Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR-February application-need help with document requirements  (Read 1905 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: ILR-February application-need help with document requirements
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »
Yes, that’s fine… you can adjust the months you use as necessary, depending on the mail you have available.

Alternatively, you can keep all the other months the same and just use something from January 2022 for the last one instead of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great, what a relief! We were thinking it was a strict 5 months apart and we had to have mail for February.

We are going to adjust the one month-we will use mail from January 2022 instead of February 2022. It will be a joint bank statement.

We are so very grateful for the advice, thank you, thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 05:13:00 PM »
Normally you want to go every 5 months exactly but when it’s the last item just before applying, it’s not such a big deal because it’s technically an extra item.

You only actually need to provide 6 items in each name, but we recommend sending a 7th as well, dated just before you apply, to cover the entirety of the 2.5 years.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 06:50:56 AM »
Normally you want to go every 5 months exactly but when it’s the last item just before applying, it’s not such a big deal because it’s technically an extra item.

You only actually need to provide 6 items in each name, but we recommend sending a 7th as well, dated just before you apply, to cover the entirety of the 2.5 years.

Got it, it makes more sense now. I always panic that I may miss something! Thank you .

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 07:12:21 AM »
Hello again!

I have a couple of ILR application questions that I am not 100% sure how to answer. Thank you for advice on this!

1)

Does the part “with another person” mean someone other than my spouse? If so I would answer this question with a No.

2) How long have you lived in the UK? At the time of my application on Feb 18, 2022 I will have been in the UK 4 years 11 months. Do I use that calculation even though my 5 year anniversary is on March 17, 2022?

I understand I can apply up to 28 days prior to my 5 year anniversary but it just seems odd to list an amount of time less than 5 years!

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 07:20:42 AM »
1)

Does the part “with another person” mean someone other than my spouse? If so I would answer this question with a No.

Yes, I believe so. So you would answer No.

2) How long have you lived in the UK? At the time of my application on Feb 18, 2022 I will have been in the UK 4 years 11 months. Do I use that calculation even though my 5 year anniversary is on March 17, 2022?

Yes, that’s correct. You put the exact length of time you have lived here.

You have not lived in the UK for 5 years yet, you have lived here for 4 years and 11 months, so to say 5 years would be lying.

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 06:30:34 AM »
Yes, I believe so. So you would answer No.

Yes, that’s correct. You put the exact length of time you have lived here.

You have not lived in the UK for 5 years yet, you have lived here for 4 years and 11 months, so to say 5 years would be lying.

Ok I made sure to list the exact time in the UK up to the date of my application. Thank you !

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 06:35:37 AM »
Hello! Almost done with my application questions :)

I am not sure if this is the correct way to answer this question. Thank you for any advice on this!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 06:53:13 AM »

I am not sure if this is the correct way to answer this question. Thank you for any advice on this!

The answer should be yes, you would be able to obtain a US spouse visa.

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 07:23:46 AM »

As larrabee said, you have to answer Yes to this one, because you COULD live outside the UK if you needed to… your spouse would just need to apply for a spousal visa for the US… or you could both apply for visas to live in another country.

Valid reasons why you would be able to answer No would be:
- your spouse has been permanently banned from entering the US and will never be able to qualify for a visa to live there, so living in the U.K. together is your only option

- you and/or your spouse would never be able to qualify for visas to live in any other country in the world, so again, the UK is your only possible option to be together

- your lives would be in danger if you had to return to the US, due to:
     - war
     - famine
     - terrorism
     - natural disasters
     - domestic abuse
     - persecution
       etc.

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2022, 07:23:20 AM »
Now I understand, the key word is COULD . I’m glad I checked in for this question. Thank you once again!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2022, 07:54:20 AM »
Now I understand, the key word is COULD . I’m glad I checked in for this question. Thank you once again!

Yeah, they only look at your answer to this question if your visa falls for refusal and they have to decide whether you qualify to be granted leave outside the rules under Article 8: Right to Family Life in the UK.

And in that case, they look to see whether, if they refused your visa and you had to leave the UK, you would have anywhere to go, or if the UK is the only country in the whole world you and your spouse could live safely together and/or qualify to live together legally as a family,

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2022, 09:42:46 PM »
Yeah, they only look at your answer to this question if your visa falls for refusal and they have to decide whether you qualify to be granted leave outside the rules under Article 8: Right to Family Life in the UK.

And in that case, they look to see whether, if they refused your visa and you had to leave the UK, you would have anywhere to go, or if the UK is the only country in the whole world you and your spouse could live safely together and/or qualify to live together legally as a family,
This is very helpful information-definitely sheds some light on the reason for the question. Appreciate it!

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2022, 09:51:06 PM »
Hello,

I have gone back and forth on this document requirement:

“All previous passports, travel documents, or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK”

Do I provide any passports older than 5 years? Also do I include old BRP cards?

I saw on another thread to only scan passports that are within the last 5 years.

Thank you for any advice on this! Feb .18th is coming soon for my application submission, yippee!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2022, 09:55:02 PM »
Because I traveled to the UK on my old passport, I scanned it too. Better safe than sorry I figured. I will probably be applying about the same time as you.

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2022, 10:46:51 PM »
Because I traveled to the UK on my old passport, I scanned it too. Better safe than sorry I figured. I will probably be applying about the same time as you.
Hello! Yes I see we entered on the same date! Almost there, time flys.

Thanks for your info .

Sponsored Links