Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 16652 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2023, 07:34:36 AM »
That's fine - the only date that matters in regards to your fiance visa expiry is the date you submitted the online application.

As long as you apply online before your visa expires, your immigration status will 'extended' under Section 3C leave while the visa is processing. Back in 2020 during the lockdowns, the UKVCAS centres were all closed for a few months, so some people had to wait 6 months after applying online (and after their visa expired) before they were even allowed to book their biometrics appointment!

Your official application date is 16th February, and so all the documents you upload and submit must be dated on or before 16th February, You cannot submit any document that is dated after 16th Feb.
Good to know, then we are on time my visa expires next month but I saw we could apply any time after fiance visa once we are married because the 5 year time for our route does not include the 6 months on the fiance visa.

My bank statement will arrive later for february but technically it is dated to Feb 10th as latest date on it so we can still use that for Feb correspondence right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2023, 07:39:59 AM »
I'm really sorry to have caused you more anxiety. I know how awful the process is.
That's okay! I can understand misreading and getting confused between the posts. I have been triple checking everything and having my husband read over everything as well to make sure we agree & understand it all the same. I'm glad everything looks good and appreciate the help!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2023, 08:25:06 AM »
Good to know, then we are on time my visa expires next month but I saw we could apply any time after fiance visa once we are married because the 5 year time for our route does not include the 6 months on the fiance visa.

Yes, you can apply at any time after you are married, as long as you submit the online application before the visa expires :). Some people get married and apply for FLR(M) within a few weeks of arriving in the UK, others wait and apply towards the end of the 6 months.

My bank statement will arrive later for february but technically it is dated to Feb 10th as latest date on it so we can still use that for Feb correspondence right?

It depends on the latest date that is printed on the bank statement as to whether you can use it or not. If the only February date on it is the 10th, it should be fine to use, but if, for example, it has an issue date on it that is after Feb 16th, you can't really use it, as it will be dated after your application date.... and your documents need to show that you met all the requirements on the date you submitted the online application (16th Feb).

« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2023, 08:27:47 AM »

It depends on the latest date that is printed on the bank statement as to whether you can use it or not. If the only February date on it is the 10th, it should be fine to use, but if, for example, it has an issue date on it that is after Feb 16th, you can't really use it, as it will be dated after your application date.... and your documents need to show that you met all the requirements on the date you submitted the online application (16th Feb).

It's from Jan 11-Feb 10

« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2023, 08:57:17 AM »

It's from Jan 11-Feb 10

The period of the statement is fine, but what matters is the actual date that the statement was printed  by the bank and mailed to you.

The correspondence requirement is about showing what date you received the statement in the post (to show you were physically living in the house on that date and were at home to receive it).

So, if the statement shows on it what date it was actually issued and printed by the bank, and it's later than 16th Feb, it won't meet the requirement.

If however, the only February date printed on it is 10th Feb, you might be able to get away with using it as there will be no evidence that you received it after your application date... but this is more of a technicality than because it actually meets the requirements.

As an example of how the correspondence works:
- you order a back-dated bank statement from September 2022
- you receive it in the post in February 2023
- on the statement/letter accompanying it, it states that it was issued and mailed in February 2023
- therefore it can only be used as correspondence evidence for the month of February 2023, because that's the month you received it in the post

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2023, 09:01:42 AM »
Ultimately though, it doesn't really matter if you include the February statement or not.

As you are here on a fiance visa and haven't had much time to gather correspondence in your name, it doesn't matter if you don't have enough correspondence.

You just need to write a short explanation stating that you have only been in the UK for a few months and haven't been able to gather 6 items of correspondence in your name yet.

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2023, 09:05:37 AM »
The period of the statement is fine, but what matters is the actual date that the statement was printed  by the bank and mailed to you.

The correspondence requirement is about showing what date you received the statement in the post (to show you were physically living in the house on that date and were at home to receive it).

So, if the statement shows on it what date it was actually issued and printed by the bank, and it's later than 16th Feb, it won't meet the requirement.

If however, the only February date printed on it is 10th Feb, you might be able to get away with using it as there will be no evidence that you received it after your application date... but this is more of a technicality than because it actually meets the requirements.

As an example of how the correspondence works:
- you order a back-dated bank statement from September 2022
- you receive it in the post in February 2023
- on the statement/letter accompanying it, it states that it was issued and mailed in February 2023
- therefore it can only be used as correspondence evidence for the month of February 2023, because that's the month you received it in the post
Okay, I think I understand. The statement arrived yesterday feb 16th the same day we submitted our application but it doesn't have any other date on it. None of the statements include an issue date, they all say 11th Month to 10th month. The statements from the bank were printed 2 weeks ago when we requested them but they seemed to have forgotten and reprinted on Monday. Last time we had to get them by post it was the same there wasn't a letter with an issue date for the order only the statements. However I'm 100% everything was requested before Feb 16th and was dispatched before Feb 16th as well. They should have already arrived but we were told to wait 5 additional business days. The biometrics appointment is the second week in March.

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2023, 01:55:43 PM »
Ultimately though, it doesn't really matter if you include the February statement or not.

As you are here on a fiance visa and haven't had much time to gather correspondence in your name, it doesn't matter if you don't have enough correspondence.

You just need to write a short explanation stating that you have only been in the UK for a few months and haven't been able to gather 6 items of correspondence in your name yet.

I wrote a cover letter to explain the shortage in correspondence and that it was fiance to flr (m).

Do I need to include the document checklist on the last page of the visa application that was listed under optional downloads?

« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2023, 12:19:02 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!

I attended my biometrics appointment last week and received an email on the 15/03/2023 stating "We are delighted to confirm that the supporting information for your visa application has been submitted to UKVI. All updates about your application will come from UKVI directly NOT from UKVCAS"

Today I received an email from "Home Office Atlas" stating "Your application under the Partner FLR M route of the Immigration Rules has been successful. You have been granted permission to stay in the UK until 21 Sep 2025. You will receive your Biometrics Residence Permit BRP by courier within 7 working days"

;D ;D ;D ;D  so relieved! Next step is waiting for BRP and hopefully that doesn't have any errors.  I do have a question about the next application. Based on that expiration date, what months would we be needing to collect correspondence for?

• Liked: 427
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »
Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6115
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2023, 06:17:43 PM »
UPDATE!!!!!

I attended my biometrics appointment last week and received an email on the 15/03/2023 stating "We are delighted to confirm that the supporting information for your visa application has been submitted to UKVI. All updates about your application will come from UKVI directly NOT from UKVCAS"

Today I received an email from "Home Office Atlas" stating "Your application under the Partner FLR M route of the Immigration Rules has been successful. You have been granted permission to stay in the UK until 21 Sep 2025. You will receive your Biometrics Residence Permit BRP by courier within 7 working days"

;D ;D ;D ;D  so relieved! Next step is waiting for BRP and hopefully that doesn't have any errors.  I do have a question about the next application. Based on that expiration date, what months would we be needing to collect correspondence for?

Congratulations!  :)

It's best at this stage to make sure you have 1- Everything coming on paper and 2- Something, like a bank statement, coming in every single month for each of you.
Much easier to do that then work out the timing at the other end because as well as the first date, it has to work with the application date for your next visa. If you have something coming in every month (and at least 2 other items) you know you're covered however you need to space it out.

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2023, 12:53:19 PM »
Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank You !!  ;D ;D

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2023, 12:57:52 PM »
Congratulations!  :)

It's best at this stage to make sure you have 1- Everything coming on paper and 2- Something, like a bank statement, coming in every single month for each of you.
Much easier to do that then work out the timing at the other end because as well as the first date, it has to work with the application date for your next visa. If you have something coming in every month (and at least 2 other items) you know you're covered however you need to space it out.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help along the way  ;D

We have 2 different bank statements that come on paper monthly and my phone bill comes on paper monthly. The only other mail is from GP every few months. I have another question now that we are approved until 09/2025, what happens if we move? I am not sure if that would mean we need to gather correspondence from both addresses. Also, I am not sure how to report the change in address because we are planning to move this year or early next year.

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2023, 01:48:34 PM »
I received my BRP today! From what I understand they are supposed to say they EXP DEC 2024 because everything will be digital afterwards. There was not a NIN on the card. I assume I need to apply for a NIN now. I was told I do not need a NIN to begin working as long as I have the right to work in the UK and can prove my right to work by going to https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Do I need to have the code ready the same day as interviews or once an employer requests it? I am not entirely sure of the timing.

I still have the same questions about moving in my previous post if anyone can help me out with that as well.

• Liked: 347
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2023, 04:01:22 PM »
There was not a NIN on the card. I assume I need to apply for a NIN now.

If you are on a visa that allows you to work, you can apply for a NINo. (knee no)
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

I was told I do not need a NIN to begin working as long as I have the right to work in the UK and can prove my right to work by going to https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Do I need to have the code ready the same day as interviews or once an employer requests it? I am not entirely sure of the timing.

This is what an employer must do. https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

I still have the same questions about moving in my previous post if anyone can help me out with that as well.

Report a change. https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

I don't know about the documents, wait for @ksand24 or @larrabee

Sponsored Links