Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Still waiting for that elusive ILR  (Read 3763 times)

• Liked: 0
Still waiting for that elusive ILR
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »
Posted my application on Set(O) end august and still waiting ...will be seven weeks soon!

Just wondering if the wait times for Set (O) are similar to those of Set(M)?  If so I reckon I will have to wait at least 9 weeks?

It's so frustrating and I am not even sure if I will be able to make it to New York for thanksgiving this year!

Re: Still waiting for that elusive ILR
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
Oh my that is a LONG wait...I'm so sorry that it is taking that long for you, the waiting is the WORST.  stay patient and sane though...here's to hopin' that you will be able to go home for Thanksgiving!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:49:19 PM »
I'm assuming the wait is similar to that for SET(M), but don't know for sure. 

A friend of mine sent in her SET(O) on September 1st...she's right behind you, and still waiting anxiously...
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:29:19 PM »
I sent my ILR (SET M) in July and I'm still waiting. It has been 11 1/2 weeks now. :-\\\\
I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
I sent my ILR (SET M) in July and I'm still waiting. It has been 11 1/2 weeks now. :-\\\\

That's a really really long time!!  Hope you hear good news soon!

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »
Over 7 weeks now..and still waiting ..so frustrating!

Anyone received their ILR of late?

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »

You may want to let Vicky know, she asked to hear of those who have been waiting longer than 8 weeks.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 05:05:52 PM »
I sent my SET(M) in around Auguest 28th, and am still waiting as of October 18th.  I wonder if the new documentation changes have thrown a spanner in the works.  Has anyone in this thread heard back yet (just so we can get a bead on what the current turnaround time is)?

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
I sent my SET(M) in around Auguest 28th, and am still waiting as of October 18th.  I wonder if the new documentation changes have thrown a spanner in the works.  Has anyone in this thread heard back yet (just so we can get a bead on what the current turnaround time is)?

I still haven't and I sent mine in a month before you.  >:(

I know there have been other people, though, who sent theirs in a matter of days before me and they've had theirs back for some time now.
I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »
Kayla, is yours a complicated case/application? 

Let us know when you get your ILR.

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »
Kayla, is yours a complicated case/application? 

Let us know when you get your ILR.

Not that I was aware of, I thought it was rather straight forward  :-\\\\

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »
Kayla, I have read on other forums that you can contact the complaints department at UKBA, the details are on the contact page of the UKBA website.  Alternatively, you may wish to contact them after 14 weeks?

I am going on into 8 weeks soon and I'm getting more and more frustrated by the day!

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 06:37:49 PM »
Kayla, I have read on other forums that you can contact the complaints department at UKBA, the details are on the contact page of the UKBA website.  Alternatively, you may wish to contact them after 14 weeks?

I am going on into 8 weeks soon and I'm getting more and more frustrated by the day!

Well from reading the Home Office website, it would appear that you're not allowed to contact them before 14 weeks has passed because anything before that time is within their published turnaround times :( So if I don't receive it in the next 2 weeks I'll definitely be phoning up then. Just frustrating having to wait this long! I hope you hear something soon!

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 06:51:51 PM »
Sorry to hijack but if it's taking this long to get your ILR, can you work in the meantime even after your visa has run out?  I have to apply for mine at the end of next month and my visa is valid until the 23rd December.  So now I am starting to worry whether I can continue to work if it takes longer than 4 weeks to be processed..

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
Sorry to hijack but if it's taking this long to get your ILR, can you work in the meantime even after your visa has run out?  I have to apply for mine at the end of next month and my visa is valid until the 23rd December.  So now I am starting to worry whether I can continue to work if it takes longer than 4 weeks to be processed..

Yes you can. From the Home Office website:

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab