Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement appeal  (Read 3323 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Settlement appeal
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »
This is what I put:

We would like to settle in the uk for a better life for our family, for our daughter to grow up around family, more time together and to enjoy this wonderful country.

Please let me know if you think this is too much.

Thanks

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
No, that sounds pretty good :). Though I might take out 'this wonderful country'... sounds a bit like you're trying too hard :P.

I didn't want you to just put a ton of reasons because you think it will make your application sound better, rather than just being honest :).

Though rather than 'we would like' you can be more straightforward:

'We are choosing to settle in the UK for a better life for our family and so our daughter can grow up closer to family.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
this is my letter in its entirety, please advise, thank you.

I am writing as wife and sponsor for my husband's visa application.

I am a citizen of the UK, born in Newmarket Suffolk in 1970, I hold a UK passport and birth certificate.

We meet the financial requirement as my husband is retired US Air Force and receives and annual retirement pension of $25,656.60 from he US government.

We will temporarily live with my father.  He has a 2 bed, house with 1 bathroom, living room and dining room.  There will be 3 adults and a 10 year old living there until we find a home of our own to rent.

My husband and I met in 1999 in Maryland and married in 2003 in Virginia.

We keep in touch everyday by Facebook Messenger and call via FaceTime at least once a week.  My husband just recently came for a short visit.

We are choosing to settle in the UK for a better life for our family and so our daughter can grow up closer to family.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of my husband's application.

Kind regards, etc.....

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
Looks pretty good, although I would mention also that you lived together in the US between 1999/2003 and 2016. Otherwise it reads as though you've never lived in the same country together and have been communicating by Facebook and FaceTime since 1999 (and they didn't even exist then).

You also need to include evidence of your relationship from 1999 to 2017... so evidence of living together in the US, by way of annual tax returns, house deeds, mortgage statements etc.

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 11:50:38 AM »
A slightly revised version of your letter:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to sponsor my husband's application for a settlement visa as the spouse of a UK citizen.

I am a UK citizen and lived in England from birth to (year you moved to the US). I then lived in the US from X year and returned to the UK on Y date.

We meet the financial requirement under Category E: Pension Income as my husband is retired US Air Force and receives and annual retirement pension of $25,656.60 from the US government. He has been receiving his pension since Z date and we are including evidence of this.

Once the visa has been granted, will temporarily live with my father at (his address), which he owns. It is a 2 bedroom house with 1 bathroom, a living room and dining room.  There will be 3 adults and a 10 year old living there until we find a home of our own to rent. I am including his Land Registry document and a letter of permission from him.

My husband and I met in 1999 in Maryland (say how you met - why you were in the US) and married in 2003 in Virginia, where we lived together until (date). We have one daughter, born on (date) who is a UK citizen and therefore not included in the financial requirements. I returned to the UK on (date) so I could prepare for us to move back to the UK permanently as a family.

Since my return to the UK, we have kept in touch everyday by Facebook Messenger and call via FaceTime at least once a week.  My husband just recently came for a short visit from X to Y dates. We are choosing to settle in the UK for a better life for our family and so our daughter can grow up closer to family.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of my husband's application.

Kind regards, etc.....

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2017, 11:54:26 AM »
Brilliant, thank you, I will rewrite it.

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2017, 12:54:16 PM »
and the letter from my dad giving us permission to stay there, thank you!

To the ECO

I am writing on behalf of my son-in-law Adam Fogarty and his application for a settlement visa of a UK citizen.

Once his visa has been granted, he has my permission to reside at my home along with my daughter and granddaughter until they find suitable accommodation of there own to rent.  They can stay with me for as long as they need.

I have a 2 bedroom house with 1 bathroom, a living room and dining room.  There will be 3 adults and one 10 year old living here.  I have enclosed my Land Registry document for your records.

Kind regards, etc...

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 01:11:19 PM »
A few points:

- he's put 'settlement visa of a UK citizen'... which makes no sense. I'd just go with 'settlement visa' and delete the 'of a UK citizen'.

- he's written 'of there own' instead of 'of their own'.

- Also, he is not writing 'on behalf' of anyone... because that implies that it's Adam who owns the house, not him and he is writing the letter because Adam can't physically do it.

It would probably be better if he puts 'I own a 2-bedroom...' rather than 'I have a 2-bedroom...'

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 01:16:08 PM »
Suggested revisions:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing in support of the accommodation requirement for my son-in-law Adam Fogarty's settlement visa application.

After his visa has been granted, he has my permission to reside at my home along with myself, my daughter and granddaughter until they find suitable accommodation of their own to rent.  They can stay with me for as long as they need. (Optional: he can add whether he will be charging you any rent or bills)

I own a 2 bedroom house with 1 bathroom, a living room and dining room at the following address: (give address).  There will be 3 adults and one 10 year old residing in the property, meaning it will not be overcrowded. I have enclosed my Land Registry document (Optional: and latest mortgage statement) as proof of my ownership of the property.

Kind regards, etc...

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »
It has taken FOREVER for my husband's certified bank statements to come through, he still hasn't received them.  My dads deed and my passport copies were both certified on May 4, 2017 which was quite a while ago, do I need to get new copies certified or will these be okay.  He is hoping the bank statements will be in the mail tomorrow, if they are, he will file the application tomorrow as well.  I'm a little worried that the certified documents will be to old by the time we send the paperwork in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
It has taken FOREVER for my husband's certified bank statements to come through, he still hasn't received them.  My dads deed and my passport copies were both certified on May 4, 2017 which was quite a while ago, do I need to get new copies certified or will these be okay.  He is hoping the bank statements will be in the mail tomorrow, if they are, he will file the application tomorrow as well.  I'm a little worried that the certified documents will be to old by the time we send the paperwork in.

The financial documents need to be dated within 28 days of the online application, so if the most recent of the bank statements is any older than this, you will need to replace them.

Will his bank not stamp them? This is acceptable for visa purposes if they are not original, ie printed from online.

Your dad's deeds and your passport copy do not need to be updated.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:35:56 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 210
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »

In our case, my wife had to go into the bank local branch, talk with the manager, and spend hours convincing them that they needed stamped statements. It was a mess, but she went home with statements in hand.

Maybe worth a try?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
Getting my husbands application ready to file, I have a few questions that are on the application:

How long do you plan on staying in the UK?

We have a daughter but she is here with me and is a British citizen, does he need to include her on the application?

I am already here, under the question: is you spouse travelling with you, no do we still need to put my passport information?

His mother left when he was 7 and he hasn't seen her since and we have no information on her, can he leave this blank or should he write and explanation?

Thank you.

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
1. You can put either permanently or indefinitely

2. Only if the application asks if you have any children

3. I think you need the passport information anyway, because they have to confirm you are a UK citizen and therefore qualified to be his sponsor. You will be sending a copy of your passport photo page anyway, so presumably they will check that the number on the form with the number on the copy you send

I would either leave it blank or make a note that her info is unknown (if it will let him) and then he can explain it either in the additional information section, on a separate sheet or in a cover letter. The reason they ask for his parents' information is to make sure he does not already have claim to UK citizenship.

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »
Sorry, just want to make sure all is correct.

On the financial appendix, my husband would have to make more with having a dependent child.  Our daughter is a UK citizen and I didn't think he had to claim her as dependent since she was a UK citizen.  Under the dependent child question it asks if anymore children are travelling with you, he doesn't have any dependent children travelling with him as she is already here.

Thanks again,
Emma

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab