Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: cream vs. lowfat milk  (Read 1215 times)

• this is dedicated to the one i love
  • Liked: 0
cream vs. lowfat milk
« on: March 04, 2004, 02:06:44 PM »
Lowfat diets say only drink lowfat milk.

Lowcarb diets proscribe only cream.

What the heck is a girl supposed to do?!

• Liked: 2
Re: cream vs. lowfat milk
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 03:12:48 PM »
she's supposed to eat whatever the hell she likes!!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 03:29:42 PM »
i find both to be equally enjoyable, so that being the case, i would rather chose the healthier option.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 03:33:41 PM »
she's supposed to eat whatever the hell she likes!!

That would have been my answer!  I do NOT worry about dieting.  I'm fat and happy - and my husband is fine with that!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 03:39:56 PM »
Well....stick mainly to low fat -your heart will thank you for it in the long run and treat yourself to creme every now and then.

Bottom line with any diet...... stick with what works for you and something you can live with.  It is all simple math my dears....calories in calories out....even with low carb.

I honeslty think that low carb works because it cuts out so much of the crap we eat.  Like chips and snacks and sugars.  
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Give me some ribs...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 06:26:05 PM »
I say have whatever you want ...in moderation.
Hey i've lost 35 lbs doing that...and still losing. Yep counting calories works for me...and i eat whatever-it's great!

I find the more i try to eat "healthy" (steamed chick/veggies, salads etc..)the more i want to eat since it is sooo frustrating to maintain eatting healthy ALL the time...well for me anyway.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 06:30:42 PM »
;D
I say have whatever you want ...in moderation.
Hey i've lost 35 lbs doing that...and still losing. Yep counting calories works for me...and i eat whatever-it's great!

I find the more i try to eat "healthy" (steamed chick/veggies, salads etc..)the more i want to eat since it is sooo frustrating to maintain eatting healthy ALL the time...well for me anyway.

Agreed.  I think it's really all about moderation.  You can pretty much have whatever you want, as long as you don't do it too often or go overboard.  As well as coupled with a bit of exercise.  The more restrictions I put on myself, the more I want something I know I can't have.  Strict dieting.. or even dieting for that matter, has never worked for me.   :-/ ;D

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 08:23:44 PM »
I drink milk on low-carb, whole milk, but not by the gallon.
I think whole mils tastes YUM MEE.
HATE the skim crap!!!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 09:55:27 PM »

I drink milk on low-carb, whole milk, but not by the gallon.  
I think whole mils tastes YUM MEE.  
HATE the skim crap!!!

Oh I agree the whole  milk in the UK tastes fresh and creamy,yummmy

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 11:03:08 PM »
the funny thing is that i dont even like milk.  the sight of a glass of milk makes me feel ill.  i only take milk or cream in my tea or use it in cooking curries - i guess the small amount i use wouldn't make any difference if it is cream or lowfat or whole or anything for that matter. ::)

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 11:20:49 PM »
I'm sure this is a long shot.. but they don't have (h)orchatta over there by any chance do they?  For any who don't know, it's a sort of mexican or spanish rice drink.  Kind of sweet ricey milk.  I've been craving the stuff like mad lately and it just occured to me that it's likely not found in the UK.  

(sorry for the off-topic post, just didn't think it was worthy of its own thread ;))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 11:21:48 PM by Terinth »

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 11:22:43 PM »
I'm sure this is a long shot.. but they don't have (h)orchatta over there by any chance do they?  

Not even at Lupe Pintos, sadly.   :'(

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 11:24:40 PM »
Not even at Lupe Pintos, sadly.    :(

I was afraid not.. I guess while I'm there, I'll have to make my own when a craving sets in.  Not that it's difficult to make, I'm just that lazy  ;D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 11:27:54 PM »
The only Horchata I have seen there is from Spain, but it's a different beast than the one in LA.  It's made out of a nut called the chufi.  It's odd at first, but you grow to love it ice cold on a hot night!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 05:43:16 PM »
i'm pretty sure that there is some types of Rice milk available here in the UK...  i am not sure of which brands make it, though.  

unfortunately, most good Mexican products are no where to be found on this island...  :'(   (yet.)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Sponsored Links