Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: CRBA questions  (Read 1904 times)

• Liked: 8
CRBA questions
« on: January 17, 2022, 10:58:59 AM »
My wife gave birth to our baby boy a month ago. The US has changed the rules surrounding citizenship, and now I am able to pass along my citizenship to him. I'm filling out the CRBA currently and have some questions.
The first question is are the biological parents married to each other? Now my wife and I are married, but as we are a lesbian couple, I'm not biologically related to our little one. So how do I answer this?
Then we've got the the precise dates I've spent in the US. I have rough dates, but I couldn't tell you the exact date I flew to Europe when I was 13 or 16. And I can't even remember the age I was when I flew put to Italy in my early 20s. Plus, I worked on  raise ships for 3.5 years, so was in and out of the country every 3-7 days.
Help!

• Liked: 4985
Re: CRBA questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 03:26:18 PM »
Contact the embassy. I know you can register now as same sex couples but they will help you fill in the form properly!  Too high for my pay grade I’m afraid (yet thrilled they finally granted that!).

For the dates, use month and year for ones you remember. For frequent or can’t remember dates, just do the best you can. They can’t ask for anything more than that!

Sponsored Links