Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR  (Read 2305 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR
« on: December 13, 2021, 02:30:24 PM »
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of filling out my ILR application.

I wanted to go through the cash savings method. One of the questions in the finance section asks if I am working, how often do I get paid and my net pay.

My issue is that I am a freelancer and I am only working here and there. My net pay is completely unreliable as it isn't fixed at all. Furthermore, for the last 9 months up until end of Nov I have been receiving maternity allowance.

So my question is do I need to mention I am working if I am going through cash saving method and if so how would I indicate my net pay?

My second question is that my partner now also receives carers allowance which wasn't the case on previous visa application. Do we also need to mention this if going through cash saving method ?

Thank you

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 03:36:57 PM »
If you are using cash savings, you should not mention your freelance work or income at all. So, you just tick No when it asks if you are working and then move on to the next section.

If you are using cash savings, and you have the required amount for ILR (£34,600), then you don't need to mention the Carer's Allowance, as you can qualify for the visa without claiming exemption from the financial requirement.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »
If you are using cash savings, you should not mention your freelance work or income at all. So, you just tick No when it asks if you are working and then move on to the next section.

If you are using cash savings, and you have the required amount for ILR (£34,600), then you don't need to mention the Carer's Allowance, as you can qualify for the visa without claiming exemption from the financial requirement.
Thank you for the reply. So I will tick no when it asks if I'm working. But just regarding the carers allowance. There is a question that says

"Do you or your partner currently receive any of these benefits?"

Carers allowance is on the list so just to confirm I don't tick this and rather click on the option "no, my partner and I do not receive any of these benefits"

As I am going through the cash saving option.

Sorry to ask for the confirmation.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 04:54:03 PM »
Thank you for the reply. So I will tick no when it asks if I'm working. But just regarding the carers allowance. There is a question that says

"Do you or your partner currently receive any of these benefits?"

Carers allowance is on the list so just to confirm I don't tick this and rather click on the option "no, my partner and I do not receive any of these benefits"

As I am going through the cash saving option.

Sorry to ask for the confirmation.

Yeah, since you already meet the financial requirement, it’s probably easiest to just tick No for the benefits question and don’t mention the Carer’s Allowance.

If you tick Yes to the Carer’s Allowance, they will assess your application under Adequate Maintenance instead of Cash Savings, which means:
- providing evidence of the Carer’s Allowance eligibility
- providing bank statements showing the Carer’s Allowance being paid into his account
- calculating your adequate maintenance amount = (total weekly income + savings) - (weekly rent and council tax)
- providing evidence of all your weekly income and savings to prove you meet the Adequate Maintenance amount

Or, if you don’t mention the Carer’s Allowance, all you have to provide is:
- 6 months bank statements showing the savings
- a statement of the source of savings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »
Yeah, since you already meet the financial requirement, it’s probably easiest to just tick No for the benefits question and don’t mention the Carer’s Allowance.

If you tick Yes to the Carer’s Allowance, they will assess your application under Adequate Maintenance instead of Cash Savings, which means:
- providing evidence of the Carer’s Allowance eligibility
- providing bank statements showing the Carer’s Allowance being paid into his account
- calculating your adequate maintenance amount = (total weekly income + savings) - (weekly rent and council tax)
- providing evidence of all your weekly income and savings to prove you meet the Adequate Maintenance amount

Or, if you don’t mention the Carer’s Allowance, all you have to provide is:
- 6 months bank statements showing the savings
- a statement of the source of savings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect :) Thank you.

Yes , initially I clicked on partner receiving carers allowance and it asked a bunch of questions as you have stated. I am glad I can go back and change that now and should be much more straightforward.

Thank you

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 06:02:04 PM »
Hi,

Sorry again. Just another quick question. I have come to the end of the application.

It's asking me to choose a service but unfortunately I'm only getting the standard option?

Is there anyway of getting a faster service, I was interested in the within 5 working day service.

Have all faster services been cancelled or am I doing something wrong ?

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »
The 5-working day service is not an available option for ILR applications.

So, your only processing options for ILR are:

- Standard service, which takes up to 6 months for processing

- Super Priority Service, which costs £800 and gives a decision within 24 hours of the biometrics appointment

At the moment though, due to Covid restrictions, they are only releasing a certain number of Super Priority slots each day (I believe around 60 slots), so if the service is not available to purchase when you go to submit the online application, it means all the slots have been taken for the day.

I believe they release the new appointments at midnight, so your best bet is to log on at midnight and try again then... if you don't find any slots available, you'll just need to keep trying at midnight on other days.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 07:50:30 PM »
Oh wow. Okay. I will try at midnight to see if there is any luck.

Thank you again for your help

Sponsored Links