Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Crazy/Dumb/Silly Question...and I'm frustated!!!  (Read 1372 times)

• My Myspace Page
  • Liked: 0
Re: Crazy/Dumb/Silly Question...and I'm frustated!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 10:26:03 PM »
Well if you'd said all this to start with..... ::)

You said 'keepsake certificate', as if it were a frivolous momento. It sounds to me that what you have there is legal proof you are married.

Vicky

"frivolous momento" uuumm.....errrrr...uuuuhhh...what I have might fit into that catagory!  ::)

• My Myspace Page
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 10:28:05 PM »
And here is the email I received from the Issuance office:

Vital Records - Issuance  to me
  More options   12:33 pm(1 hour ago)

I received your fax yesterday and sent a memo to data entry for them to expedite processing of the marriage certificate.  In order to get a verification letter you would need to place a request by mail and send the $10.00 fee.  Unfortunately processing of a verification letter would take the same amount of time as processing the marriage certificate.  The verification letter is based on the information on the marriage certificate and since the marriage certificate is not available yet we couldn't do the letter without it.  Hopefully data entry will be able to process the marriage certificate within the next few days and we can mail the certificate to you. 

Kind regards,

Issuance Section/gs

• My Myspace Page
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 06:10:04 PM »
Dang it! It's never ending, isn't it? So, I just completed my application and received my list of things to bring with me to my interview, What is this?

* Immigration status (Original not copy):e.g. Permanent residence card, Valid I-94 H1-B - L-1 - B-1 I-20 (Signed on reverse side) IAP-66 Employment authorization card with advance parole document

Do I need this if I'm a US citizen? I didn't see these forms on the https://www.britainusa.com website?

help! Again!! pppllleeeaaassseee...  ::)

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 11:00:30 PM »
Do I need this if I'm a US citizen?

No :)  It doesn't apply to you- don't worry about it.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Married March 21,2005!!!
    • My Myspace page
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 03:10:02 AM »
Girl you just need to relax. IF i were you. I would bring all your info about ur marriage. It didnt take me TOO long to get my certificate in the mail. I dont remember. but i do know  I had my marriage license with me. Do you have that?
 Do you know your witnesses? Perhaps a letter from each just stating they were  there to attend the occisaon could help.  AND PICTURES! GIRL i didnt have pictures i had a dvd tho. I just told her we didnt have a camra with is. She was fine with that cos i had photos of us together ect..
BRING PICTURES
bring phone records
bring your bank details (3 months statements) if u have any. i didnt but i showed her my bank card lOL. I really was prepared i was.
make sure you have a ltter from his boss at work, his bank statments from 3-6 months and his  pay stubs from 3-6 momths.
Bring your receipt ( um ur e ticket) so they know you already purchased the ticket. and his Passport, your PASSPORT and both of you have little photos Passport sized. Make sure you have those.
 OH and if he's not there with you, make sure he writes a lil letter stating  you are his wife, and you are welcome tos tay with him blah blah blah.. :) Totally wear ur ROCK ( ring) and put everythign in a folder that you can flip thorugh. i had a binder with clear sheet pockets so i just had everything ready to see :) I was told that was good and I was very organized. Girli had momentos everything that I did not need.  But you will be fine! :)
 BRING THAT LETTER TOO wiht you that u got from the cousolate .. girl keep EVERYTHING!

Did i get it all girls?
Ya'll know how stressful it is.
I think THINK you will be okay, but I will wish you LUCK anyways! I KNOW i was a wrecek when I went :)
 huggies
 Shala
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

• My Myspace Page
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 03:49:31 AM »
Thank you all for your help...you are the most helpful/supportive ladies in the world!!!  ;D :-*

So, as you can all see from the email sent me from the Hawaii Marriage license people, I probably wouldn't be getting my certificate for a couple of weeks. Well, I called Friday afternoon to make sure I was at least in the system so they could get me going...well, the wonderful lady who has been helping let me know that not only had they got me in the system but that after only a day of getting me expedited, my certificate was mailed to me on Thursday, woowhhooo!!! So, I should have my certificate tomorrow or Tuesday. I am so happy. Everything is falling into place.

I feel much better now, besides my son's father trying to make my life hard, everything is going according to plan.

Exactly one more month to go.

Thank you Ladies!!!

-Alz  [smiley=heart.gif]

Sponsored Links