Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Previously denied entry, what next?  (Read 3105 times)

• Liked: 3598
Re: Previously denied entry, what next?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2022, 07:10:40 PM »
1) Where do I book a biometrics appt?

You book it on the VFS Global website after you have submitted the online application for the visa - you will be given a visa reference number and directed to VFS Global to book biometrics and upload your supporting documents.

2) What is VFS global?

They are one of UKVI's commercial partners for overseas visa applications. They deal with booking biometrics and purchasing extra services for your application:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/gbr/apply-visa

3) Do they have online options? Would I have to travel out further for this stuff? I’m on the west coast

Biometrics are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI, so you can book your biometrics at any of the 129 USCIS Application Support Centers across the US... but it has to be booked through the VFS Global website.

Have a look here to see where your nearest one is:
https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc

4) How do you safely mail a passport?

Most people use UPS and you will need to include a UPS return label and suitable return packaging.

You can purchase pre-paid UPS return shipping ($45) and/or round trip shipping ($75) labels on the VFS Global website when you book biometrics:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/gbr/premium-services

You can also purchase priority processing on that page too.

5) Where are some application support centers?

See the link to the USCIS Application Support Center locator I posted just above :).

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 12:07:53 AM »
My employer can’t confirm my employment and time off in a letter. I asked if I could speak to someone in the district or come up with my own form but she denied both requests.

What do I do? I’m really at a loss. This is the one thing I needed to get the visa going. Please help

• Liked: 4991
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 12:42:19 PM »
Why will they not do that?

Does your employer have an online system?  Can you print off your approved holiday dates or email approving your time off?  And then include most recent payslips?

I’ve not heard of an employer not providing a letter though. Do you have an HR department?

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 07:58:24 AM »
My manager and my store manager both said they cannot provide confirmation of my employment. I have no idea why, other than they said they can’t.

I can try and get a copy of the dates that have been approve but the only place I can screen cap it is the work computers because that’s the only place I can access the program. (I’d screencap it and print through paint assuming they have it available) I can definitely print off payslips.

My manager did give me an HR number after a few hours after telling me she couldn’t do sh*t for me so that’s something I guess. I don’t know how much help they’ll be though and I don’t have all the time in the world to finish this visa.

Sorry for the grumpy undertones. I seriously hate my workplace.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2022, 08:01:26 AM »

I’ve not heard of an employer not providing a letter though. Do you have an HR department?

What would you tell HR if you were in my shoes?

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 08:29:52 AM »

I'd ask HR to write the letter.  And to clarify why the managers can't simply state the facts (You have holiday booked from xx to xx and are scheduled to return to work on xx.  You have been employed since xx and earn a salary/hourly rate of xx).  I mean, you aren't asking them to lie.  If someone was doing a mortgage application and needed to verify employment, who would they contact?  That should be who helps you.  Though definitely rude of your managers!!

• Liked: 108
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 08:34:11 AM »

The absolute truth. You're applying for a visa for visiting the UK and you need to provide evidence of ties to the US. This includes employment and approved time off with expectation to return on X date (or expected time duration off).

You're not asking your manager to provide anything that's untrue. "Am I employed by you?" Yes. "Are you allowing me this time off?" Yes. Then why not sign? They're either incompetent or an a-hole, or both.

HR will happily provide it I feel. Give them a call. It's totally unreasonable what your manager is refusing to do.

Edit: just seen KF's answer above. Sent as I was writing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:45:09 AM by Ben1989 »
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 08:55:49 PM »
I'd ask HR to write the letter.  And to clarify why the managers can't simply state the facts (You have holiday booked from xx to xx and are scheduled to return to work on xx.  You have been employed since xx and earn a salary/hourly rate of xx).  I mean, you aren't asking them to lie.  If someone was doing a mortgage application and needed to verify employment, who would they contact?  That should be who helps you.  Though definitely rude of your managers!!

Something my manager did mention especially was that her and the other managers would be unable to confirm pay stuff especially. If HR is unable to disclose that, should I print payslips as well?

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 09:38:55 PM »

The HR menu was completely robot. No humans to explain my situation too. I’ll ask my manager if she has an email or something that connects me to a human, but I’m not hopeful.

Would paystubs and a screencap of the days I have off be acceptable if I am unable to receive any assistance?

Thank you for your time

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2022, 07:08:40 AM »
Yes, payslips and screenshots of your time off work will be fine. Not as “personal” but will tick the box!

• Liked: 108
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2022, 08:15:19 AM »
Maybe try writing the letter first and all they have to do is sign? If they're 50/50 this might push them to do the letter
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2022, 01:01:17 PM »
Yes, payslips and screenshots of your time off work will be fine. Not as “personal” but will tick the box!

I managed to get an automated confirmation of employment letter online! Took a lot of work but I got it.

Today I also printed a few recent payslips and requested my final day off for my time off (when you get to the 2 weeks mark you have to wait a bit to trick the system).

When I get back to work I’ll screencap the proof of the time off and print it. From there my fiancé can write the visit letter and my mother will double check the bank statements so they match up with the rent letter.

I’m really happy things are looking up!

I’ll keep you updated and ask if I have any further questions. Thank you all so much for the continued support! I wouldn’t have come this far had it not been for you :-)

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2022, 01:03:48 PM »
Maybe try writing the letter first and all they have to do is sign? If they're 50/50 this might push them to do the letter

I offered this as soon as she refused typing up her own. She shot it down just as quick.

Luckily I have got a automated letter of sorts confiming my employment! Check my other reply :-)

Tysm for everything! I’ll keep you updated and ask if I have anymore questions. Have a nice day :-)

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2022, 05:35:26 AM »
You may be fine not applying in advance and just asking to be let in at the border, but applying in advance would give you peace of mind that you won't be refused entry when you arrive - you would know before you travel if you have been granted entry or not... which eases the stress of travelling. It would mean that you wouldn't end up spending hundreds of dollars and many hours on a flight, only to be refused entry and sent back home when you arrive in London.

The cost of the visitor visa isn't too much, only £95 for the visa application (which is valid 6 months and is multiple-entry), and it normally takes about 15 working days for the visa to be processed, though there are extra services you can pay for to give faster processing.

For example:
- Non-settlement visa priority processing costs £220 extra (currently $309) and gets the visa processed in 5 working days, though it may take a bit longer as you have had a previous refused entry (as they will need to look into the reason for refusal and check that you have addressed all the issues from last time

You would need to:
- gather up all the documents you've mentioned
- fill out an online application
- submit the application and pay for the visa
- book a biometrics appointment to give fingerprints and a photo
- upload your documents to the VFS Global website and purchase any extra services
- attend biometrics at an Application Support Centre
- mail your passport to New York for processing, with return packaging and shipping label included
- wait for the visa to be processed and your passport with visa inside to be mailed back to you

Round trip is usually cheaper than just a one-way ticket.  Just looking on Kayak.com now, and it looks like a round trip flight from Portland, OR to London in May (5th - 21st), leaving late morning, with one stop in the US and 1 checked bag included is about $800 total.

Yeah, you normally need to have a return ticket dated for the exact date you that you say you will leave... and they can check to see if you actually left on the date you said you would.

The main things that cause a refused entry are:
- no definite return ticket/ticket for onward travel somewhere else
- no evidence of ties to the US (evidence of a job/home/college you must go back to)
- not enough money to support yourself without working - they estimate you need about £60/day, so for a 4-month trip, you would have needed to show you had about $10,000 in your account... for a 2-week trip though, that would only be $1,120 needed... or if you are staying with a partner or a friend, they can show evidence that they have enough money to support you, if you don't have enough yourself.

Yeah, you'll probably be fine with a letter from your mum stating that you live with her and that you pay $200/month in rent :)

Hi there! Just wanted to check in

I’ve gathered up all of my paperwork but I don’t know if I’ll have the visa processed by my deadline (May 10th). I’m seriously considering requesting my vacation time be pushed back.

My host wrote up the letter just recently and I realize she wrote my birthday wrong but I also think the arrival and return dates need to be changed as mentioned before, I’m unsure if I’ll have the means to travel those days.

Would it be acceptable if I requested her to write “to visit me once her visitor visa has been approved”? Would this cause alarm bells?

If this is unacceptable, how far out should I push the dates back?

I appreciate your help. Have a lovely day :-)

Sponsored Links