Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) help is appreciated  (Read 1149 times)

• Liked: 31
Re: FLR(m) help is appreciated
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 12:30:44 PM »
Thanks again for all the help.

1.  Will this suffice for my statement of my source of savings?

I, xxxx, declare that I hold funds at xxx Bank of approximately xxx (account number xxx).  These funds are accumulated from the sale of a mutual fund with Company xxx and the sale of my shares of Company xxx stock between January and June 2018.  These funds were earned through my employment.

The money in this account is fully under my control and I am able to access the money immediately.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

2.  The application asks if my partner and I have any shared financial responsibilities.  I answered no because the house is in his name, we have no mortgage or other loans and he pays the utility the bills.  But my name is on the council tax and water bill.  I'm not sure if Yes or No is the correct answer.

3.  The application asks if I own any property outside of the UK and to provide details.  I own a house in the US.  I provided the address and said it was the house I lived in before I got married and moved to the UK.  Do I need to say anything more?

Thanks!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 12:36:15 PM »

1.  Will this suffice for my statement of my source of savings?

I, xxxx, declare that I hold funds at xxx Bank of approximately xxx (account number xxx).  These funds are accumulated from the sale of a mutual fund with Company xxx and the sale of my shares of Company xxx stock between January and June 2018.  These funds were earned through my employment.

The money in this account is fully under my control and I am able to access the money immediately.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

2.  The application asks if my partner and I have any shared financial responsibilities.  I answered no because the house is in his name, we have no mortgage or other loans and he pays the utility the bills.  But my name is on the council tax and water bill.  I'm not sure if Yes or No is the correct answer.

3.  The application asks if I own any property outside of the UK and to provide details.  I own a house in the US.  I provided the address and said it was the house I lived in before I got married and moved to the UK.  Do I need to say anything more?

Thanks!

1- Sounds good.

2-In practice it doesn't really matter but I would put yes as if your name is on those accounts then you are jointly liable.

3-Again, it doesn't really matter but I may be inclined to mention if it's currently being rented/lived in by family etc.

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »
Thanks!  I reread the instructions about shared financial responsibilities and they mention council tax and utilities as examples, so I added them.

1.  The application asks if I have any Home Office reference numbers.  Then explains "If you have previously made an application to remain in the UK you can find reference numbers on letters from the Home Office.  If not known select "No".

I have a reference number from my spouse visa.  So I'm thinking I should answer Yes and provide the #.  Their explanation only mentions other applications to Remain in the UK, and my spouse visa is Leave to Enter the UK, which is why I'm hesitant.

2.  Would it make sense in my Source of Savings letter to include an explanation for the US address?  It's my parents' address as the bank requires a US address.

I'm probably overthinking this, but I don't want to make silly mistakes and risk not getting approved!

Thanks so much!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
1.  The application asks if I have any Home Office reference numbers.  Then explains "If you have previously made an application to remain in the UK you can find reference numbers on letters from the Home Office.  If not known select "No".

I have a reference number from my spouse visa.  So I'm thinking I should answer Yes and provide the #.  Their explanation only mentions other applications to Remain in the UK, and my spouse visa is Leave to Enter the UK, which is why I'm hesitant.

Your answer is NO because
a) you have never applied to remain in the UK before
and
b) you don't have a Home Office Reference Number

I believe Home Office Reference Numbers are only issued when a visa has been refused, you are appealing a refusal, or you are making an application for refugee/asylum status. The reference number is located at the top of the letter sent by the Home Office regarding the application.

2.  Would it make sense in my Source of Savings letter to include an explanation for the US address?  It's my parents' address as the bank requires a US address.

You can if you want, but it's not really necessary. As long as the account is in your name only (your parents can't be on it too) and it's a genuine financial institution, it doesn't matter what country it's in.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 02:54:31 PM »
Your answer is NO because
a) you have never applied to remain in the UK before
and
b) you don't have a Home Office Reference Number

I believe Home Office Reference Numbers are only issued when a visa has been refused, you are appealing a refusal, or you are making an application for refugee/asylum status. The reference number is located at the top of the letter sent by the Home Office regarding the application.

Ok thanks.  There's a reference number at the top of the letter I received notifying me of my visa approval.  It's the letter you show to the immigration officer at the airport upon arrival in the UK.

Since the question says to answer No if not known, I'll answer No.

FLR(m) help is appreciated
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 03:21:45 PM »
Ok thanks.  There's a reference number at the top of the letter I received notifying me of my visa approval.  It's the letter you show to the immigration officer at the airport upon arrival in the UK.

