Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR 28 days early plus super priority--application and doc dates  (Read 360 times)

• Liked: 24
Hi guys

My 5 years from entry will come right at the end of the month, but I'm already putting everything together and should have everything ready in the next week or so. I am working under the expectation that I will apply this month, so am assembling correspondence to go for the following months:

Jan 2022
Aug 2021
March 2021
Oct 2020
May 2020
Dec 2019
Aug 2019

(There will be three sources--is that for each of the sponsor and applicant by the way, or is it three total? Both are fine, but I'm just checking.)

Now, how does the 5 years minus 28 days work with super priority (which I would really like to get, if only to make the anxiety hopefully go away quicker)?

If I applied, say, one week before the 5 days from entry and get super priority so it's looked at the next day (if theoretically somehow I was able to get a biometrics appointment the same day, which I won't, but this is just a hypothetical), does it matter that I won't have reached 5 years by the time it is decided? Or is the rule just a blanket 28 days, and will decide it any time within then?

If, given super priority, I would need to wait until I get to the 5 year mark, how does that work for documents if, say, I were to apply on 1 Feb? Are the docs also just to be within dated within 28 days of application, so the actual month on them doesn't matter?

Thanks all

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR 28 days early plus super priority--application and doc dates
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:51:48 PM »
Hi guys

My 5 years from entry will come right at the end of the month, but I'm already putting everything together and should have everything ready in the next week or so. I am working under the expectation that I will apply this month, so am assembling correspondence to go for the following months:

Jan 2022
Aug 2021
March 2021
Oct 2020
May 2020
Dec 2019
Aug 2019

(There will be three sources--is that for each of the sponsor and applicant by the way, or is it three total? Both are fine, but I'm just checking.)

Now, how does the 5 years minus 28 days work with super priority (which I would really like to get, if only to make the anxiety hopefully go away quicker)?

If I applied, say, one week before the 5 days from entry and get super priority so it's looked at the next day (if theoretically somehow I was able to get a biometrics appointment the same day, which I won't, but this is just a hypothetical), does it matter that I won't have reached 5 years by the time it is decided? Or is the rule just a blanket 28 days, and will decide it any time within then?

If, given super priority, I would need to wait until I get to the 5 year mark, how does that work for documents if, say, I were to apply on 1 Feb? Are the docs also just to be within dated within 28 days of application, so the actual month on them doesn't matter?

Thanks all

The minimum is three sources altogether, not each.
It was a little different when we applied as the applications were still on paper but we used priority for ILR and had it granted before the 5 years were up, using the 28 day leeway that they give.
Documents must be dated within 28 days of the date of the application, as long as the full time period is covered, it doesn't matter which the most recent month is depending on how the dates fall.

• Liked: 4985
Re: ILR 28 days early plus super priority--application and doc dates
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 11:30:25 AM »
Yes, they can approve from 28 days before 5 year anniversary.  So no concern there.

Sponsored Links