Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9283 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2022, 09:03:36 PM »
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm

This is the link I followed to start my application and it says

Confirm your visa type
Confirm what type of visa you want to apply for from the options below. If you are not sure, use the check if you need a UK visa tool, or see the visas and immigration guidance pages for information.

Appendix FM Partner

Appendix FM Child

and then it says

Apply to enter the UK as a partner
Use this form if you are outside the UK to apply to join or accompany a partner. You and your partner must both be 18 or over and you must intend to live together permanently in the UK.

Your partner must also either:

be a British citizen
have settled in the UK (they have indefinite leave to enter or remain, or proof of permanent residence)
have pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
have leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person in the UK
If you have child dependants who are joining or accompanying you they must apply separately here.

How long you can stay
If your application is successful, you will get permission to enter and stay in the UK for 33 months, or for 6 months if you are applying as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner. After this you will be able to apply to extend your stay.

Before you start
Before you start your application, you can read the guidance to find out about:

eligibility
evidence required
fees
how long it will take for your application to be considered
How to apply
To apply to enter the UK as a partner, you need to:

complete the application form in English
pay the visa fee online (in most cases)
pay the health surcharge
provide your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph)
provide your tuberculosis test results if you are resident in a country where you must take the test
provide your passport and other supporting evidence
When completing your application, if you are inactive for 25 minutes you will be automatically logged out. You will be able to save your application and come back to it another time if you need to.

Biometric information
As part of the application process, you are also required to apply for a biometric immigration document, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP).

How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to decide whether to grant your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2022, 09:12:23 PM »
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm

This is the link I followed to start my application and it says

and then it says

When you actually started the application though, did it ask you which Appendix FM category you were applying under, for example:
- spouse/civil partner
- fiance/proposed civil partner
- unmarried partner
- child dependant
- adult dependant relative
- elderly dependant relative
All of the above are types of settlement visa issued under Appendix FM.

In the past, it would ask what type of visa you were applying for and for a fiance visa you would have to select:
Settlement -> Settlement -> Marriage

But it may be different now as they've changed the form in recent years, and I'm not sure what it actually asks anymore as I cannot see the application myself.

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2022, 09:41:47 PM »
it asked to select appendix fm partner or appendix fm child
for relationship status it asked
single
married or civil partnership
unmarried partner
divorced or civil partnership dissolved
widowed
widowed or surviving civil partner

'Single' means that you have never been married or in a civil partnership, and that you do not currently consider yourself in a relationship.

'Unmarried partnership' means that you currently consider yourself in a relationship but are not married or in a civil partnership.

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2022, 09:48:39 PM »
Okay, so you needed to select 'single' for the visa type, because none of the others apply to you.

If you selected 'Unmarried Partners' you are applying for the wrong visa (and it would be an automatic visa refusal because you do not qualify as unmarried partners).

Unmarried Partner visa (relationship status: Unmarried Partner):
- valid 33 months
- costs £1523 plus £1872 IHS surcharge
- you have no plans to marry each other
- because you do not plan to marry, you must show you have lived together legally in the same country for at least 2 years, and must provide evidence of 24 months of cohabitation.

Fiance visa (relationship status: Single)
- valid 6 months
- costs £1523
- you must show plans to marry within 6 months
- no requirement to have lived together before

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2022, 10:03:23 PM »
Unmarried Partner visa (relationship status: Unmarried Partner):
- valid 33 months
- costs £1523 plus £1872 IHS surcharge
- you have no plans to marry each other
- because you do not plan to marry, you must show you have lived together legally in the same country for at least 2 years, and must provide evidence of 24 months of cohabitation.

Fiance visa (relationship status: Single)
- valid 6 months
- costs £1523
- you must show plans to marry within 6 months
- no requirement to have lived together before

ohhh! okay! I was thinking single was wrong because it said not considered in a relationship but the question right after asked
Fiancé
proposed civil partner
unmarried partner

Thanks!

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2022, 10:06:10 PM »
Yeah, it's not well-worded at all (UKVI are notorious for being rather vague and confusing), but Single is the correct option, as you've seen on the next question :).

Hopefully now it won't ask you to provide evidence of living together for 2 years :).

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2022, 10:10:29 PM »
Yes that fixed it now it only asks for both our passports, prove he is british citizen, and intent to marry

I was asking if i need to provide the passport twice for him or if it fine to upload it once since they want it for photo page and proof of british citizenship

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2022, 10:18:20 PM »
I was asking if i need to provide the passport twice for him or if it fine to upload it once since they want it for photo page and proof of british citizenship

You only upload the photo page of his UK passport once, in the Sponsor's Documents section.

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2022, 10:46:29 PM »
okay, I will be submitting the application tomorrow and uploading everything. The weather is not very good right now and the internet is poor, it keeps disconnecting and I do not want that to interfere with the application.

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »
Booked my biometrics appointment and printed the checklist it provided, it says do not sign until you are at your appointment. I assume I just tick the boxes to confirm I provided the mandatory documents and then sign when I am there.

Also, I chose the free service to upload documents, the SMS text alerts, and the return courier service, but it said something went wrong I do not see anywhere else to access the shipping labels and I did not get an email with the labels either. Do I have to contact support?

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2022, 08:39:59 PM »
Booked my biometrics appointment and printed the checklist it provided, it says do not sign until you are at your appointment. I assume I just tick the boxes to confirm I provided the mandatory documents and then sign when I am there.

That doesn't apply to applications made in the US. The checklist needs to be signed and uploaded to the VFS website BEFORE you attend biometrics.

This is because in the US, biometrics are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI... and so they have nothing to do with your visa application or your documents. They don't even care which type of visa you are applying for.

The biometrics is simply a 5-minute appointment where they check your passport, scan your appointment sheet, take your photo and fingerprints and send you home. Then you have 5 days to mail your passport and scanned appointment sheet to New York for processing.

In other countries, however, the documents are submitted in person at the biometrics appointment, so you take the checklist with you and sign it when you hand over the documents... hence the instructions not to sign until the appointment.

Also, I chose the free service to upload documents, the SMS text alerts, and the return courier service, but it said something went wrong I do not see anywhere else to access the shipping labels and I did not get an email with the labels either. Do I have to contact support?

I believe the return shipping label should be emailed to you, which you then print and place inside the package you are sending, along with your return packaging... if you don't receive it in the next couple of days, maybe try to contact them. Also, check your junk email just in case it went in there.

If you only purchased the return shipping label, you will need to sort out your own outbound shipping via UPS or DHL.

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2022, 09:04:25 PM »
That doesn't apply to applications made in the US. The checklist needs to be signed and uploaded to the VFS website BEFORE you attend biometrics.

Okay then I will tick the boxes and sign, scan and upload it under additional documents. Then all I need for my appointment is my passport and biometrics appointment email.

After I will ship the passport with 1st page of application and stamped biometrics page, correct?

If you only purchased the return shipping label, you will need to sort out your own outbound shipping via UPS or DHL.

I apologize I mean I purchased roundtrip services

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2022, 09:29:10 PM »
After I will ship the passport with 1st page of application and stamped biometrics page, correct?

Yes, you ship:
- passport
- biometrics appointment sheet (which will be scanned rather than stamped)
- return shipping label
- return packaging
- first page of the application (not completely sure if you actually need to send it anymore but no harm in including it)
- if you have purchased it, your priority processing receipt

I apologize I mean I purchased roundtrip services

Ah, cool - just double-checking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2022, 09:36:28 PM »
The checklist says uploading next to it I think it may be stuck, it did not load normally like the rest that say preview or delete so I cant remove it either.

The biometrics page is scanned ?  ??? So I do not get a stamp when I attend the appointment.

Yes, I made sure to get roundtrip, it looks like the better deal to go with  :)

Thanks for the help!

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2022, 09:55:01 PM »
The biometrics page is scanned ?  ??? So I do not get a stamp when I attend the appointment.

Yeah, they used to stamp the appointment page, but now when you get to the appointment, they just scan the barcode into their computer system instead.

Yes, I made sure to get roundtrip, it looks like the better deal to go with  :)

Yeah, it makes things a bit easier, as it's a prepaid label so you don't have to sort out the shipping cost and label yourself at a UPS store.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab