Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9239 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2023, 12:13:02 PM »
Passport arrived today with the name change. Next, we are going to update our joint bank account.

We are taking the advice to get a letter from the landlord that states he pays the council tax bill and it is in his name.

Does anyone know if the FLR application from  2018 is accurate when it asks for details of anyone else living on property? If that's the case would it be bad if we cannot get the new tenant passport number and explain he just moved in & is reluctant to share personal information.

Also, you said we don't need to mail anything this time. Does that mean they won't be needing my passport? Is there no vignette for FLR? Is it just biometrics residence permit and letter in the mail?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2023, 02:02:33 PM »
Does anyone know if the FLR application from  2018 is accurate when it asks for details of anyone else living on property? If that's the case would it be bad if we cannot get the new tenant passport number and explain he just moved in & is reluctant to share personal information.

I'm not sure as I can't see the online version myself, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer this.

Also, you said we don't need to mail anything this time. Does that mean they won't be needing my passport? Is there no vignette for FLR? Is it just biometrics residence permit and letter in the mail?

You will need to scan and upload every page of your passport, and take it to the biometrics appointment with you, but you can keep it while the visa is processing.

Your FLR(M) visa will be issued as a BRP card, which will be mailed to you once the visa has been granted, so you won't need to do anything with your passport.

Also, I don't believe they send the approval letter in the mail anymore, as you will get the approval decision by email (and then your BRP will be sent out after you get the email).

« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2023, 02:12:21 PM »
You will need to scan and upload every page of your passport, and take it to the biometrics appointment with you, but you can keep it while the visa is processing.

Oh okay! I was not sure if I needed to hand it over at the appointment or something along those lines. Is my husband allowed to attend the appointment with me or do I need to go alone? Are there any other steps or interviews? Like would we get a call from immigration regarding our application or need to be interviewed regarding relationship or visa?

I'm not sure as I can't see the online version myself, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer this.

I have been referring to this pdf document that says 2018, although I am not sure if there have been any changes since then regarding FLR besides the price of the application.  I was looking under section 7 Accommodation

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2023, 04:52:08 PM »
Oh okay! I was not sure if I needed to hand it over at the appointment or something along those lines. Is my husband allowed to attend the appointment with me or do I need to go alone?

In the past (before the current system of using UKVCAS), the UK sponsor was required to attend with you. However, during Covid, they only allowed the applicant in the building due to social distancing... but I'm not sure what the policy is now (hopefully someone who has been recently can clarify).

Are there any other steps or interviews? Like would we get a call from immigration regarding our application or need to be interviewed regarding relationship or visa?

No interviews, and no calls from immigration. If something is missing, they will email you and ask for it, but you can add the document checking service to your appointment if you want to.

The steps are:
- gather documents
- complete application
- submit application and pay for the visa, adding Super Priority for £800 if you will be using it (if Super Priority is not offered at the time you go to submit, and you definitely want to use it, you will need to log out without submitting and try again another day, as it cannot be added on later after submission and only a certain number of slots are available to purchase each day)
- register with the UKVCAS website and book biometrics appointment
- scan and upload documents before the appointment
- attend appointment
- wait for email with visa decision (if using Super Priority, this is normally within about 5 hours of the appointment)
- wait for BRP to arrive in post

I have been referring to this pdf document that says 2018, although I am not sure if there have been any changes since then regarding FLR besides the price of the application.  I was looking under section 7 Accommodation

http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hoflrm.pdf

I don't think any of the document requirements have really changed, other than needing the council tax bill as well as the tenancy agreement... I think it's mainly the layout and wording of the questions that are a bit different on the online form.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 04:55:28 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2023, 12:08:46 PM »
I don't think any of the document requirements have really changed, other than needing the council tax bill as well as the tenancy agreement... I think it's mainly the layout and wording of the questions that are a bit different on the online form.

we have a letter from the property manager, same as before with the fiance visa since he speaks on behalf of the landlord. The letter is on official letterhead and states he is the director of the property management, that we are both tenants at this address but not responsible for the council tax bill. He then states that he pays for and receives the council tax bill in his name alone for the address. Is that sufficient? I was also going to include in my cover letter explaining we are not responsible for the council tax bill and the property manager pays it and mention the letter that I am including with my application. This does not apply to the 28 day rule, right? because we intend to apply for FLR 2nd week in Feb.

