is lower., and it could be mentioned in a cover letter by you as well.

Having said that, is he salaried (fixed annual salary), or non-salaried (paid by the hour)? Will the lower payslip for December mean that his income falls below the financial requirement, or will it still meet the requirements?

If he is salaried, each payslip MUST be at least £1,550 before tax, or you will not qualify for the visa... for salaried employment, they take the lowest payslip from the 6 months and multiply it by 12 to get the annual income... £18,600 / 12 = £1,550 so that lowest payslip must be at least £1,550 to meet the requirements.

If he is non-salaried, they will calculate his average annual income using the 6 months of payslips, meaning they will add them all together, divide by 6 months and multiply by 12 months, and the total must be at least £18,600.

I was looking at the UK gov website and came across a form entitled Home Office Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partners. It states the fiance visa is not considered a settlement visa, just wanted to be sure in case it is a question on the application. Also, it states one of the requirements is to prove the intention to live together permanently. Do I need to prove that in some way?

A fiance visa definitely IS a settlement visa... it comes under the Settlement visa category.

When you fill out the online application, you will select the following options for the visa type you are applying for:

Settlement -> Settlement -> Marriage

Note that a 'settlement visa' is not the same thing as 'settlement'.

Settlement =  permanent residence in the UK, also known as ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

Settlement visa = any family visa (fiance, spouse, child etc.) that will eventually lead to Settlement (ILR) in the UK

Settlement visas include:
- marriage visa (fiance visa) (valid 6 months)
- proposed civil partnership visa (valid 6 months)
- spousal visa (valid 33 months)
- civil partnership visas (valid 33 months)
- child dependent visa (valid 33 months)
- adult/elderly dependent visa (valid 33 months)
- FLR(M) (in-country extension visa) (valid 30 months)

Last question, are the only letters for my application the landlord letter, the letter of support, the employment letter, and the roommate letter? or Do I need to write a letter as well?

You can include a contents letter if you like, which lists the visa type you are applying for and a list of your documents, plus any extra information (such as explanations of anything unusual about your documents, previous visa refusals, any criminal convictions etc.).

The normal format of a contents letter would be something like:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Please find included my application and supporting documents for a marriage settlement visa to join my fiance in the UK. I would like my visa to start on [DATE] as per the Intended Travel Date listed on my application form.

[Explanation of anything else that needs to be explained - this is where you could mention the living situation or the December payslip being lower if you wanted to]

I am including the following documents with my application:
[ list of your documents ]

Yours Faithfully,

Your Name

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab