Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9223 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2022, 08:51:41 PM »
I have my documents all uploaded. I cannot help but be nervous and feel like I am missing something. :-X

Do you think it is fine that the FB chats are 3pgs of screenshots from FEB 2019-JAN2022 and do not include FEB and MAR of this year?  ???

The intent to marry I included an email chain with 8 different dates listed this year aug-sep 2022 from hall licensed with Cambridge register office.

I solved the issue with the checklist and Feb-mar 2020 boarding pass failing to upload. I redownloaded those as JPG files since the PDF documents were getting flagged as corrupted from their malware. VFS says PDF JPG and JPEG are accepted.

UPDATE, after logging into VFS every day. today the button appeared to download shipping labels! Relieved I have them now  :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 02:55:45 PM by mattandliz »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2022, 11:22:59 PM »
Hello everyone! I have a quick question regarding the UK Fiance Visa Application.
There is a question on the application that asks how many times you have visited the following places in the past 10 years: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, Switzerland, and European Economic Area.
I am unsure of what to put down for this question, since I am from the USA. Any ideas? TIA!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2022, 06:06:15 PM »
Hello everyone! I have a quick question regarding the UK Fiance Visa Application.
There is a question on the application that asks how many times you have visited the following places in the past 10 years: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, Switzerland, and European Economic Area.
I am unsure of what to put down for this question, since I am from the USA. Any ideas? TIA!
I would say that since you are in the US….no visiting but if you have been to any of the others, list them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2022, 02:28:08 PM »
UPDATE Application Submitted, Biometrics appointment completed, and documents shipped off yesterday :)

Yeah, they used to stamp the appointment page, but now when you get to the appointment, they just scan the barcode into their computer system instead.

I went yesterday and they scanned and stamped my appointment paper.

In case anyone was having trouble with VFS and shipping labels, I contacted support on March 17th  and they responded on March 19th to ask for more details and then on March 27th with my labels. I would recommend doing what I did and logging into VFS each day to see if the download shipping labels button appears for you. I did that and was able to get my labels 3 days later on the 20th of this month.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2022, 03:38:20 PM »
UPDATE Application Submitted, Biometrics appointment completed, and documents shipped off yesterday :)

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2022, 09:37:49 PM »

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2022, 02:08:32 PM »
Quick question below in red! Just making sure I understand this right. ???

My package said delivered to NY 10 am yesterday and then at 6:30 pm I received a text that said my application was forwarded to UK Visas and Immigration Tue 29th.

This morning I got an automated email regarding my application stating
thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that your supporting documents are submitted within 5 working days of this email.

The rest just explains how to send the documents within 5 working days. I do not have to send anything, correct? Since I already uploaded my documents on VFS Global 2 weeks ago and that was listed on the stamped biometrics paper sent to NY.

• Liked: 3595
UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2022, 02:09:31 PM »
No, you do not have to send anything as you have already uploaded all your documents.

If I remember correctly, the email should also say something like ‘if you have already submitted your documents, you don’t have to do anything’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2022, 04:29:51 PM »
No, you do not have to send anything as you have already uploaded all your documents.

If I remember correctly, the email should also say something like ‘if you have already submitted your documents, you don’t have to do anything’.

Okay, thank you! I appreciate the clarification  :)

So now, we wait    :o

Yes, the line I quoted said if you or your sponsor have not already submitted supporting documents

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2022, 04:09:02 PM »
 :o UPDATE I am now on week 6 in the waiting process.

Today I received an email from UKVI stating they have made the decision to temporarily amend the Marriage and Family service standards to 24 weeks (120 working days) from the standard 12-week route due to prioritizing Ukraine Visa Scheme applications. The time is 24 weeks from the date you attended the Visa Application Center to provide biometrics.

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2022, 04:16:35 PM »
My fiancé and I are in our 2nd week and I just got that email this morning as well.

I'm honestly devastated.. we had planned a wedding for August but now it looks like that's down the tubes. And we won't be able to see each other for another 5 months.  :(

Hang in there, guys.

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2022, 05:08:12 PM »
Sorry to hear that, guys

Fingers crossed it doesn’t take as long as 24 weeks.

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2022, 05:22:19 PM »

Thanks so much.. do you think there's a chance that it may not take that long?
We're unsure of whether or not to postpone our wedding plans.. if there's a chance it could be quicker than 24 weeks then maybe we won't have to.

We're just at a loss at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, guys

Fingers crossed it doesn’t take as long as 24 weeks.

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2022, 05:44:29 PM »
Thanks so much.. do you think there's a chance that it may not take that long?
We're unsure of whether or not to postpone our wedding plans.. if there's a chance it could be quicker than 24 weeks then maybe we won't have to.

We're just at a loss at the moment.
I don’t know what the processing times are actually like at the moment, so I really couldn’t say what the chances are of it being faster than 24 weeks.

We always recommend though that you don’t actually book a specific wedding date until you have the visa and are in the UK, because you never know how long the visa will take or when you will actually be able to enter the UK. There have been several people in the past who have had to change their wedding plans because they haven’t received their visa in time.

Where will you be getting married?

If you are marrying in England or Wales, you need to be resident in the county where you will marry for at least 7 days before you can give notice to marry, and then you must wait at least 28 days from giving notice before you can actually have the wedding (this could be extended to 70 days if you have a visa in case they need to refer your case to UK immigration, though this shouldn’t happen with a fiancé visa as the visa will already give you permission to marry)… which means you will need to wait at least 35 days from landing in the UK before you can hold the wedding.

If you are marrying in Scotland, there is no 7-day residency period before giving notice, and I believe you can give notice by post… but you still have to wait the 28 days from giving notice (or possibly up to 70 days if you have a visa and your case is referred) before you can get married.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2022, 07:02:55 PM »
Fingers crossed that it doesn't take that long.

I just got the same email today about the service time being extended to 24 weeks for my spousal visa. Is there a handbook on how to sell a house, figure out daycare for a toddler when possibly getting delayed by about 3 months coming from the US???? Ugh. We were already anticipating being apart for maybe a month, but now adding possibly 3 more on to that....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab