Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Popeye's is Coming!!!!!!!!  (Read 5902 times)

• Liked: 770
Re: Popeye's is Coming!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2021, 08:55:33 AM »
Actually I was just thinking that I may not know all that much about Popeye's .  My area of expertise is Bojangle's .  It's just chicken and biscuits right?  If they don't have biscuits then sh*t is gonna hit the fan.
Spicy chicken and biscuits. Spicy seafood as well. Shrimp poboys and fish sandwiches. Think Cajun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2023, 08:46:07 AM »
Just saw that they've opened a Popeye's in Richmond, just a 10 minute bike ride from my house.  Looked at the menu and they've only got ONE biscuit item, and that's just a biscuit with honey.  It's on the list to try soon. 

• Liked: 681
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2023, 04:39:04 PM »
oooo biscuits.  That sounds really nice right now. :)

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2023, 05:11:33 PM »
oooo biscuits.  That sounds really nice right now. :)
I made a big American breakfast for the people I support and my colleagues on Friday. (about 20 people) Waffles, French toast, biscuits and sausage gravy, home fries, shredded hash browns, grits, corn bread, sausage frittata...

Everyone LOVED the sausage gravy and the home fries. I think those were the favourites this time around.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 5
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2023, 11:08:35 AM »
They've had a Popeye's up here in Newcastle at the Metro Centre for a while now, and I go there very often. Way better than any other fried chicken you can get in the UK, particularly KFC, which is just terrible and I avoid at all costs. Was really hoping for some 'real' American style fried chicken and my prayers were answered ha ha. They also have a Wingstop up here as well now, so I'm more than content with what's on offer. The food in the UK has certainly improved exponentially since I first came here over 15 years ago and it definitely isn't just London that's benefiting !!!

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2023, 10:26:40 AM »
I'm still waiting for the Popeye's in Glasgow to open.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2023, 05:49:52 PM »
They've had a Popeye's up here in Newcastle at the Metro Centre for a while now, and I go there very often. Way better than any other fried chicken you can get in the UK, particularly KFC, which is just terrible and I avoid at all costs. Was really hoping for some 'real' American style fried chicken and my prayers were answered ha ha. They also have a Wingstop up here as well now, so I'm more than content with what's on offer. The food in the UK has certainly improved exponentially since I first came here over 15 years ago and it definitely isn't just London that's benefiting !!!
   We finally made it to the Popeye's in Richmond.  The kids liked it but it didn't meet my memory of Bojangle's.  Strangely, they did sell a lonely little biscuit, so I bought one of those, added mayonnaise and laid a chicken tender across it.  Sort of like home. Needed sausage.

I agree that it's better than KFC.  The menu seemed heavy with £5 milkshakes, kind of like 5 guys.  I guess I'll go back if I'm in the area

• Liked: 585
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2023, 04:39:16 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Popeye's in Glasgow to open.

There's meant to be one opening in Barrhead, but i don't know when.  i want it NOW!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2023, 04:53:51 PM »

That's a 3.5 hour drive for me, but i would consider doing it!!

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2023, 08:14:05 AM »
Popeye's in Barrhead (just outside of Glasgow) is opening 18 September!!!  ;D

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2023, 08:47:12 AM »
They seem to be opening up all over the place

• Liked: 325
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2023, 09:32:50 PM »
Popeye’s opened in Manchester 2 weeks ago.  My husband had to go to Manchester and I cajoled him into bringing some home.  The menu isn’t as big as in Jacksonville, but the spicy chicken was just as I remembered.  Biscuits and gravy and I was a happy woman.

• Liked: 681
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2023, 10:33:53 PM »
Oh, man... biscuits and gravy sounds soooo good. But I'm too lazy to make them and it's already pitch black out (at 5:30pm - like being home in Scotland!), and the nearest Popeye's is in a, let us say, not good part of town.  Some day next week, though....  ;D

Instead, I'm about go go make a nice chickenfried steak with cream gravy and french fries to go with it.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 08:53:38 PM by Nan D. »

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2024, 01:41:46 PM »
Been to the Popeyes in Barrhead twice now, and while the chicken is fine, the biscuits are just.... hockey pucks.  Very disappointing.   Anyone remember the big fluffy layered biscuits they used to have in KFC (in the US) back in the 70's/80's?  That's what i was hoping for/expecting.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab