Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US vs Uk products  (Read 4464 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: US vs Uk products
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2002, 05:54:17 AM »
.... Proctor & Gamble don't even list the UK as having a website for their products:
http://www.pg.com/common/global_splash.jhtml

Proctor and Gamble does have a global product list on their .com site, in the green box for US products, and it shows Noxzema as being sold in Europe.  Maybe they have bought into the idea that Britain is not in Europe, which of course it isn't. ::)
Richard

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2002, 10:27:27 AM »
[smiley=laugh4.gif] Yes, that's right. "That's not here; that's Europe."

Their reference to "Europe" is conveniently just a soft toehold in France, Denmark and Germany, and calling that "sold in Europe", which yes, technically it is. They pay enormous sums to their marketing deparment, and rightly so! I've only seen P&G Pharmeceuticals in the UK. So, I suppose you can rub the ingredients on your face. Wouldn't be as creamy, though.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• En Vino Veritas
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2002, 09:37:38 PM »
Peedal my dearest I'm sorry to say I have not been able to find Noxzema since moving here.
As 'queen of the pasty white people', Noxzema has been a staple in my house for sunburn relief for longer than I can remember. Since I can still turn pink on a grey English day, I've found that leaving Cali didn't mean I could leave Noxzema behind.
I've finally given up the search and am having it shipped over from the states now (along with Secret Platinum Protection deodorant ... for myself, the woman who can sweat like a man .. [smiley=blush.gif] )
Good luck with your hunting though I would strongly suggest Fedex as your best bet  ;D
Red
You're a daisy if you do........

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2002, 12:09:57 AM »
Maybe it's different in Scotland, but i've had no trouble finding Secret solid (stick) here in most supermarkets.  They do a pastel scent one and another one that has a sort of orangey-coloured flower on.  I could send some to anyone who needs it.

I'm going to check out that site that had the Noxema, though.. my last stash of it ran out over a year ago!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2002, 12:13:14 AM by t-mac »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab