Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP!!!! Have my visa interview tomorrow!!  (Read 916 times)

• MySpace Page
  • Liked: 0
HELP!!!! Have my visa interview tomorrow!!
« on: March 15, 2006, 07:03:19 PM »
I'm applying for the proposed civil partnership visa tomorrow at the embassy in New York, and though my boyfriend and me are fairly sure we have our documents all together, I'm just wondering if anyone who's been through the interview can tell me if I've got ample evidence.

What I have is as follows:

1. Letters from my boyfriend and I describing our relationship and intentions
 2. Letters of suport from his and my parents
 3. His parents' mortgage statement (as we'll be staying there for a short time), showing ownership of the property where we'll live for the first couple of weeks
 4. 4 or 5 emails dating back to our meeting almost 2 years ago
 5. Captioned pictures dating back nearly two years
 6. Numerous online flight receipts confirming both the dates he lived with me in New Jersey and my visits
 7. His first payslip from his new job (he just got back from a 90-day stay with me in December '05, and was not employed until February of this year)
 8. A letter from his employer confirming his employment
 9. His last bank statement (showing less than 20 pounds in the bank, sadly)
10. A notarized copy of his passport
11. Proof of my IRA rollover funds being wire transferred to my bank account, accompanied by a bank statement that shows my savings of over $15,000 (which I'm hoping they'll see as proof of my being able to support myself before we're united)
12. And, of course, the $494 fee.

Any comments and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!!
   -Khalil

• Does my bum look big in this?
Re: HELP!!!! Have my visa interview tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 07:08:30 PM »
Good luck with your interview!  The only thing I'm wondering about is if they'll want more than just the latest bank statement.  I included my past three months worth of statements with the visa apps for my kids.
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »
Actually it sounds like you are quite prepared.  I don't know much about the civil partnership area but from what you have listed it sounds a like everything I had to go through for my spousal visa.  If in doubt always have more than you need.   I presented my documents all nice together  in a folder and they were impressed just by the organization of it.  I know they list items with comments like within the last 3 months but I inluded some that dated further back just in case. If you have $15,000 as a savings that should well more than enough. I had $5000 saved up and they were quite happy with that.  More than anything they will just want to make sure you have everything listed on the required documets and that you are not going to mooch off the UK government To be honest, they didn't even ask for some of them. I had to ask them if they wanted it. I am not sure where you are going for your interview but mine was in Chicago.  The interview for me wasn't much of anything. I stood in line and when was called up to the window handed over the requred documents as well as my husbands passport (which he mailed back to the states for me).  They told me to come back 4 hours later and I was approved. I would strongly suggest paying in cash and having the exact amount.  Hope that helps!
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:15:26 PM »
Yes- we included both of our statements from the last 3 months as well as everything else you mentioned. I have a phone interview with the NY office in 45 mins. I will re-post and let you know how it goes. I am really nervous and starting to sweat over here....
"The only way to rid a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde

• MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »
Thanks for all your help.
Hopefully, I won't faint at the window.  That'd be embarrassing.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 08:32:24 PM »
LOL!  You won't faint.

Best of luck Khalil.  You seem to be well prepared.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 08:33:20 PM »
Good luck good luck I have everything crossed I hope you get it or got it

Sonya and Chris

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »
Ok- here's an update. I just had my telephone interview and I don't think I have ever been that nervous in my life. It was with a man named Nile who was really nice. He asked me the basic questions- how did we meet? Where? How long have we've been physically together etc??? We hung up and 1 hour later I got an approval via email!
YAYAYAYAYA

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 09:28:38 PM »
Congrats Cam!

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 09:54:14 PM »
It was with a man named Nile who was really nice.

Nigel.   :P

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:53 PM »
That is fantastic news congrats so you will be over very shortly have a good flight.
 :D

Sonya and Chris

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:11:43 PM »
Yes I will be there March 27th!
YAY

• MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »
Got my visa yesterday!!!!  It was easier than chewing gum.  The interviewer was extremely nice... and asked for less than half of the evidence I'd brought...

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08:28 PM »
LOL!  Great news ;D

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 08:14:21 PM »
Great news!  Congrats!
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab