Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has anyone used the QM2?  (Read 964 times)

• Liked: 0
Has anyone used the QM2?
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:33:21 AM »
I have a wonderful pug named Stewie. And just like everyone else.... he's our baby.

Ok, so here is the thing, we are looking into moving and found that most airlines do not take pugs due to their noses (breathing issues). So I think he's going to have to go via ship. Has anyone used the QM2? I really would like to know what the kennels are actually like. I called their sales office and of course, they told me how fabulous it was. :)

So I'm looking for a real oppinion.

If its not with the QM2, I'm not sure how I'm going to get Stewie into the UK.   :-[

TIA!   

• Does my bum look big in this?
Re: Has anyone used the QM2?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:16:41 AM »
I have sailed on the QM2, but didn't use their kennels.  Funnily enough, they thought the kids should bunk w/me!  ;)

There was someone else on this forum that sailed at the same time I did (calle, maybe?) and brought pets w/her.  She seemed very pleased with the whole experience.  From a 'human' standpoint, I enjoyed myself immensely and would do it again in a heartbeat.  Too bad I can't afford to travel that way all the time!

Modified to add - here's a quote from calle...

About the QM2. It turned out to be the best thing for us. Six magnificant days and they treated the pets wonderfully. It ended up being cheaper for us as we got a 'quad' cabin ( hubby and I and two kids in one cabin). really good deal and the dogs are a flat 500 us dollars each no matter the weight and cats are 300. each. they provide the food and anything else they need and there are 8 times daily you can spend time with them. so most of the day really. But if you are doing something else they will walk your doggy for you. They got really spoilt as they got attention from everyone. My dog, Cocoa didnt understand why I wasnt with him at night as he sleeps with me, but he did alright and was perfectly happy. If I remember correctly it was right aroung four thousand total and that was for the three pets, four of us, and all the carry on luggage that we wanted. Not to mention fabulous food and six days of pure bliss, with entertainment and being treated like royalty. It was great!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:22:15 AM by incurable.gadabout »
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:52:31 PM »
My favorite airline is Lufthansa, and so far they still allow you to keep your small pet with you in the cabin if you make the arrangements in advance....Just a thought

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 05:14:47 PM »
My favorite airline is Lufthansa, and so far they still allow you to keep your small pet with you in the cabin if you make the arrangements in advance....Just a thought

I thought about them, but unfortunately they are not one of the "approved" airline routes from Defra. (Damm, that would have been perfect.) Thank you for the idea though!

I mean there are not approved from the States. ( I just found out that they are approved from Germany) Sorry!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 05:27:23 PM by Amery »

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »
Thank you incurable gadabout! I have just emailed calle a bunch of questions. :)

I have sailed on the QM2, but didn't use their kennels.  Funnily enough, they thought the kids should bunk w/me!  ;)

There was someone else on this forum that sailed at the same time I did (calle, maybe?) and brought pets w/her.  She seemed very pleased with the whole experience.  From a 'human' standpoint, I enjoyed myself immensely and would do it again in a heartbeat.  Too bad I can't afford to travel that way all the time!

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 05:18:10 AM »

As far as I know, it is illegal to transport a pet into Britain if it's in the cabin with you. (Alas.)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab