Old Date--No longer Available
4 (22.2%)
Sunday March 20
2 (11.1%)
Saturday March 26
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 11, 2011, 07:19:07 PM

Topic: Northwest Get Together  (Read 2842 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Northwest Get Together
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
I vote Manchester City Centre and the 26! I did the poll but forgot to vote for the date.  :)

I am very interested but I will only be able to go if it falls on the weekend of the 26 so wont get my hopes up until the date is confirmed.

Jenn, you must go! It will be great to see you x
"When life gives you lemons, squirt the juice in the eyes of your enemies"

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
I vote Manchester City Centre and the 26! I did the poll but forgot to vote for the date.  :)

I am very interested but I will only be able to go if it falls on the weekend of the 26 so wont get my hopes up until the date is confirmed.
Okay-- consider this as confirming the date then :)

Saturday the 26th in Manchester City Center it is!! Times for everyone? I am a morning person, but I know not everyone is...so chime in with your suggested time..on the weekend a make a new thread with all the exact details. Very glad there is so much interest!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »
I'd say round mid-morning/afternoon-ish. About 10 or 11am onwards?
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
I'd vote an early afternoon time. It takes a while to drive into Manchester from Liverpool. Is there a spot in the city center we are meeting?
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
Jenn, you must go! It will be great to see you x

Aw, thanks! It will be good to see you too.  :)

Okay-- consider this as confirming the date then :)

Saturday the 26th in Manchester City Center it is!! Times for everyone? I am a morning person, but I know not everyone is...so chime in with your suggested time..on the weekend a make a new thread with all the exact details. Very glad there is so much interest!

Thank you for that HG! Since a few of us have to travel a fair distance I think anything after 11am for a meet up is good. What does everyone want to do? Should we plan on lunch? I know of a really great place for Tapas. El Rincon, It's off the beaten path but its worth it!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
I have a baby that needs me around 6 pm, so early afternoon is best. We could go for lunch somewhere, maybe something like...um, oh, I don't know. Spinningfields? There is a Giraffe there, that would make everyone happy maybe! Or a GBK, and a Greggs...lol Or somewhere more central...closer to Picadilly? Carluccios? Piccolinos? China Town?

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
Early afternoonish for me, and a pub would suit me fine...

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
I just might be able to pop down on the train! I will check out some prices so mayyyybeeeee
edit:
Side thought maybe I can grab the DH and kids and head down for the night..Meet up with you lovely ladies for lunch and then maybe stay down with the famdamily hummmmmm

will need to research
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:23:42 AM by ChillyWilly »

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »
I just might be able to pop down on the train! I will check out some prices so mayyyybeeeee
edit:
Side thought maybe I can grab the DH and kids and head down for the night..Meet up with you lovely ladies for lunch and then maybe stay down with the famdamily hummmmmm

will need to research

I hope it works out for you! I'll plan on staying the weekend since we have family near by. Now I just have to tell DH.... ;D

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »
I told DH about the meet up and that I wanted to go. I'm going and he will be coming too. (to Manchester that is not necessarily the meet up) Is anyone else bringing their OH? My husband has loads of friends and family within a 20 minute drive of city centre so it's not like he wont have a place to go if he doesn't come with me! I'm not that mean to just ditch him!  :P

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
I told DH about the meet up and that I wanted to go. I'm going and he will be coming too. (to Manchester that is not necessarily the meet up) Is anyone else bringing their OH? My husband has loads of friends and family within a 20 minute drive of city centre so it's not like he wont have a place to go if he doesn't come with me! I'm not that mean to just ditch him!  :P
Talked to DH about it and he seems interested in going as well..maybe not the kids as he says he hasnt been in years...maybe a night out ;-)
Maybe Jenn we could hook all of us for drinks that night if we can get up there

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
A night out sounds FAB!!! Chilly and the hubster should definitely make plans for the weekend ;D. I mentioned it to my DH again and looks like he is coming as well. I know the meet up is going to be in the afternoon but if any one else is interested we could also have drinks later in the evening for those of us that are able too.

Does anyone have any more ideas of where we can meet?

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »
Does anyone have any more ideas of where we can meet?
I was talking to a couple of people at work today and they suggested the following:
http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-ford-madox-brown
Advantages:
easy to get to from train stations and parking not too far
Inexpensive menu for those on a budget
Lots of space and environment to be able to hang out and chat

Let me know you what you think

• unabridged opinions
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
Hmm, that pub's right near where I live, but not really in the nicest  bit of Manchester (not dangerous, just there's a Tesco Metro/gym/residence hall to the right and Curry Mile to the left and loads of students everywhere as it's right near a bunch of halls for the Uni)--and it's actually about a 20 minute + walk from the train station.   It might be better to meet somewhere in town. The Oyster Bar is right near the Arndale centre and quite reasonably priced, places to sit outside and etc. I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but I thought you guys might want to know.

edited to add: DH says that they do a decent full English breakfast there (or they did the last time he went a year or so ago!). So that's a plus!

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
What about Exchange Square? There are pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, the Manchester Wheel, cathedral, and Triangle shopping centre, all within a 5-15 minute walk if I remember correctly. It's near Victoria Station.

Sponsored Links