Since the question says to answer No if not known, I'll answer No.

Your spousal visa was a leave to enter visa applied for outside the UK, not a leave to remain visa applied for in the UK, so you won’t have a Home Office reference number.

The letter you received would have had a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) logo on it and not the Home Office logo.

Example of a Home Office Reference Number (Case ID) on a letter:
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article21055928.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_NHS-worker-uses-foodbanks-as-Home-Office-attempts-to-kick-her-out-of-the-UK.jpg

An example of a Tier 4 visa approval letter with a GWF application reference number for an application outside the UK:
https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/international/images/Home-Office-Sample500x647.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 03:25:49 PM »
Thanks ksand24.   I didn't notice the UK Visas & Immigration at the top of the letter.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »
I have 2 questions - hopefully my final ones before we submit the application.

1.  What is the start date of your current visa?  The date on my visa is June 7, 2019.  I arrived in the UK June 18, 2019.  Which date should I use?

2.  In the consent section there's a question "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

I assume this is asking about the bank account I'm using to show my cash savings.  It's solely in my name so I answered No.  Is my assumption correct?  I haven't provided any information on an account with a utility company.

Thanks very much!

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2022, 12:27:24 PM »
1.  What is the start date of your current visa?  The date on my visa is June 7, 2019.  I arrived in the UK June 18, 2019.  Which date should I use?

You use the start date printed on your BRP card.

2.  In the consent section there's a question "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"

I assume this is asking about the bank account I'm using to show my cash savings.  It's solely in my name so I answered No.  Is my assumption correct?  I haven't provided any information on an account with a utility company.

It’s asking about ANY documents that you are providing with the application that are in joint names with you and anyone else… for example, bank statements, council tax bills, utility bills.

All other people that are named on those documents must sign the consent form to say they are happy for checks to be made on them.

For example,
If the council tax and utility bills you are providing as correspondence  have both your name and your spouse’s name on them jointly, then your spouse signs the Part 2 form

If you were in the situation that you and your spouse live with a housemate and all 3 of you are named on the council tax or utility bills, then both your spouse and your housemate would have to sign the Part 2 form.

In summary:
- the applicant signs the Part 1 Consent to Checks form
- the sponsor and anyone else named on any documents sign the Part 2 Consent to Checks form
- no one signs the Part 3 Consent to Checks form as you are not allowed to have a third party financial sponsor for your visa

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2022, 12:46:39 PM »
OK thanks.  I will answer the question Yes as several of the cohabitation documents relate to joint accounts with my spouse.

Do my cohabitation documents and timing look ok?

Thanks!

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2022, 12:57:37 PM »
Yeah, they look fine :)

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2022, 02:40:17 PM »
Thanks to everyone for all the help.

I've applied.  Biometrics appointment is January 28.  We decided to go for super priority.  I have no plans to travel for several months, but my parents' health is fragile and I want to be able to travel on quick notice.  There are so many stories during covid of families not able to be near each other in their final days and how painful it was for them.  It made the decision somewhat easy for us.

Thanks again!

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2022, 01:16:25 PM »
The bank has sent me this letter to verify the authenticity of the account/statements.  Is this sufficient?

_________________________________________________ __________________________________
01/06/22

To Whom it may concern,

(My name) currently has an open and active account with xxx Bank ending in xxxx  with $xxx
currently available for withdrawal. She opened the account on xx/xx, 2018 and has had it in good standing. The
statements issued by xxx Bank are authentic and valid for June 30, 2021, September 30, 2021 and
December 31, 2021.

Please note that all withdrawals are subject to funds availability verification at the time of presentment. If you have
any questions regarding this letter we can be reached at xxx Monday-Friday 8am-6pm EST.
_________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

The letter is signed and dated by the representative and includes their phone number and email address.  The bank's logo is at the top of the letter.

Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2022, 01:27:33 PM »
I would think that will be fine :)

The only guidance on what the letter should include is:

Bank statements must:

(v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 04:17:21 PM »
Thanks again for all the support.

I'm getting ready to upload my documents and have a question:

Our January 2022 item of correspondence is a water bill with charges from May - October 2021.  We requested it this month and received it in the mail with a statement date of January 6, 2022. 

The date of the 2021 charges is in very large font, while the January 2022 statement date is in much smaller font.  I am probably overthinking this, but should I circle or otherwise highlight the statement date?

I will be so glad when this is over!

Sponsored Links