No interviews, and no calls from immigration. If something is missing, they will email you and ask for it, but you can add the document checking service to your appointment if you want to.

Great! I will definitely keep an eye on my email after submitting.

The steps are:
- gather documents
- complete application
- submit application and pay for the visa, adding Super Priority for £800 if you will be using it (if Super Priority is not offered at the time you go to submit, and you definitely want to use it, you will need to log out without submitting and try again another day, as it cannot be added on later after submission and only a certain number of slots are available to purchase each day)
- register with the UKVCAS website and book biometrics appointment
- scan and upload documents before the appointment
- attend appointment
- wait for email with visa decision (if using Super Priority, this is normally within about 5 hours of the appointment)
- wait for BRP to arrive in post

when we pay for the application that includes the BRP and health surcharge right? or does BRP get paid at biometrics appointment?

In the past (before the current system of using UKVCAS), the UK sponsor was required to attend with you. However, during Covid, they only allowed the applicant in the building due to social distancing... but I'm not sure what the policy is now (hopefully someone who has been recently can clarify).

we will attend together just in case!

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »
we have a letter from the property manager, same as before with the fiance visa since he speaks on behalf of the landlord. The letter is on official letterhead and states he is the director of the property management, that we are both tenants at this address but not responsible for the council tax bill. He then states that he pays for and receives the council tax bill in his name alone for the address. Is that sufficient? I was also going to include in my cover letter explaining we are not responsible for the council tax bill and the property manager pays it and mention the letter that I am including with my application. This does not apply to the 28 day rule, right? because we intend to apply for FLR 2nd week in Feb.

That should be fine. The 28 day rule only applies to the financial documents, though ideally you want everything to be dated as close to the application date as possible.

when we pay for the application that includes the BRP and health surcharge right? or does BRP get paid at biometrics appointment?

Everything is paid before you attend biometrics.

- You will be prompted to pay the IHS surcharge during the completion of the online application.
- when you submit the application, you will be charged £1067.20 (£1048 + £19.20 to give biometrics). If you are using the £800 Super Priority, you will pay £1867.20 at this point.
- when you book your biometrics appointment on the UKVCAS website, you may need to pay for an appointment (approx £130) if there aren’t any free appointments available (the free ones are released at 9am). Also, if you add any extra services, you will pay for these at the time of booking the appointment too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2023, 02:32:49 PM »
When it comes to correspondence, I have a question.

I have our joint bank statement that arrived today but would it count as JAN 2023 correspondence because there is no date on the statement regarding when it was sent out, it just says 11 Nov to 10 DEC 2022. Does that mean I can only use that as correspondence for dec? I had not noticed before, but now that I have started scanning our correspondence from sept to now, I notice none of the HSBC bank statements have the date stamped anywhere for the month it was sent.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 02:48:43 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2023, 04:43:56 PM »
When it comes to correspondence, I have a question.

I have our joint bank statement that arrived today but would it count as JAN 2023 correspondence because there is no date on the statement regarding when it was sent out, it just says 11 Nov to 10 DEC 2022. Does that mean I can only use that as correspondence for dec? I had not noticed before, but now that I have started scanning our correspondence from sept to now, I notice none of the HSBC bank statements have the date stamped anywhere for the month it was sent.
If there’s no ‘sent’ date, the date of the document will be taken as the last date the statement covers.

So, a statement dated up to Dec 10 will count for the month of December 2022.

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2023, 06:27:41 PM »

If there’s no ‘sent’ date, the date of the document will be taken as the last date the statement covers.

So, a statement dated up to Dec 10 will count for the month of December 2022.

Okay! Good to know I'll reorganize our correspondence then since its mainly bank statements. I listed it below to make sure I understand correctly.

Sept 2022

His bank statement (21 aug-sep 20)

Oct 2022
His bank statement (21 sept-20 oct)
His bank fees statement (oct 5)
My mobile phone bill (oct 12)

Nov 2022
His bank statement (21 oct-20 nov)
Joint Bank statement (20 oct-10 nov)
My mobile phone bill (nov 12)

Dec 2022
His bank statement (21 nov-20 dec)
joint bank statement (11 nov-10 dec)
my mobile phone bill (dec 12)
my GP registration letter (dec 29)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:09:33 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2023, 09:39:24 AM »

That should be fine. The 28 day rule only applies to the financial documents, though ideally you want everything to be dated as close to the application date as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so we should be okay without including the council tax bill when we provide that letter, right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2023, 02:12:55 PM »
We have gathered almost everything for the FLR application and want to get started on applying. I would appreciate it if someone could just look over our correspondence and check list. Do I need to include mail for February 2023 as well?  I want to start the application today, could someone confirm this is the right link?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/family-routes?_ga=2.165870590.1711208053.1676382781-1740348383.1675692752       

Applicant Documents
My Old & New Passport
Cover Letter explaining mail shortage
Signed sponsor declaration (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 1 signed by applicant (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 2 signed by sponsor (part of online application)

Sponsor
His UK passport all pages

Finances
7 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying (July 2022-Jan 2023)
7 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying (July 2022-Jan2023)
letter from employer (10/02/2023)
Employment contract
p60 (2021-2022)

Accommodation
Updated tenancy agreement (05/12/2022)
Landlord letter & email from city council stating we are not liable for council tax, the landlord is

Correspondence
Sept 2022
His bank statement (21 aug-sep 20)

Oct 2022
His bank statement (21 sept-20 oct)
My mobile phone bill (oct 12)

Nov 2022
Joint Bank statement (20 oct-10 nov)
My mobile phone bill (nov 12)

Dec 2022
joint bank statement (11 nov-10 dec)
my mobile phone bill (dec 12)
my GP registration letter (dec 29)   

Jan 2023
Joint Bank Statement (11 dec- 10 jan)
My mobile bill (12 jan)

Other
Marriage Certificate

I also have a few questions about the application.
when did you first enter the UK?

Do they mean first time ever or first time on the fiance visa?

When did you start living as partners?
Do they mean start living as married couple or from the day I arrived to live with him on fiance visa?

what stage of extension of leave are you applying to extend your current leave
I believe ours is "first period of leave to remain following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiance or proposed civil partner of a settled person"

is this your first time you have applied for a visa extension of stay in one of the above categories including previous leave granted as a fiance or proposed civil partner with your current sponsor?

My answer should be yes, this is my first time applying to extend my stay since it is my first FLR application following fiance visa, right?

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2023, 07:59:06 PM »
I am a little confused by some of the questions and do not want to make a mistake since the FLR M assumes I am applying following 2 years of living together.

On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person

As the child of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person

As the parent of a British citizen or settled child, or child with pre-settled status under the EUSS who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and is not living an independent life

As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

Private life in the UK

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

Medical grounds or ill health

Discretionary leave

None of the above, or I'm not sure

I selected the first one, I do not see anything for fiance since it asked what type of visa did I enter on before this question and I selected Family.

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
I put yes, the USA and said I was born there and lived with my family as the reason.

When did you last travel to the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
I just put the last date I went back home to USA from the UK in 2021.

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
I just listed my immediate family members, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Do you have a biometric residence permit?No, I did not have a biometric residence permit for my most recent leave

This seems like the only one that makes sense I never had a BRP and this is the first extension for flr

Where did you first meet your current partner?
I said at london city airport aug 2019

Have you lived with your partner continuously for 2 years?NoEnter details for any periods of time you have not lived with your partner including where you were living, for how long and the reasons you lived apart (this does not include holidays)

I said we have lived together since I arrived on a fiance visa and have not lived apart but it has only been 5 months since arriving.

Have you lived anywhere other than your current address during the past 2 years that you have not already entered on this application?YesPlease give details of any previous addresses (including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner

I stated my USA address and said I lived there 9 years, and that I arrived 25 sept on fiance visa to get married and that my partner did not live with me before the visa

Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?
I put Yes but my partner thinks this should be No

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2023, 01:02:04 PM »
We are applying today to stay within the 28 day rule. Could anyone look over my last 2 posts with questions about the form? I do not want to submit it and overlook an error by misunderstanding the questions.  ??? :-X

• Liked: 424
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2023, 04:29:24 PM »
I didn’t see a problem with your answers. Hopefully an expert will pop in and confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 424
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2023, 08:02:20 PM »
When I applied for the spousal visa I had the same issue. Sat for probably two hours waiting and trying to get an answer. Honestly, I finally gave up and went out and then back into the visa application and it had gone through so I could finish. It was very scary, I won’t lie. It may be your only option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links