Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advice needed on UK child benefit, DLA and workplace share scheme in US tax retu  (Read 964 times)

• Liked: 2
Another hurdle to overcome. It seems my UK employer changed payroll providers and I can only get pay slips from April 2020 onwards. I guess I might be able to get hold of P60s from HMRC. Do I need actual monthly payslips for the tax return, or are P60s enough?

I've managed to print out taxable income breakdowns by month from HMRC, and I should have employer pension contributions from my pension statements. Does that cover what I need?

I've asked my HR dept again, as I thought they had to legally keep records for longer than that.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:36:06 PM by rrra »

• Liked: 4985
Another hurdle to overcome. It seems my UK employer changed payroll providers and I can only get pay slips from April 2020 onwards. I guess I might be able to get hold of P60s from HMRC. Do I need actual monthly payslips for the tax return, or are P60s enough?

I've managed to print out taxable income breakdowns by month from HMRC, and I should have employer pension contributions from my pension statements. Does that cover what I need?

I've asked my HR dept again, as I thought they had to legally keep records for longer than that.

You'll need to know what you earned (gross and taxes paid) for each year Jan 1 - Dec 31.  Doesn't match the UK tax calendar - that would be too easy!  ;) 

• Liked: 4985
Oh and you don't submit any supporting paperwork with the returns, only keep them to the side in the (unlikely) event of an audit.

OK, so I've printed out something from HMRC which has month; taxable income; income tax paid; national insurance paid. So it sounds like that's all I need and I don't need to stress out at my employer!

They did email about a change of payroll and access to payslips but it was in the first UK lockdown where I was full time working and homeschooling two children and generally losing my sanity. I thought I had downloaded my payslips but can't find them anywhere now.

Sorry, I have another question about my pension.  I have got statements which say what my employer paid in month by month, but it doesn't have the info about how much of that was my salary sacrifice. Is that going to be an issue? I'm not sure if that is something I need to request from my employer rather than my pension company?

Sponsored Links