Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 2428 times)

• Liked: 4722
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »
Hugs everyone!  It's all chaos at the moment.

I would NOT have a solid wedding date set until AFTER the visa is approved.  That's always been the way.  Sadly visas and immigration have a way of completely sucking the romance out of a day many look forward to.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2022, 01:13:24 AM »
Well we initially booked it before we found out about them taking away priority visas, so we were planning on me getting my visa and getting there way before August.

And then we heard that news, and figured it would be 12 weeks (which would have still given us enough time).

But then this happened. Luckily the elopement company we are working with knows our situation and knew that things were subject to change, and they are willing to reschedule our date free of charge.

The other reason we picked a date ahead of time is because a lot of these elopement/wedding companies require you to book months in advance. Otherwise they get all filled up for the year pretty quickly.

Anyway, we're getting married in Scotland so the 7 day residency rule won't apply to us.
We're just going to have to reschedule our wedding for a date later in the year and hope for the best. 🤞🏻

I don’t know what the processing times are actually like at the moment, so I really couldn’t say what the chances are of it being faster than 24 weeks.

We always recommend though that you don’t actually book a specific wedding date until you have the visa and are in the UK, because you never know how long the visa will take or when you will actually be able to enter the UK. There have been several people in the past who have had to change their wedding plans because they haven’t received their visa in time.

Where will you be getting married?

If you are marrying in England or Wales, you need to be resident in the county where you will marry for at least 7 days before you can give notice to marry, and then you must wait at least 28 days from giving notice before you can actually have the wedding (this could be extended to 70 days if you have a visa in case they need to refer your case to UK immigration, though this shouldn’t happen with a fiancé visa as the visa will already give you permission to marry)… which means you will need to wait at least 35 days from landing in the UK before you can hold the wedding.

If you are marrying in Scotland, there is no 7-day residency period before giving notice, and I believe you can give notice by post… but you still have to wait the 28 days from giving notice (or possibly up to 70 days if you have a visa and your case is referred) before you can get married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2022, 01:17:45 AM »
I really hope not.. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation as well.  :(

We were the same. First we thought one month or a little bit more than that, no problem. Then 3 months, okay that sucks but we can handle it. Now it's gonna be about 7 months total that we will have been apart by the time the visa is supposed to get accepted. Nothing prepares you for how difficult this can be..

Keeping you guys in my thoughts as well and I really hope all of us will be pleasantly surprised and not have to wait as long as 3 extra months!

Fingers crossed that it doesn't take that long.

I just got the same email today about the service time being extended to 24 weeks for my spousal visa. Is there a handbook on how to sell a house, figure out daycare for a toddler when possibly getting delayed by about 3 months coming from the US???? Ugh. We were already anticipating being apart for maybe a month, but now adding possibly 3 more on to that....

Sponsored Links