Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Decent clumping cat litter  (Read 6049 times)

• Liked: 33
Decent clumping cat litter
« on: May 14, 2020, 03:10:18 PM »
After almost two years here in the UK, I have given up hope of finding a cat litter that clumps as well as the Arm and Hammer I used in America. Has anyone seen that brand over here? What do you guys recommend? My cat is indoors only (don’t get me started on the grief I’ve gotten from friends here for that!) so he uses the litter box about three times a day.

I hate cleaning it! Aargh! Mind you, I didn’t love cleaning it in America but without the Arm and Hammer rock-like clumps, it is a serious pain. 😫

Much appreciated.

• Liked: 958
Re: Decent clumping cat litter
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »
I use tigerino Canada fragrance free. Its not as good as the US brands, but it is pretty effective without making me or kitty sick. (I'm allergic to scents and she didn't get on with the wheat or pine based ones.)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 770
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »
After almost two years here in the UK, I have given up hope of finding a cat litter that clumps as well as the Arm and Hammer I used in America. Has anyone seen that brand over here? What do you guys recommend? My cat is indoors only (don’t get me started on the grief I’ve gotten from friends here for that!) so he uses the litter box about three times a day.

I hate cleaning it! Aargh! Mind you, I didn’t love cleaning it in America but without the Arm and Hammer rock-like clumps, it is a serious pain.

Much appreciated.
I miss Arm & Hammer cat litter.  I'm pretty sure I am the reason why Target stopped shipping with Borderfree after they ran a free shipping promotion and I ordered all the cat litter! Lol.

I've given up the search and we just use Catsan non clumping now.  My husband is in charge of cleaning the litter trays and he cleans them out 3 times a day usually. He doesn't like the clumping cat litter anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 04:49:38 PM »
... My husband is in charge of cleaning the litter trays and he cleans them out 3 times a day usually. He doesn't like the clumping cat litter anyway.

I can't even fathom that.  I rejoiced the first time I tried clumping litter back when I had a cat.  It is so much easier to keep the tray clean.  But if it's this hard to find over here, I guess it's good he doesn't like it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 04:56:08 PM »
I miss Arm and Hammer too... damn you Tami! ;D
It's been an eye opener looking for litter online during lockdown.. who pays £30 for one bag of the stuff?

I only buy the cheapest budget clumping kind because I go through a  lot of it. I have found that they are pretty much of a muchness honestly.
I love scooping the litter boxes though, find it very satisfying!  ;D

By the way, you will get no grief here over indoor cats. Most of us here on the forum keep ours indoors.  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:23:10 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:45:09 PM »
Costco has a decent clumping one in a green tub.  It’s the best I’ve found in the UK.

I miss Tidy Cats!

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 05:57:30 PM »
I can't even fathom that.  I rejoiced the first time I tried clumping litter back when I had a cat.  It is so much easier to keep the tray clean.  But if it's this hard to find over here, I guess it's good he doesn't like it.
We have 2 litter trays for the 2 cats. They are both upstairs now that Olive is bigger.  They are both jumbo size with a cover.  They are right next to each other in the extra bedroom.  The cats have, on their own,  decided that one is for pee and one is for poops.

And they let Stuart know when they poop and he goes and immediate cleans it out if he is home.  A lot of times,  if he has been gone for awhile, they wait until he comes home then they are right in there having a poop.  These cats are weird.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 06:03:21 PM »
We have 2 litter trays for the 2 cats. They are both upstairs now that Olive is bigger.  They are both jumbo size with a cover.  They are right next to each other in the extra bedroom.  The cats have, on their own,  decided that one is for pee and one is for poops.

And they let Stuart know when they poop and he goes and immediate cleans it out if he is home.  A lot of times,  if he has been gone for awhile, they wait until he comes home then they are right in there having a poop.  These cats are weird.

My cat wouldn't bury her poops.  And I guess she had a schedule that I wasn't home for during the week, because on Saturday mornings, I thought she was deliberately making a stink when she knew I was trying to sleep in after a busy week.  She and I had a fraught relationship.  Nobody gets to interrupt my lie-in... except that cat and her stinky poops.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 06:08:02 PM »
My cat wouldn't bury her poops.  And I guess she had a schedule that I wasn't home for during the week, because on Saturday mornings, I thought she was deliberately making a stink when she knew I was trying to sleep in after a busy week.  She and I had a fraught relationship.  Nobody gets to interrupt my lie-in... except that cat and her stinky poops.

Sobe doesn’t dig in the box.  Copper would spend 30 minutes moving all the sand from one side to the other, do her thing, and then bury it will allllllllll the sand.  Sobe would just her clean up after him (typical boy/girl relationship). ;)

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 06:23:02 PM »

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 06:27:22 PM »
Sobe doesn’t dig in the box.  Copper would spend 30 minutes moving all the sand from one side to the other, do her thing, and then bury it will allllllllll the sand.  Sobe would just her clean up after him (typical boy/girl relationship). ;)
Scratching the side of the box for half an hour when you are trying to sleep!!!

• Liked: 425
Decent clumping cat litter
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
George is strictly indoors!! You wouldn’t just turn your dog out in the streets, but people here think it’s mandatory for cats.
P.S. He even tries to use the wall to cover.....not too swift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 958
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 09:47:49 PM »
George is strictly indoors!! You wouldn’t just turn your dog out in the streets, but people here think it’s mandatory for cats.

Elly does the same. She buries it, then continues pawing at the cover, at the floor outside, at the floor by her food dish and so on. No more stinky poos since she started steroids for IBD though!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 09:50:27 PM »

No way, no how are my babies going to go outside.  They are perfectly happy inside.  They have lots of toys and dedicated play time. 

Olive just got spayed yesterday. She started her heat cycle the week before and Pedro Felix was a champ and bred her which forced her into ovulation so she only drove us mental for a couple of days.  Pedro Felix is neutered and has never bred before. 

• Liked: 14
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:43 AM »
I order mine online from zoo plus..

I swear by Golden Grey Master..

Its a fine clumping litter that clumps well and helps control odours as it has a slight but not overpowering scent.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab