Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Day 2 PCR test  (Read 1237 times)

• Liked: 14
Day 2 PCR test
« on: December 28, 2021, 08:16:06 PM »
I’m flying back to the U.K. Jan 1st. Pre-flight covid test is sorted, but the day 2 PCR test I ordered never arrived. I looked into it and the website is apparently a scam, even though it’s listed on the U.K. gov. Website as an approved provider.

Qured is now telling me that they can’t deliver to my address, even though I ordered all my other tests through them.

Does anyone know of a reputable place I can order a day 2 PCR test?
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 3598
Re: Day 2 PCR test
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:30:51 PM »
Are you sure it just hasn’t been mailed to you yet?

They don’t normally send out the Day 2 tests until right before (or the day that) your flight lands in the UK, so that you receive the test on either Day 0, Day 1 or Day 2… so I wouldn’t have expected it to arrive yet anyway.

If you do need somewhere else to order it from, I went through Nomad Travel a few months ago and they were fine. It’s only £43 for the Day 2 test:
https://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/travel-store/coronavirus/travel-test-package-booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 14
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 08:55:07 PM »
Are you sure it just hasn’t been mailed to you yet?

They don’t normally send out the Day 2 tests until right before (or the day that) your flight lands in the UK, so that you receive the test on either Day 0, Day 1 or Day 2… so I wouldn’t have expected it to arrive yet anyway.

If you do need somewhere else to order it from, I went through Nomad Travel a few months ago and they were fine. It’s only £43 for the Day 2 test:
https://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/travel-store/coronavirus/travel-test-package-booking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I need the registration code/number for the passenger locator form, but haven’t received anything at all, not even an email.

I’ll look into ordering one through that site, thank you!
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 31
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 01:42:56 AM »
You could try to book an appointment at the airport when you return.  My husband recently did this at Heathrow and it worked well.  It was a bit more than the self-tests that are mailed to your house, but there was no worry of whether the test would arrive.  He got his result the same evening.

He used Randox which is in the Radisson Blu parking lot, but testing is available within the airport as well.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »
@SnowFish did you order your day 2 through Qured? I did as well. Their customer service leaves something to be desired, but I was able to confirm that my day 2 test will arrive on our specified date by courier, and the courier will wait while we take the tests (but not before). We land on the 30th, however, and our tests are coming on the 31st - they couldn’t deliver any other way than by courier on this date. Perhaps this is your issue? It did add a massive fee but I was so beaten down by the process I just went with it. I’ll let you know if they come through! I did find that all the Heathrow based options you could do on arrival were all sold out (at least when I booked).

Good luck, hope you get it sorted!
Leave to Enter (Spouse): 2018-2021
Leave to Remain FLR(M): 2021-2023

Application Type: SET(M)
Priority/Non-Priority: Super Priority
Online Application Submitted: 13 December 2023
Biometrics Appointment: 21 December 2023
Decision Made Email: 21 December 2023 - APPROVED!
BRP Received: 23 December 2023

• Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 02:52:36 PM »
Just to add -- if indeed using Qured, as I did...

I returned to the UK yesterday. My PCR test was delivered this morning by Amazon delivery. The courier who will be picking up my test (and watching me do it, I think??) is via Gophr and arriving this afternoon between 3-5pm. To note: The Gophr tracking info for the courier went into my Junk mail. (This was for the additional £29 courier cost beyond the PCR test itself.)

The number you need for your passenger locator form should be something like QURED9999999, and the email is sent from "hello@qured.com".

Hope that's helpful at all..! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab