Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Retiring to UK from US  (Read 1398 times)

• Liked: 0
Retiring to UK from US
« on: March 28, 2003, 04:36:31 PM »
I see that one must be 60 yrs of age to retire to UK with 25,000 income. Is there anyone one can still retire if they are only 53?  Thanks!

• Liked: 0
Re: Retiring to UK from US
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 07:03:33 PM »
I'm not sure what you are asking.  

What is your visa status?  Do you have ties to the UK?  Are you 53, and looking to "retire" to the UK?  Where did you get the "25,000" figure from? .... and is it $ or £?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 07:06:56 PM by Mr_Val »
Richard

Re: Retiring to UK from US
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 11:24:37 AM »
I see that one must be 60 yrs of age to retire to UK with 25,000 income. Is there anyone one can still retire if they are only 53?  Thanks!

If the home office is saying 60 then 60 it is, but you may be able to do it some other way like perhaps through work or as an extended visitor.  If you plan to retire from the police force in N'awlins at 53, maybe with your experience and such you could pick up on something here in the UK that is part time.  OR perhaps you could attempt to begin a consulting business here that deals in security issues.  Just a thought.  

The visitor thing...if you can prove that you have the means and such then you might be able to get an extended visitor visa.  I don't know how the UK would be about renewing it once it expires.  I think the longest visitor visa one can get is 2 years?  

All the best and hope it works out for you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab