Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Weight Watchers ---- again...  (Read 2522 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Weight Watchers ---- again...
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 03:18:31 PM »
Okay so who is with me?  I started 100% yesterday....Saturday, June 12th.

Went for a 20 min walk this am with the DH and dogs.

Goal weight loss: 5 stone
Mini Goal: 20 lbs (what I have gained since I left WW last time- that I had lost on WW. *sigh)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 06:29:14 PM »
Ooohh...add me to the list, too!   ;D

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 09:44:18 PM »
I'd like to join the WW bunch here as well!! I've lost a stone since January but have not been good lately and it's going to start creepig back on me if I'm not careful!!

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 10:21:08 AM »
i think i will make the promise to myself today to re-start my old workout... TODAY... no time like the present...right?  so ask me tomorrow if I did it...  guilt me if you must...lol
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 10:57:22 AM »
Hi, all, I'm back from my trip. I'd like to say I'm ready and raring to go but am waiting to talk to my doc as my feet swelled up on the plane trip back and have yet to go down. Still, this may only affect exercise right now and not diet.

Mfred... should we establish something more formal? A separate thread/chat etc... assuming Leah is able to accomodate this?

Everyone else... what would you like to see here? Could you post specifics so we can try to make this something for everyone?

So...I'd like to have a 'regular' meeting whether it's in a chat or just a day we all post with our progress. I should stress that this does not have to be only people doing 'true' WW. Perhaps we should make up our own name? I'd also like to continue to use this as a place to complain, boast, whine, cheer, etc. Also to share tips about anything diet related.

Let's hear from you all and see if we can get this going officially as soon as possible!  :D
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 11:06:20 AM »
ok, lets see what we can do...first off...what would everyone like to see from our little group...

do we want a specific chat time to accomodate everyone?
do we want a private board for just us to see?
do you wish to have some challenges added? they can be fun

let us know here your preferences and I will se what Leah can help us with...  I know she has company right now so it may take some time...but for now, we can continue here and find out exactly what we want out of this group.

I would like to also see a recipe share for foods with nutritian info added...

any and all ideas will be very helpful...  either post them here... or you may pm me.
depths of our soul!

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 02:54:11 PM »
I would love whatever we can do. I am doing okay..
day three so far and have gone walking every am -only for 20 mins but it is a start.

my weigh in day is Saturday as it keeps me good on Friday night and all through the week.  I can change that though.

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 03:32:29 PM »
i've been rocking out all week, that i can tell you.  i think the scale will show it tomorrow too!!!!  74 days to lose 10 lbs.......but in actuality i'd like to lose as much as possible by month end before my wedding dress fitting!

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 03:57:41 PM »
it's official i lost 5.2 lbs this week!  then again i was up a lot after my hen party and had 'time of month' but at least 2.5 of that was real weight loss!

i've been eating a salad every day for lunch with all kinds of things in it, chicken, corn, beans, artichokes, i mix it up with things and dressings so i don't get bored!  i've also been taking 8 mile walks and swimming a few times a week!

HOORAY it's paying off!

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »
Wow.. *EIGHT* miles??  that's some walking :)  good luck.  I would join in, but I don't have the motivation at all right now.  :-\\\\

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2004, 03:47:27 PM »
yeah, it was long but worth it!  :)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »
Add me to the list as well. Are there weekly meetings being done in the chat for this?  Is there an official UKY Shrinkers club?

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2004, 11:25:37 PM »
2.4 down this week!  Wanted more but considering the stress.... YEAH ME!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 09:25:51 AM »
Congrats to all of you who are making efforts and having success. I've had  a bit of an odd whirlwind... went up 4 pounds with water weight after Spain (feet and legs were swollen) but weighed myself a few days ago and was down - wait for it - 14 pounds!!! This would be including the water weight, but still! We think it's an abberation because the next day I was back up 2!. I'm so confused!

So I've officially decided that I have lost, since starting this thread, 5 pounds. This is becuase of what I have consistently weighed the last couple days.

So now....it's only onwards and, well, downwards!!

Shel... anything new on making this an official thread/room/etc? I liked Tebs' name idea  - UKY Shrinkers Club!  ;D
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 11:01:06 AM »
shrinkers club sounds good... 

I have been waiting to find out what everyone wants...  a weekly meeting? or a private board?  I shall email Leah to see about a private board when she has the time since she has family visiting.

btw, went to dr's last week...and seems I have lost half a stone since our last visit at the end of march...I shall take that as a good step in the right direction for now... but must get crackin on some real time weight loss.

depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab