Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting a new visa several years after a denial  (Read 403 times)

• Liked: 2
Getting a new visa several years after a denial
« on: December 06, 2021, 10:42:43 PM »
Hello,

Several years ago, I was denied a partner visa because we made a mistake when trying to handle the massive and complex application ourselves.

We ended up moving to another country and are still abroad. If we wanted to come back, I would need a new visa of course.

However, I believe our past troubles mean we don't qualify for any kind of expedited option. So does anyone know roughly how long it might take to get the visa processed and approved, as long as we meet all the requirements? Would the Home Office give us a hard time based on our previous issue?

Thank you!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Getting a new visa several years after a denial
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 11:37:08 AM »
Okay, I looked at your past posts and it doesn’t seem scary.  Basically they refused you application using self employed income because they require a million and one documents, is that the gist?

I believe you CAN use priority, you’ll just want to include all the paperwork around your refusal.  I’m not 100% sure how long applications are taking at the moment as it’s hard for people to apply due to covid (lots of people not able to marry due to travel restrictions).  I’d plan for it to take 2-3 months.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Getting a new visa several years after a denial
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:58:22 AM »
I believe you CAN use priority, you’ll just want to include all the paperwork around your refusal.

Yeah, you should be fine using priority, but just be aware that it may take a little bit longer than normal due to the refusal.

The reason they tell you not to use priority if you have a refusal is to cover their own backs… because they can’t guarantee that it will be processed within 30 working days and they don’t want you making a complaint if it takes longer.

All priority does is move your application to the front of the line ahead of non-priority (and behind the other priority applications) so that it is picked up more quickly. No one will actually see your application until after the priority service has been applied, so the fact that you have a refusal won’t affect the priority part, but it may mean it takes them a little longer to process if they have to look into the reason for the previous refusal.

Either way though, using priority is likely to reduce the overall waiting time, so it’s probably worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab